1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 4:44 PM by trialstardragon Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 60. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
        Pynk

OMG, will somebody from infinity ward at least comment on the in-game music? I don't understand why we don't have the option to turn off this god forsaken music blasting in our ears for hours every day! Does IW not see this as a problem? Is there some kind of strategy/reason for the music? Do the treyarch guys need to show IW how to adjust the music volume? I don't know how much longer I can take it. IW seems to listen to the "voice of the customer". I don't get it.

• 61. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

Yes it is a strategy, It's a strategy from makers of BF 4 Pay up to crew up ghosts and we will have more profits from BF4. The moto "WE MAKE GREAT GAMES" is definetly not aplicable for Ghosts. You should remake COD2 and COD4 and don't let IW and Treyarch touch it. This was an ace in your hands CoD group!

• 62. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
            Buckinghell

@

trialstardragon

It's not a case of an individual requirement whether the DEVs deem it a necessary option to implement but more so a general consensus from the community.

Hence why these forums are put in place for people to post their opinions and possible likes/dislikes , suggested improvements, every individual has their opinion and as stated by a Mod in this subject matter whether or not it gets implemented is another matter.

General rule of thumb most franchises listen to their community and adapt the game to their willing to please the masses but it would be naive of any individual to speak on their behalf or assume a decision for something such as this has already been forecast because you say so.

In terms of the killcam being an added tool for creative drama is nonsense, it's a tool to help you improve and learn from your mistakes hence why it's only available in "Core", so you can see where you went wrong/didn't check your corners and so forth if it was a tool to create drama they'd have left it in Hardcore modes too.

My personal opinion in terms of the options to turn off:

* Game Chatter -  No, I too think it's part of the game and would lose some of the title's immersive game-play.

* Game Music - Yes, this should be a standard option in ALL titles, period.

But as both 3Arc / IW have demonstrated in previous titles, they do as they see fit with little regard to it's community so I wouldn't hold your breath on either count but they've had little need to because as someone else mentioned they provide me with a fast paced FPS that no other title has come close too, so regardless of my preference to certain issues I will, at the end of the day continue to play the COD franchise as it has fulfilled my requirements of an FPS in terms of it's game-play.

• 63. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

The devs do not always need to listen to the community in all things, for the community does not always know what is best for the game ever. They just know what they want, to make the game easier for them which is not always better for the game ever.

Yes these forums are here for players to post their thoughts, but does not mean they need to be adhered to or done by the devs just because someone thinks so. And people are allowed to disagree with what others say, no one here has to agree to any topic ever, just because the OP wants them to. No one here has jump on the bandwagon and join the crowd in saying something is needed if they feel it is not. I am stating my view that is is not needed or wanted except by those that want to camp objective locations and sound whore for mindless kills.

General rule of thumb most companies listen a little to their customers and then decide for themself what is better and not just implement anything that the community wants because they say it is needed if it really is not. Just because some say something is needed or should be standard does not make it so. I do not speak on their behalf. But I can understand many of the choices that is made at times for it is based upon simple logic and data from how players play the game.

No it is not nonsense, the kill cam was never meant to be an accurate representation of what happens in the game ever. Even Vahn had stated this before. the kill cam was meant only for fun and a added level of drama and excitement in the game and to give minor information but not the be all end all on how a person died. yes you can learn a little from it; but that was not its main purpose but many adopted it as such and thus think anything it shows is 100% accurate when it is not and never was, nor ever will be. so to try and ever use it as justification or proof of anything is foolish.

Just because you think it should be standard does not meant it has to be or will or ever needs to be. As you said it is your feelings, but that does not make it factual or required no matter what you or anyone else ever wants to think.

They do as they see fit, for it is THEIR game NOT the communities at all. They know how THEY want the game to proceed and it is not always going to align with what the community wants nor does it really ever have too. We own NO rights to the game in how it is made at all. yet many in the community try and think or act like they do. When that is the farthest thing from the truth as it can be. The only rights we have are the rights the give us in the game in truth. for they could take away MP or change it in any way at any time they want and there is nothing we can do about it at all.

• 64. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
                r8edtripx

Buckinghell wrote:

@

trialstardragon

In terms of the killcam being an added tool for creative drama is nonsense...

Hahahaha!! It's beyond nonsense. LOL!! Don't even bother going back-and-forth with trialstar "the spoon-fed" dragon. You can spoon-feed him all day long with sound logic, but he, somehow, still finds a way to get it wrong; He has a knack for missing the point.

I don't think he does it maliciously, so just take everything he says with a grain of salt and don't let his obtuseness frustrate you. (However, this is easier said than done. Lol.)

• 65. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

There you go with your lame insults because I choose to say something different than what you want. there is no sound logic in your reply or in his. I have not missed the point at all. having music sliders in the game is not required nor does it need to be, for no it is not a standard in every game made nor will it ever be.

The only people that want it are those that want to sound whore easier and are frustrated because they cannot so they die because they refuse to look around instead of just letting sound warn them when to check behind them or around them.

• 66. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
                    r8edtripx

It's just hard to take you seriously as a whole, when you spew out nonsense like saying that killcams were created for the extra drama. That's just absolutely laughable. LMFAO! The killcam IS put there as a learning tool.

You quote Vahn as saying that killcams were not meant to be an accurate representation of what actually happened, but you miss the entire reason for him stating this. There are many people that complain about lag issues and reference the killcam to "prove" that they're lagging by "x" amount of time... Which is why Vahn then states the killcam isn't a 100% depiction of what happened, so you can't use the killcam to prove that you're lagging. ...but somehow you found a way to make a crackpot correlation.

I'm not saying I disagree on every point you've ever made, (or tried to make) but you, historically, have a way of losing your way even on topics where we happen to agree.

You get so hell-bent on being right, that you go back-and-forth with people and it often hits the point of ridiculousness. Sometimes it's quite funny.

• 67. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
                      MesaSean

I have begged IW before the game even came out to allow for an in game music mute. So damn annoying and always goes off at the wrong time when I am trying to sound whore.

Seems like a simple option to add right?

• 68. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

Not nearly as much as you think the kill cam is there as the action scene in a movie where the good guy kills the bad guy. Yes you can learn from them but that does not mean that was its main or only purpose in the game ever. the game could go without it and it would make little to do difference in how the game was played. Yes newer players use it to try and learn from it.

The kill cams did not prove anything, just people tried to use them as proof when they never were 100% accurate to begin with. Just everyone that tried to use them as proof tried to claim they were to validate what they said. When it has been know for as long as long as it has been in the game that it never was 100% accurate all the time ever. So Vahn finally came out and said so thinking that if people heard it from an actual dev they would finally understand that it was not 100% accurate all the time, that it was added as a bit of extra fun to the game and not to be taken as serious as everyone wanted or tried to all the time.

• 69. Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?
                          r8edtripx

trialstardragon wrote:

Not nearly as much as you think the kill cam is there as the action scene in a movie where the good guy kills the bad guy. Yes you can learn from them but that does not mean that was its main or only purpose in the game ever. the game could go without it and it would make little to do difference in how the game was played. Yes newer players use it to try and learn from it.

The kill cams did not prove anything, just people tried to use them as proof when they never were 100% accurate to begin with. Just everyone that tried to use them as proof tried to claim they were to validate what they said. When it has been know for as long as long as it has been in the game that it never was 100% accurate all the time ever. So Vahn finally came out and said so thinking that if people heard it from an actual dev they would finally understand that it was not 100% accurate all the time, that it was added as a bit of extra fun to the game and not to be taken as serious as everyone wanted or tried to all the time.

And there you go again. Lol! You bring nothing to the table here.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next