20 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 1:48 AM by dunnodunno RSS

Turn off Cod Ghosts Music

Infinity ward can you please give us the option to turn off the music that plays when we are playing call of duty ghosts for PS3 and also PS4.

It's the music that starts playing while we are in the menu or in a lobby.

The music makes it hard to hear other players. Because we don't have the option to increase the voice/chat volume in the game, it is very hard to talk to other players, while your in a party or in a lobby. The music is just too loud especially when different people all have different headsets.

In previous call of duty games I normally turn off the music.

realjoker
        • Test #1
          Re: Turn off Cod Ghosts Music

OMG TURN OFF THE MUSIC!!!!  Why is this not an option?

This is ridiculous!!

Last Edited: Nov 11, 2013 10:10 AM
          • Test #1

realjoker wrote:

Infinity ward can you please give us the option to turn off the music that plays when we are playing call of duty ghosts for PS3 and also PS4.

It's the music that starts playing while we are in the menu or in a lobby.

The music makes it hard to hear other players. Because we don't have the option to increase the voice/chat volume in the game, it is very hard to talk to other players, while your in a party or in a lobby. The music is just too loud especially when different people all have different headsets.

In previous call of duty games I normally turn off the music.

Agreed. It's ridiculous that this isn't an option, but at least the music in Ghosts doesn't make you want to Thai kick Infinity Ward in the face the way the non-stop music did in MW3.

Last Edited: Nov 11, 2013 10:25 AM
              • Test #1

For those of us that have an Astro A40 or any expensive headset will understand what I mean. The music makes it hard to talk to other players especially when their headset is not that good that is why we compensate by turning off the music. Again there is no chat volume in ghosts. Another reason why we need the option to turn off the music.

Last Edited: Nov 11, 2013 10:43 AM
                  • Test #1

realjoker wrote:

For those of us that have an Astro A40 or any expensive headset will understand what I mean. The music makes it hard to talk to other players especially when their headset is not that good that is why we compensate by turning off the music. Again there is no chat volume in ghosts. Another reason why we need the option to turn off the music.

I have a TB PX5 headset, so that doesn't apply here, but just remember what it was like in MW3. Now THAT was bad.

Trust me, I get it, it would be really nice to be able to turn down the music by itself. Since Infinity Ward blew it, I'm just glad it isn't as bad as MW3. Yeah, it's sad that It's come to this, "Well, at least it isn't as bad as..." but there you go, it HAS come to that.

Last Edited: Nov 11, 2013 11:39 AM
                • Test #1

Yeah, even with my headset's ability to independently turn chat volume up, I find I'm constantly lowering/raising the volume of the game to actually be able to have a conversation, i.e. I have game volume muted between lobbies, then full blast during games to the point where I can barely hear callouts whatsoever. Very irritating.

Last Edited: Nov 11, 2013 10:33 AM
                    • Test #1

exactly, i keep turning my volume on and off because to some people am loud and too others am low, and too others, i can't even hear them over the music aswell. Am just guessing what everyone are saying and am like yeah, yeah , yeah

Last Edited: Nov 11, 2013 11:08 AM
                    • Test #1

Seriously, why is this not a thing?! Who makes a game without specific volume adjustments? Why even waste your time making a volume options menu? Most people know how to adjust the game volume in windows. We need control over the various sound elements of the game and as game developers you SHOULD KNOW THIS!

Last Edited: Nov 17, 2013 1:08 AM
                      • Test #1

The worst part of the music is that it masks the sound of footstepps, and I have to sit down and camp til it is over -.-

Last Edited: Nov 17, 2013 1:51 PM
                        • Test #1

They also need to add more audio options for different speaker setups as well. Stereo/TV/Surround Sound etc.

Last Edited: Nov 17, 2013 1:59 PM
                          • Test #1

Please make it an option!

Last Edited: Dec 14, 2013 4:34 AM
                            • Test #1

I agree with everyone here...Playing free for all or any game mode and the music just blaring is ridiculous...it can not be that hard to add the setting because they had the option in mw3 to turn up/down music why not put it in Ghost?

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2013 8:39 AM
                              • Test #1

Yes can we please get an option to turn off this mainm enu or lobby music its driving me up the wall!

i am seriously getting sick of this i do not want to turn on the damn game because of it and have to back out into the xbox dashboard just to make it stop when im taking a break or doing something else on the side.

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 3:07 AM
                                • Test #1

PLEASE!!!

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 5:23 AM
                                  • Test #1

I agree..MW3 had this issue too. But BO2 managed to get it right! Com'on IW/Activision…Give us this option. If not in Ghosts make it happen in all future COD titles. Thank you, that is all

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 10:31 AM
                                    • Test #1

Welcome to Infinity Ward. We don't disrespect our customers, we want everyone to die with out rich volume and FoV settings

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 3:00 PM
                                      • Test #1

Yeah I hooked up my gaming headset and so it's definitely hard to hear party chat with the loud music.

For me, the biggest reason I want to turn the music down is for when I join a game in progress that happens to be at a crucial point in the game, and I have to sit around and wait for the music to finish so I can get back to listening for enemy gunfire and footsteps. Plus, we all love that music with 1 minute left that drowns out all game sound, don't we!

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 4:13 PM
                                        • Test #1

To remove all music only, from Squads gameplay:

Go to your Steam>Steamapps>Common>Ghosts and rename or remove:

soundfile1.pak

soundfile59.pak

soundfile62.pak

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 8:13 AM