1 2 3 Previous Next 103 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 12:18 PM by rewind247 RSS

Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.

CallOfDutyFan88

1) Ieds? Seriously? Who was it that came up with the idea to make claymores almost invisible with a bigger blast radius on these already very slow paced campy maps? This community hates claymore/bouncing betty campers as is and u guys introduced a horribly improved way to play like a cancer to the cod community. 

2) huge cluttered maps? Why dnt u guys go by the types of maps we actually vote for instead of listening to a few bf fanboys that are gonna play bf anyway. Im sure a hell of alot more ppl voted for small to mid maps like dome, arkaden and mission than downturn outpost and liberation. Even competitive was forced to ignore most of your maps. Cod players dont want to spend 5 mins running around only to find some1 hiding in one of the 100's of random map design errors. The numbers prove less is more! U guys can fix this tho, give us some free faster paced fan favorite maps from previous games and throw those with frieght, strikezone and warhawk and make a fast paced mospit playlist with a rotating mix of tdm, dom, kc, cranked and blitz. This would instantly make the game enjoyable for the ppl that are tired of time limit games without changing the game for the ppl who do enjoy the game as is.

3) nerfing the uav to next to uselessness did not do any good besides making campers not worry about spending 3 points on off the grid. Uav brings much needed pace to cod and its ironic how the cod that needs uav the most has nerfed it to oblivion. Worried about wiretap balance? Take it out and replace with something else like a smuggler perk that lets u equip a 4th killstreak or something (just a random perk idea). Worried about off the grid balance? Bring off the grid down to 2 points but make it only protect from satcom while moving.

• 1. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
          ge0rdiemark

Agree with you.

They have no idea how to balance what is supposed to be a fast paced game - I hear Bf4 plays quicker now. I think they will loose audience to Titanfall and other quicker shooters.

They gave campers IED, motion sensor, then IMS an dogs to sit in rooms and difficult to dislodge.

What do attackers get for equipment, - nothing. Just poor explosives and even worse flash bang and concussion that have a radius so poor you cant use them to enter a room - and to add insult to injury the IED still remains after the tactical has gone off.

They should make IED cost 2 points, or make them so they go off with ANY DAMAGE at all - including concussion.

• 2. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.

Agreed, the ied is so op for campers, plus the guard dog/ims. I just wrote an instructable for camping.  BO 2 was way more fun than this.  Even with flak jacket or whatever that perk is called, if they use recon, you might as well have stepped on a motion sensor that damages you.  throw in the "lean" mechanic and any half skilled player will require a team effort to get dislodged, just to move to a new, equally frustrating camp spot.  Bo2 ghost perk was perfect, stand still and you still get pinged by uav. And at least you could crouch under the explosion. And claymores at least are directional and have red lasers.  Camping cramps the classic fast paced action I used to love in COD. There is so much potential and I hope some major balancing happens.

Ieds + nerfed smgs + classic grey scale cod color palette make this a campers dream.  K/D means next to nothing if you can just sit in a corner and farm kills with ieds and dogs.

Please fix for your loyal fans!!  Remember what made MW such an experience! (hint, it wasn't ieds)

• 3. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
              pj600r

I haven't played Ghosts for about 3 weeks now and it's no coincidence that was the date I bought BF4, you're right though it definitely plays faster than BF3 and Ghosts.

If you play certain game modes the maps are smaller than half of the maps in Ghosts and camping is not really an issue, it's a pity as I like Ghosts but I have no urge to play it at the moment because I find it boring.

Maybe the DLC might tempt me back but I'll be watching a few YouTube clips first to see if it's worth the money.

• 4. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                stormgoalie30

ever since the original IW left, All the cod they have made have been less then par. the orignal IW left halfway through mw2. mw2 was an awesome game, but had some flaws, that's because the orignal bunch of IW was there and made the a large part of mw2, and all the samll parts were left of the crappy IW, thus noobtubes were put into the game, the stupid commando (was that in mw2?). then IW made mw3. mw3 was a ok game. Lighting sucked, you had two guns to use, mp7 and acr, maps sucked. Now ghosts. Ghosts sucks all around, sh*t maps, crap gamemodes, they left out demolitions and orignally left out search and destroy (which they totally destroyed) S&D at its prime in blops 1 or mw2 had what about 4-5 thousand? now it haas 2. the "new" IW SUCKS. Cod: 4 was made by the orignal IW, was an awesome game.

• 5. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                  Izjar11

1) Ieds? Seriously? Who was it that came up with the idea to make claymores almost invisible with a bigger blast radius on these already very slow paced campy maps? This community hates claymore/bouncing betty campers as is and u guys introduced a horribly improved way to play like a cancer to the cod community.

This community DOES not hate them, only those who cant figure it out. But to help your lack of creativity, sitrep, blastshield, marathon, blinking light, beeping sound, hint they can be avoided but you will die by one or two.

2) huge cluttered maps? Why dnt u guys go by the types of maps we actually vote for instead of listening to a few bf fanboys that are gonna play bf anyway. Im sure a hell of alot more ppl voted for small to mid maps like dome, arkaden and mission than downturn outpost and liberation. Even competitive was forced to ignore most of your maps. Cod players dont want to spend 5 mins running around only to find some1 hiding in one of the 100's of random map design errors. The numbers prove less is more! U guys can fix this tho, give us some free faster paced fan favorite maps from previous games and throw those with frieght, strikezone and warhawk and make a fast paced mospit playlist with a rotating mix of tdm, dom, kc, cranked and blitz. This would instantly make the game enjoyable for the ppl that are tired of time limit games without changing the game for the ppl who do enjoy the game as is.

Who is this we voted for smaller maps? I am 100% glad they got out of that, good work IW. The maps are not user friendly its obvious with your response, so sad.

3) nerfing the uav to next to uselessness did not do any good besides making campers not worry about spending 3 points on off the grid. Uav brings much needed pace to cod and its ironic how the cod that needs uav the most has nerfed it to oblivion. Worried about wiretap balance? Take it out and replace with something else like a smuggler perk that lets u equip a 4th killstreak or something (just a random perk idea). Worried about off the grid balance? Bring off the grid down to 2 points but make it only protect from satcom while moving.

Satcoms are great, not overused, and coupled with others make a powerful force. Your just lacking imagination.

You want fast pace play cranked, faster than BO2 and any other COD game, run sitrep, and your complaints will be null.

• 6. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                    CallOfDutyFan88

1) if u think ppl arent heavily annoyed by campers hiding behind explosives or maps that constantly drag on to time limit games your oberservation skills are lacking. The most voted maps in cod history are dome and nuketown, not aftermath or downturn.

2) satcoms arent coordinated nearly enough in practice, i get them all the time and by the time a second one is thrown down the 1st sat is long expired or expiring. Coordinating satcoms with randoms that hardly use mics is not nearly consistent enough to validate me using one at all outside of ffa.

3) play cranked for fast pace? Dont make me laugh, non cranked players camping while im running around trying not to self destruct makes it more frustrating than enjoyable for me.

4) is every cod perfect to you? Are u really tmartn or something? U seem to be constantly on the forums only to try to belittle and condesend to ppl with VALID POINTS who dnt think every cod is perfect like u do. Its gotten so bad that ppl who are paid to play this game are turning thier backs on it and are venturing off to focus on games like minecraft and previous cod games within as little as 3 weeks into this game's lifecycle. Cod interest is as low as its been in ages and yet u cant even comprehend the commonly communicated reasoning to this. Its ok not to agree but not to understand is just embarassing for some1 who spends 23 hours a day in cod forums.

• 7. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                      ge0rdiemark

I think the only thing IW and Acti understand is money

when player numbers dwindle and season passes flop, maybe they will read the comments.

COD is losing why it is popular - gun vs gun play fast paced.

Having so much defensive equipment to protect rooms and poor UAV and easy off the grid implementation means games grind to a snails pace on large maps.

IED at the top of the stairs that cant be shot in line of sight - just leave the campers up there. Repeat a few times and we have a stalemate. You cant run up there even with blast shield as you loose half your health and you know campers have amplify and are lying prone aiming at the doorway with an M27 or equivalent....

Suggestion - make the 9 bangs fully charged emp - wait for it, actually work as a BO2 emp and kill all equipment except IMS and sentry (as they are more hard earned).

That will get more players out of there rooms and help the game FLOW

• 8. Re: Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                        Izjar11

1) if u think ppl arent heavily annoyed by campers hiding behind explosives or maps that constantly drag on to time limit games your oberservation skills are lacking. The most voted maps in cod history are dome and nuketown, not aftermath or downturn.

there is a difference between losing because you cant figure out how to win and feeling FRUSTRATED then someone "annoyed" by an explosive that can be detected, avoided or destroyed easily. Huge Difference. My "skills" in reading through someones complaint is not.

2) satcoms arent coordinated nearly enough in practice, i get them all the time and by the time a second one is thrown down the 1st sat is long expired or expiring. Coordinating satcoms with randoms that hardly use mics is not nearly consistent enough to validate me using one at all outside of ffa.

yes playing with randoms produces random results, this is not new.

3) play cranked for fast pace? Dont make me laugh, non cranked players camping while im running around trying not to self destruct makes it more frustrating than enjoyable for me.

you don't like how others play, then don't play the game but its clear what you write: Your mostly frustrated by what OTHERS are doing, and as you say, no matter the game mode people will play as they wish.

4) is every cod perfect to you? Are u really tmartn or something? U seem to be constantly on the forums only to try to belittle and condesend to ppl with VALID POINTS who dnt think every cod is perfect like u do. Its gotten so bad that ppl who are paid to play this game are turning thier backs on it and are venturing off to focus on games like minecraft and previous cod games within as little as 3 weeks into this game's lifecycle. Cod interest is as low as its been in ages and yet u cant even comprehend the commonly communicated reasoning to this. Its ok not to agree but not to understand is just embarassing for some1 who spends 23 hours a day in cod forums.

Only a child would write this final attempt to bash and make himself feel better type of run on sentence. I defend the game because I like it, its good. I don't judge or expect others to play as I desire them to, and if the game has become boring to you and others the solution is very simple (think about it) and yes I post allot, are you hating on that as well?

I conclude with this: You have a choice to play the game, and if your so "annoyed" or frustrated by the game and its users then stop. But that won't happen, will it? You can't stop playing the game, but you would rather attempt to change something by saying what ever it is that comes to mind. I get it, the game is GOOD.

• 9. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.

I think the only thing IW and Acti understand is money

when player numbers dwindle and season passes flop, maybe they will read the comment

This will never happen... IW have purposly done this and will release SMALL / MID range DLC maps in all upcoming DLC so that you buy the season pass.

I can assure all the hater on these forums WILL buy the DLC and WILL buy the next COD game, It's a FACT. I sometimes hate on the game, heck EVERYONE does at some point but that does not change the fact that you are STILL playing the game due to "all the things wrong" with the game.

I like the game it's fun and as to the OP I rarely get into a game and have the time limit run out. I play TDM most of the time on PS3/4 have a 3.45 KDR and get 20/45 kills per game. that half of the final score by using Sat comm, Dogs and Chopper. the game inho is bloody good and yes there are some floors but they are working on this.. Do you have any idea how much it costs to make a game / fix patches? A LOT! $$$$$$

Patients is your best friend in this game use it.

1 2 3 Previous Next