1 2 3 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2014 9:33 PM by LVLikeG RSS

Welcome to Ghost.

Izjar11

COD,

To the regulars and visitors welcome to Ghost a game that does the following:

1- Strangulate the players who do not use what the game provides, or their brain for all that matters

2- Remove the run and spray option, I hear a garbage disposal going of somewhere.

3- The irony of Aiming, when was it necessary before? Right, this is Ghost. You need to aim

4- Winning by some over whelming score streak / game ending thing, gone so long dependency.

5- Deletes the notion that running is the only way to play. And proves the idea that remaining stagnant is not smart.

6- Highlights how Clans rule this game, they do and thats a fact.

7- Consistency / creativity / cunning is needed to win, or just throw your controller into a pool and hope it returns with better results.

Ghost is a GREAT game, it deserves more than what many who come here say. Because in all honesty, this game belongs to the players! You don't like a thing, you can change that. Winning and losing, dying and surviving is not new, this game though makes all that much more complicated for the simpler player.

Ghost is Ghost not BO2 or 1 or MW-2-3. Its GHOST.

• 1. Re: Welcome to Ghost.
          Bielsalmighty

Oh I dunno, a Helo Pilot is quite capable of tipping the balance of a game. Hell, even the lowly Gryphon can rain absolute hell down on greenies!

Other than that, agree fully. Good movement and smarts are richly rewarded in this game.

• 2. Re: Welcome to Ghost.
            FalconR6

Agree mate. Ghosts does not favor any one style of play. It won't play the way you want it to just so you can dominate. Since MW2 , I haven't played a cod where choosing the right weapons for the right job/map is as rewarding.

In in no way do I say Ghosts is perfect - there are things I'd change personally. But, I see Ghosts as a great step forward into Next Gen Cods.

If the trend of the last few years continued - faster pace, smaller maps, etc - it would have reached breaking point. I can understand some gamers preferring BO2 because it was faster paced --> but that's just a case of getting a sugar high.

Growing up with gaming I know that each new game (even within a franchise) will have different parameters and skills needed - this is a good thing. No change = staleness and you'll end up getting sick of it.  I don't like the mentality of " this game is not in my wheelhouse" ,,, the game plays the same for everybody, same rules. I prefer the mentality of improving yourself as a gamer by adapting to what comes along.

• 3. Re: Welcome to Ghost.
              Izjar11

Bielsalmighty wrote:

Oh I dunno, a Helo Pilot is quite capable of tipping the balance of a game. Hell, even the lowly Gryphon can rain absolute hell down on greenies!

Other than that, agree fully. Good movement and smarts are richly rewarded in this game.

True, unless the following is done by someone: MAWS or better yet Air superiority. Been running this set up lately! Try it, use it as back up instead of having to worry about things in the air, Air superiority means superiority. Everything flying about goes down.

• 4. Re: Welcome to Ghost.
                Izjar11

well said, just because a game becomes more complex doesn't make it as they love to call it "garbage" or the "worse MP ever" kids and their lack of imagination. I hope that is not a trend for gaming.

• 5. Re: Welcome to Ghost.
                  phxs72

I think that Ghosts is the needed break from the break neck speeds of the past two titles.  Don't get me wrong I loved playing those titles but they were pushing the envelope and had it pushed any further I don't think that the game code could have handled it.  Past that though Ghosts does have it's fast paced maps and modes.  People tend to forget about them but they are there.  Cranked is more fast paced than anything any previous title offered.  Then you have maps like Strikezone which always plays fast and if you have ever tried Free Fall then you know that it makes Strikezone look like a leisurely stroll in the park.  The biggest problem with Ghosts which I don't find to be a problem but the masses seem to is that it doesn't reward reckless behavior.  There are a number of folks out there that relied heavily on twitch, speed and bad hit detection to mask their reckless approach to map progression.  Those are the ones that have quit on Ghosts and gone back to the older titles.  The folks that played the previous titles with cunning along with some good twitch skills are the ones that fair well in Ghosts.  It is much more of a thinking mans shooter.

I was playing some Clan vs Clan TDM last night and if you want a thinking challenge that is a game mode to play.  Our team ran into two polar opposite teams and beat them both.  The first was what you would expect some high kd players that were sure that they were going to run all over us.  We knew that was a real possibility as well so instead of running all over the map looking for them, we basically camped a large area and forced them to come to us.  They were easy kills. 

The next clan that we ran into were using the Riot shield technique.  Basically they all held up in a room with limited access and had IEDs, motion sensors, and night owls everywhere.  They were pretty good at it.  However, it didn't take us long to figure out what they were doing.  So we decided to not feed them kills and let their curiousity and overconfidence do them in.  We stayed outside of their room and picked them off whenever they showed their heads and then had a couple of guys patrolling the spawns to kill them again on the respawn.  Eventually we would get them so beat down that we would rout them out of their room and go find them in the next room that they wanted to hold down.  This was a harder win for us but it was a win nonetheless.  I actually (and this is a little evil) started throwing down my IED near their IED and firing off a couple of unsilenced shots so that when they came to look, it would set off both IEDs.  Pro-tip: Blast shield won't save you from your own explosive.

• 6. Re: Welcome to Ghost.
                    cranium2001

Awesome post. Quite the lack of a surprise that everyone who has commented here so far has a clue. Usually there would be some whining on here by now. This game has completely overhauled the way I play and I'm thankful for it.

• 7. Re: Re: Welcome to Ghost.
                      Izjar11

Cranked is more fast paced than anything any previous title offered. 

Yes it is, its blinding fast, games end well within four minutes or less.

The biggest problem with Ghosts which I don't find to be a problem but the masses seem to is that it doesn't reward reckless behavior.  There are a number of folks out there that relied heavily on twitch, speed and bad hit detection to mask their reckless approach to map progression.  Those are the ones that have quit on Ghosts and gone back to the older titles.  The folks that played the previous titles with cunning along with some good twitch skills are the ones that fair well in Ghosts.  It is much more of a thinking mans shooter.

Exactly, its become a "problem" because they have to aim and even that doesn't save them all the time.

I was playing some Clan vs Clan TDM last night and if you want a thinking challenge that is a game mode to play.  Our team ran into two polar opposite teams and beat them both.  The first was what you would expect some high kd players that were sure that they were going to run all over us.  We knew that was a real possibility as well so instead of running all over the map looking for them, we basically camped a large area and forced them to come to us.  They were easy kills.

What you did was trap them, I welcome that exact trap because it forces me to figure out a way to beat it. I am slowly learning how to win vs the strategy.

I actually (and this is a little evil) started throwing down my IED near their IED and firing off a couple of unsilenced shots so that when they came to look, it would set off both IEDs.  Pro-tip: Blast shield won't save you from your own explosive.

nice, hadnt thought of that one...and I have been killed a few times by my own IED than I like to count. But the fault is mine.

• 8. Re: Re: Welcome to Ghost.
                        Izjar11

cranium2001 wrote:

Awesome post. Quite the lack of a surprise that everyone who has commented here so far has a clue. Usually there would be some whining on here by now. This game has completely overhauled the way I play and I'm thankful for it.

many who see my posts / threads are avoiding them because they know: The fault is own them not the game and you cant argue vs yourself.

• 9. Re: Welcome to Ghost.

This game for me, is one of the better cods I have played, many issues but most are cut out by simple adaptation. I've always done well at cod since bo1, it's what happens the more u play and practice something. However the more u play a certain way the less you can adapt i find. The first week of ghosts I was playing it like BO2, as has been pointed out, this ain't bo2, and everyone has got to find their own way to play the game.

I've always been a rusher but with ghosts I realised if I slowed down 20% I ended up performing much better. this game tends to reward people who play the game smartly and intelligently, but who also have quick reaction times & can set up a class to suit their play style.

To sum up how I perform I tend to look at KD (although it's not a perfect comparison). ideally your KD should improve with each cod title, assuming you play similar game modes. Mine has risen with every title fairly steadily, BO = 2, MW3 =2.6 BO2 = 3.1 and so far GHOSTS = 3.8. I haven't suddenly become better at the game in the last few months, this game and I simply suit each other.

Off topic -

I've not been on these forums in ages, quick question @izjar11 , has there been a recent hot fix for spawns? Ive been playing some FFA the last few weeks and put it on tonight and the spawns were absolutely atrocious . played 3 games and each one I got spawn killed several times in a row. The worst was prison break, got spawn killed 6 times in a row!! Feels like they have changed something.

1 2 3 Previous Next