1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 190 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2014 2:43 PM by fasnakes Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community

Then why did you put that the comment above his was a fine example?

• 41. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community
          rankismet

lewdmouth wrote:

Yes, but coming from an OP that for years has been completely dismissive of others opinions it is hard to stomach. He spent a lot of time writing it but so do a lot of other forum members spend time writing posts with their opinions on what could make the game better for all only to be completely dismissed by these long time forum posters with a superiority complex. I often from them see comments like "adapt or go play another game". "You think I'm gonna read that wall of text". "Your just a bad player". Now I see those same guys in this post acting as if they are going to "save" the forums. They are what destroyed it in the first place. I think people are discouraged from posting after reading comments from these forum "veterans".

The comment above from nicedrewishfella is a perfect example of the un-inviting comments that I see coming from long term posters.

Macc is dismissive of drivel... as are many folks who see the same drivel over and over.

Too many threads start from a postion of " The game is broken and you're an idiot if you tell me otherwise" How is a proper converstaion going to be generated from that drivel? And those that say one is "a bad player" aren't the vets of this forum.

Paragraphs help form thoughts an aide in reading, BTW.

• 42. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community
            nicedrewishfela

Of course in some situations we are stating opinions just like everyone else. I don't represent my opinions as facts.

But often you have to counter people's opinions with facts.  And facts are statements that can be back up with evidence or source material, which I often try to provide when I do mention facts.

And I admit when I am proven wrong.

• 43. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community
              lewdmouth

The comment FROM nicedrewishfela

• 45. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community
                Ss78_

I understand you're how can I put it bitter maybe as mac and few others did act a bit how can I put it arrogant maybe in another thread of yours. Mac doesn't agree with me and I don't agree with him usually either in the few threads we have encountered one another. In this instance though our opinions are about the same so I give credit where credit's due.

He did mention basically though that himself and others need to check themselves for the good of the forum. Whether people do or not remains to be seen. I do get where you're coming from though but from what I see you are agreeing with some of his points and maybe just don't want to see it for whatever reason.

• 46. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community
                  nuttin2say

Great thread, Macc.

I really want to second your motion on some indication of how long people have been members and how much they have actually contributed. When I saw forum member with over 10,000 posts, I knew this was someone that had seen & heard a lot. I may not have always agreed with everything they said, but it was good cause for me to double check my point of view before I put my foot in my mouth.

This point system, also, makes it seem as our involvement in the community is subjective. Post something ATVI wants to see and when other forum members "Like" it, why, you get more points.

Finally, dead right on the Support responses. Most of the questions there are probably going to require in depth technical know-how that most forum members are not going to be able to answer. Answering an "easy" question is largely a matter of luck

Only to have the mods come back and mark their answer as correct, which as Macc notes is often a repeat of someone else's answer? That's not cool. I understand that it has to be a challenge for the mods to go back and check every single response to the threads to see if someone else already gave a correct reply. That's probably too much work to put onto the mods.

Which makes Macc's point - this system doesn't work.

I don't know who is coming up with the challenges for the community and the games themselves, but that person/team needs to really rethink the way they are approaching things.

• 47. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community
                    FalconR6

Spot on Nuttin. The forum missions can be used to invoke certain behaviors within the forum. I really hope that the website / Activision rewards team took notice of the thread by Jedimastershark Website Badge Suggestions  . There is much mirth in that the thread, but also some excellent feedback into the direction the missions should take.

• 48. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community
                      nuttin2say

Will check it out. Hadn't seen it yet. Thanks for the heads up.

• 49. Re: I Remember when all this was fields... The Forums and community
                        maccabi

Does anyone else notice the irony of the same day a post goes up complaining about the state of the forums design we get a background added and newish color scheme that makes reading the forums even harder.. especially on mobile (which by adding also increases the loading times for a page on mobile)

Anyways grabs coffee and starts getting round to answering some of the replies

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next