13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 6:42 PM by brsox RSS

Dead silence should counter Amplify, not vice versa

IndyOldGuy

My opinion and sticking to it..lol
      IMO the way it is now slows the pace of the game, and gears the game towards hiding and waiting, which often leads to a slow boring gameplay..

hmm wonder if this has anything to do with AV deal with turtle beach??

• Re: Dead silence should counter Amplify, not vice versa
          SilentxThriller

I don't have the most expensive headset but I hardly ever hear dead silence players when using amplify.

Here is my opinion on how the sound perks should work,

Amplify should increase the volume of enemy movements while keeping your own at the regular level. Able to hear Dead Silence players when they are extremely close.

Dead Silence should remove any movement sound you make in your own headset and to other players. You should be able to hear the footsteps of those not using either perk when they are extremely close.

That should result in:

Amplify > No Perk

Amplify = Amplify

Amplify = Dead Silence

Amplify < Both Perks

Dead Silence > No Perk

Dead Silence = Amplify

Dead Silence = Dead Silence

Dead Silence < Both Perks

It may "sound" complicated but it's really not.

I agree with this 100% Dead Silence has a bigger counter then "crouch walking" which is looking around or sight or vision or the ability to see. So there is no reason to counter Dead Silence. Amplify is a wall hack involving sound it has over 3 times the range of the motion sensor in MW3 and it can hear through walls and a ceilings and floors and it has a filter to filter your and your team mates footsteps and it filters the ringing from the flash bang grenade. What I don't get is why explosives and Agility and Dead Silence are so weak and the 9 bang and stun grenade are too weak as well they should be restored to MW2's strength since they now have a counter.

I disagree with this if there was no counter to dead silence then you just get someone else complaining about dead silence. The game is the same for everybody, i personally have a problem with the IED much more but hey ho thats the game.

Also dont buy into the equipment debate, you dont need a very expensive headset to use amplify well a regular stereo headset will do the trick. You can go on an on about equipment but it doesnt start and end with headsets, for example people using gaming monitors have an advantage, people using scuf controllers have an advantage, Kontrol freeks, fibre optic internet etc. Fact is the most serious of gamers will spend the money just like any other hobby.

And it doesnt all come down to what you can and cant buy I can post similar scores with no headset I just have to play differently for example I will use assault to help get those extra kills.

Try tell Tiger Woods its not fair dude you have better golf clubs than I can afford, no my friend Tiger is just better at golf

ANWRambo

Dead Silence and Amplify are the 2 best perks in the game.

They don't need to be messed with at all.

If you love to run and gun they are worth putting on.

Dead Silence is ok by it self but use Amplify also and everyone sounds like a bull in a china shop through buildings.

Helps me find people without using sat coms or the radar at all.

I have a Sony 7.1 wireless surround sound headset that I got for $100.

Helps me pinpoint people through buildings and walls.

Great for sniffing out campers.

If you have a cheap crappy Bluetooth headset you don't know what you are missing.

EVERYTHING lmao.

If you have dead silence on and your moving slowly you can't be heard via Amplify... I'm guessing the people complaining are the ones sprinting around at lightspeed with marathon expecting that they should be completely silent doing so, really though how realistic is that.

Phamien

Oldurtay wrote:

If you have dead silence on and your moving slowly you can't be heard via Amplify... I'm guessing the people complaining are the ones sprinting around at lightspeed with marathon expecting that they should be completely silent doing so, really though how realistic is that.

Couldn't have said that better myself, great post. 

DARKPHOENIX800

Very true.

How I tackle players who have amplify is that if you know or suspect some one is waiting for you charge and though a 9-banger, that will deafen, blind and take out their radar. Then jump around the corner and spray and pray. I recommended you use a rusher class for this tactic. 

Gambitual

First of all, an Amplify rework is in the making.

Second of all, this is the downfall of having two perks work on the same thing, in this case sound. Amplify counters Dead Silence so it is OP. Dead Silence counters Amplify so it is OP.

How about this. Was the Pro effect of Stalker from MW3 OP? I only died from a Betty, Claymore, or IMS once using Stalker Pro and it was me being dumb. Point is, it countered equipment very well. Completely made them useless.

And a similar thing can be drawn for Ghosts. No one like IEDs, yet if Stalker Pro came back, people would either complain that they are "forced" to use that perk or that IEDs are completely useless.

Back to Dead Silence and Amplify, however. Let's say Dead Silence makes you 95% quieter, or you only emit 5% of the normal amount of noise. Amplify boosts enemy footstep sound to 150% of the regular. And we'll just say I am talking about range and volume. Then having both cancel each other evenly would mean that Amplify can hear Dead Silence at 77.5% of the normal noise made. This is kinda what I feel they do currently, but that is close enough to 100% that it doesn't matter to most people. And considering audio setups, to where some people say they can hear DS users just fine without Amplify, you have a real mess.

I propose that Dead Silence be twice as quiet as it is now. This helps them DS users actually be unrealistically "dead silent" while also not allowing people to pull the "I am forced to use Amplify" card. In return, have them interact in such a way that Amplify can hear DS users at no less than 40% but no more than 50% of normal.

biron_w

I agree that Dead Silence should counter Amplify.

Amplify is a campers tool. Sit in a corner with it on and you know exactly where people are coming from. I know this for a fact as I have a decent headset and using Amplify feels like I'm cheating. Even without Amplify footsteps are far too loud. In previous CODs I have been called a hacker because I've spun around 180 degrees when I've heard somebody behind me.

Dead Silence is an anti-camper tool. I like to use as I am always on the move and it helps masks my footsteps(obviously).

So have Dead Silence counter Amplify and that way Johnny Camper sitting in a corner with Amplify on will get a shock when somebody runs into the room and kills him(or her)

brsox

I think amplify should at least be removed from search and destroy.