7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2014 5:15 PM by SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA RSS

Upgrading to X-Box One

Hello all,

I purchased an X-Box One two days ago and was told that there is a way to upgrade my Call of Duty: Ghosts from my 360 to my X-Box One for something like $10. This way, I could play on either console.

Is this true? I've read a lot about it, but I cannot seem to find any way to do this and am getting frustrated.

If anyone could please inform me as how to do this, I'd appreciate it.

Than you!

• Re: Upgrading to X-Box One
          wraithoverlord

Have a look in the downloadable marketplace. Although this was a limited time offer and I am not sure if this offer is still valid? But some shops are doing a special deal for a dual download for the 360 and xbox 1 also.

wraithoverlord

cf992f0aecf278716d8c4fcaad2a8d0b wrote:

Have a look in the downloadable marketplace. Although this was a limited time offer and I am not sure if this offer is still valid?

Update for you.

The offer ran until the 31st of December 2013 and looks finished. you may still be able to buy the dual copy code from some retailers if they have stock left.

gotsomestars

You had to buy it from a few particular places. The code for the upgrade was inside .

They had those offers only until December 31st.

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

Like it was mentioned above, the promo on 360 Ghosts disks was running until Dec. 31st, it was a trade-in 360 disk for $40 in-store credit and $10 bucks off if purchased 360 disk from that retailer.

There was also a  promo from Microsoft Marketplace for diskless download ($69.99) with dual licence if purchased before Dec. 31 and upgraded before March 31st. In either case you wouldn't be able to keep Ghosts for both 360 and One.

This is from xbox marketplace: (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-Ghosts/66acd000-77fe-1000 -9115-d802415608fc)

XBOX 360 + XBOX ONE
                  DIGITAL COMBO

Available at participating retailers.

Buy the Xbox 360 Games on Demand version, and when you’re ready to upgrade to Xbox One, buy the Xbox One Games on Demand version for a suggested retail price of just $9.99 until March 31, 2014.

So if you find a "participating retailer" it might still be possible.

Foxhound-Pro

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA wrote:

Like it was mentioned above, the promo on 360 Ghosts disks was running until Dec. 31st, it was a trade-in 360 disk for $40 in-store credit and $10 bucks off if purchased 360 disk from that retailer.

There was also a  promo from Microsoft Marketplace for diskless download ($69.99) with dual licence if purchased before Dec. 31 and upgraded before March 31st. In either case you wouldn't be able to keep Ghosts for both 360 and One.

<snip>

Re: Bold and underlined text.

One gets to keep both versions of the game if one went the digital marketplace route. I have both an Xbox One and Xbox 360 version of the game from this promotion. Was playing on Xbox One yesterday. Just signed in to Xbox 360 right now.