39 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 11:10 PM by Work_Hard_Play_Hard RSS

COD Ghost Taken Over By Hackers???

I know there has been tons of posts on this subject, but this is insane.  Does anyone else feel this way?  I mean seriously this game has to be the worst with hackers!!! We might find (1) good lobby out of (5).  It's ridiculous.  We are now (3) months into this game and everyday the hackers and cheaters grow. The worst part is...these hackers and cheaters just throw it out there, they make it known they are hackers.  They have clan tags with MOD, their name has hacker in it, they change their PSN ID in the lobby and tell you go ahead report me.  They don't care because the powers that be obviously don't care. Reporting them does not work.  I called in to report someone on my friends list who had hacked his account and you know what?!?!?!?!  He's still playing everyday!!! I expect this sort of experience if I go back and put in a previous COD title, but not on a new game!!! I mean come on start with the darn leader boards...many of them are right there ban their accounts!!!  I am completely disgusted with the lack of care and attention that they putting into handling these hackers/cheaters. 

• Test #1
          Re: COD Ghost Taken Over By Hackers???

I am not trolling but what would you like to be done?

These "hacks", which are really mods, are done because PSN has yet to ban jailbroken systems from accessing its network.

If IW bans every "hacker", which are really modders, all they have to do is create a new name and remod it, which takes 5 minutes.

While IW is toiling away, trying to figure out what they can do, the truth is, as long as jailbroken systems are able to access the PSN and/or Sony does console bans for people using mods, there isn't much IW can do that I can think of. Hopefully, they do have an idea what to do and are working on it.

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 10:17 AM
          • Test #1

looking into how these player mod, i do not feel there is a stop anytime soon, they can have programs to unban them, basically creating a  new serial number for their ps3, and once one sticks, they are allowed online again.. CFW ( jailbreaking is how they are able to do this, also in addition using RTM/RTE to be able to put themselves in god mods, or uav hacks etc.

CFW is not illegal, but it is illegal to go online with it,s o what they do is spoof the ps3 making psn think it is on current firmware and then they then can get online

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 11:04 AM
            • Test #1

When you sign into psn/COD server doesn't your ip show up to Sony/IW,  and that IP address does it ref the router or ps3? Now I don't know who the hackers are but most would be lazy IMO as I think most are copy n pasters so block the ip some would get around most won't have clue for a while.

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 11:06 AM
                • Test #1

It's simple enough to get a new IP address by just unplugging your modem for a short amount of time and then the poor, innocent user who happens to end up with that IP address afterwards who is unlucky enough to play COD Ghosts will be blocked.

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 11:20 AM
                    • Test #1

I can't imagine Sony banning consoles over a singular game. People use their PS3s for a lot more than gaming and Sony has $$$$ legal contracts with the providers of other video/etc entertainment available to PS3 users.

Also look at it this way, to Sony the idea of hacking is tantamount to carrying more than "15 items" through the Express isle at the grocery store. Sure, there's signs all over the place forbidding it, but you never really see them enforcing the rule because they don't want to risk losing a $$$$ customer over something that is relatively minor in their business scope.

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 11:56 AM
                        • Test #1

theroc23 wrote:

I can't imagine Sony banning consoles over a singular game. People use their PS3s for a lot more than gaming and Sony has $$$$ legal contracts with the providers of other video/etc entertainment available to PS3 users.

Also look at it this way, to Sony the idea of hacking is tantamount to carrying more than "15 items" through the Express isle at the grocery store. Sure, there's signs all over the place forbidding it, but you never really see them enforcing the rule because they don't want to risk losing a $$$$ customer over something that is relatively minor in their business scope.

I am not really going to buy into that since Sony has done a large console ban before that essentially bricked PS3s but if you are correct as to the reasoning why it isn't happening, I will use that information for when I purchase a next-gen console in the next month.

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 12:00 PM
                    • Test #1

here let me just clarrify something im not a troll or a fan boy but you playstation players do relise that the xbox one and xbox 360 are not hack ridden all of the call of duty games have been fine on xbox but for every CoD playstation has always been full of hacks theres nothing new

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 11:45 AM
                      • Test #1

The funny thing is, there was hackers the first day the game was launched. if you checked the leaderbords on launch day 1 their were already people max rank with 10 million kills and less then 100 deaths and many more ridiculous stuff. but whats sad is the game hasn't even been out for 3 months yet and the game is riddled with hackers and modders i have played 6 infected games in the past 2 days and i have came across 4 11th prestige players. this is just stupid, they've been here since launch day, and they are still here now, this game is already like MW2 riddled with hacks.

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 5:17 PM
                        • Test #1

With the level of competion for FPS games you would think being on top of this would be a top priority to show that the COD franchise is still number 1, however correct me if i'm wrong but are they still not working on the spawns.  I play FFA but I dread dying as one death can easily lead to 3-4 within seconds.

Also a large number of the team will now be working on the next game development.

I think the online pass for PS4 will show improvements for the future and by restricting USB access will make it harder for the modders, too easy on PS3 to create a new account, however still a lot of life yet on PS3 I think a lot of people will resist paying for online as long as possible and play on PS3 whilst big titles available

Last Edited: Jan 21, 2014 11:10 PM