34 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2014 2:22 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

If MW3's MP7 and ACR had a child it would be the Honey Badger

Every FPS has that cheese ball gun. The one that's not really great at anything but good at everything. The Honey Badger is this years cheese ball, or if you prefer, cupcake. The gun has a look and feel of two of the most notoriously easy to use guns in Call of Duty history. And below I have a chart to prove that it just might be the child of the MP7 and ACR.

Gun NameMaxMax EndMinMin BeginRecoilRoF
      ACR40203030Best705
      MP7 35152020Good895
      Honey Badger42202033Good800

The Gun has the ACR's max damage and max damage end but the MP7s minimum damage (note that the rage of all weapons in this game were modified for the larger maps) and it also has the average RoF between the two guns. Taking after more of the MP7 but similar to the ACR is it's recoil. Both the MP7 and the Honey Badger have self-defeating recoil. It moves just as much to the left and up as it doesn't right and down. This means that the recoil counters itself leaving your gun to focalize in the center. Anyone with a little experience with the weapon will quickly learn that you don't have to fight the recoil, just get use to it.

As you all know, a gun's stats on paper don't always mean it performs that well in application. However, in this case it does. It translates excellently. The Honey Badger is the easiest to use gun. You see it on the ground more than any other weapon, you see it in your killcams more than any other weapon, and I've seen more KEM videos with the Honey Badger than any other weapon.

Does this mean it needs a nerf? No, I would like to see the suppressor punish it more though. The fact that the weapon starts you out with the most widely used attachment doesn't really helps it's case for not getting a nerf. The range is better than the MP7 and the ACR, what saves it is that it's minimum damage is the same as an SMG's. However, it does have a built in suppressor so you can't look at those stats without remembering to take into consideration that a suppressor greatly reduce it's damage over distance.(does this mean that the suppressor effects the range only or the damage and the range equally giving a two fold effect?).

GunMaxMax EndMinMin BeginRecoilRoF
      MTAR

152520Bad810
      Honey Badger42202033Good800

You can see here that both these weapons are near the same. There's a reason for this though. Both the MTAR and the Honey Badger are the middle ground between SMGs and ARs. Anyone who's used the weapons in the game can get that feel instantly. Hell, the MTAR was an AR in Black Ops II (The MTARs damage is higher than it's Black Ops II model). So it gives even more evidence that the MP7 and the ACR were both averaged to create the Honey Badger.

ghamorra
        • Test #1
          Re: If MW3's MP7 and ACR had a child it would be the Honey Badger

Honey badger is good in close and medium battles, but it has way more kick than ACR and MP7 from MW3 did for sure...IMO

Last Edited: Jan 25, 2014 11:50 AM
          • Test #1

The ACR in MW3 had the most predictable recoil of any weapon in CoD history, almost devoid of actual randomness.

Slightly upwards, never down.

The Honey Badger has the least predictable recoil of any weapon in CoD history.

Up, down, left or right, without any preference or pattern: Completely random.

(Though, a "feature" prevents the recoil from ever going from LEFT to RIGHT without stopping in the center, giving you a free "no recoil" shot every other shot when the recoil direction alternates from left to right or right to left)

Last Edited: Jan 25, 2014 4:26 PM
              • Test #1

The recoil of the gun is equally countered in every direction. What this means is it's all show and doesn't really do much. I've been using it a lot lately to see if the numbers on paper match it's in game performance and I must say that it's exceeding the already high expectations I had. The amount of long range kills I get are not fair in the least. It's up close performance tops that of most SMGs and it's handling mobility is very good. It's seriously the best of both worlds.

Knocking it for it's recoil to me is just an easy cope out. I get the impression that players try to defend it's difficulty of use by saying it's recoil is bad when really it's not. It's self-defeating therefore it may look to move a lot but really it's just jiggling a bit in the same place.

Last Edited: Jan 25, 2014 8:17 PM
              • Test #1

The fact that they never reduced the ACR's minimum damage to 29 so it wouldn't be a OHK in HC anywhere on the map is a testament to developer incompetence. Personally I dont like the HB because its recoil is all over the place and it really sucks once you get to the upper mid-longe range engagements.

Last Edited: Jan 25, 2014 4:37 PM
                  • Test #1

Trigger tapping does wonder's.The HB can more or less kill across map with a 3-6 shots, depending on where the shots hit.It is highly effective at all ranges.It shows that it recoils but in reality i have found the recoil to be near non-existent if you shoot in a 2-1-2-1-2 trigger tap pattern.Making it very close to the ACR in long range effectiveness.The silencer may as well not exist in reality.

By the way that is without any sights, and just with iron sights.If you put the single shot and acog/hybrid sight attachments on it, it becomes a highly consistent long range sniper with very low recoil.Essentially just an OP VKS mutant.

Last Edited: Jan 25, 2014 7:05 PM
                  • Test #1

You would think that with the suppressor built in, thus gaining more than you'd normally lose, the damage drop-off distance would be slightly shorter than normal (normally being 25% less, so you'd think something like 30%+ less or so)

Last Edited: Jan 25, 2014 7:17 PM
                    • Test #1

It takes 5 shots to kill for any target > about the length of a tennis court, which is short to low medium range.

Its recoil can go any direction - look at your accuracy stat with HB  - its not that high.

Look at MLG - people use R5, AK, 2010, Mtarx,

If everyone was using Honey badgers then you might have a valid point.

So, no, its a mid tier gun. Just because a good player pub stomp with it, they can pub stomp with most guns - mainly enabled by sound whoring noobs.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 5:40 AM
                      • Test #1

Your title is wrong the Honey Badger would be the baby of the MP7 and G36C cause the Honey Badger actually has a little recoil the product of the MP7 and ACR would either be the Remington or the AK-12 or the MTAR-X. A lot of the assault rifles need nerfs and the K7 and MTAR-X need nerfs as well or they could just buff all the other guns so no one loses their favorite gun but they aren't invincible anymore.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 12:38 PM
                          • Test #1

Psh, whats wrong with the K7? Its a great CQC stealth weapon, but its damage drop off is sharp and dramatic. Its like a 10 shot kill at 20 feet. Its the worst SMG at any kind of midrange and longer. Its fine.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 12:40 PM
                              • Test #1

The damage is what's wrong what's the point of the Vector if the K7 has the same damage and a way faster fire rate? It's an insta-kill for anyone unfortunate enough to be at medium range or lower there's no reaction time. It's needs a to be a four to five hit kill so it has an excuse for reduced recoil. It's using 9mm rounds with a Blowback system it should be behaving like a 9mm pistol or a 9mm smg not a an assault rifle. Besides no gun nerf would even affect hardcore players since every gun is one to two shot kill.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 12:57 PM
                                  • Test #1

I have always felt SMGs are stronger than they deserve. It would blow people's minds if they knew how much more range SMGs have in Ghosts than they did in Black Ops II. The base damage on the more powerful SMGs is also higher. SMGs have always needed more recoil and less range. The damage is fine so long as the range is appropriate. Again, this is just my opinion.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 1:08 PM
                                      • Test #1

I only think they need more recoil if the average soldier can't handle them. Some SMGs do need more recoil though. Also the Honey Badger isn't between a SMG and Assault Rifle the FAD is so the FAD needs more fire rate and less damage and more mobility. The Honey Badger uses 7.62x35mm type rounds and it's built in suppressor is to stabilize the gun while firing these huge rounds. The Honey Badger is actually personal defense weapon it's designed for defense while using power. Basically it's more of an assault rifle carbine then it is a smg even though it uses a stock designed similar to the MP5. So the Honey Badger needs to be three to five hit kill with a slower fire rate and the same amount of recoil. Another thing that needs to be addressed is the zoom and sway on the Thermal Sight for the snipers the range of thermal sight is only 4x zoom that's it basically an Acog Sight so it needs to be the same optics as the sniper scope, and it needs more sway on the snipers while the assault rifle Thermal Sight should only 4x zoom because it's broken and idiotic to have the same scope have less zoom on the snipers and sniper zoom on the assault rifles.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 1:23 PM
                                      • Test #1

Its not an instant kill, K7 is typically a 3-4 shot kill up close, it has a built in silencer so the range is automatically reduced. Outside of 10 feet you pretty much don't even have a weapon in your hands. It has lower damage and lower range than the Vector, which you can put a muzzle break on to make even stronger. Can't do that with the K7. There is nothing wrong with the K7 at all.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 1:13 PM
                                        • Test #1

The big difference between the Vector and K7 is that the K7's recoil is crap, making it horrible at long range and barely usable at medium range as opposed to the Vector.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 1:16 PM
                                            • Test #1

I know it's recoil isn't idea for long range engagements my problem is the damage it's only using 9mm rounds with a simple Blowback system so it should be similar strength to other 9mm SMGs and pistols it should not be three to four hit kill at medium range and below it should be four to five hit kill with a little less recoil.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 1:25 PM
                                                • Test #1

And this is CoD. Realism has little hold overall.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 2:06 PM
                                                    • Test #1

Yes but Call of Duty has always taken those factors accordingly to use for the guns damages and recoil and range and fire rate. Up until Black Ops 2 they have used realistic properties for most of the guns the overpowered ones were the only ones for some reason were the exceptions. Black Ops 2 and Ghosts pretty much haven't used these statistics for a lot of the guns. That's why many of them lack recoil where MW3 and before the guns had lots of recoil and weaknesses outside of their range except the OP ones. When ever they had a 9mm gun it would be four to five hit kill whenever and if they had a gun using 5.56 rounds it was three to five shot kill and the 7.62 and above rounds were always one to two shot kill either with lots of recoil or slow fire rates. The guns using 5.56 rounds were always average fire rates and with little to moderate recoil and if they had a fast fire rate it was moderate to high recoil while the weaker guns either had slow fire rate with no recoil or moderate fire rates with little recoil and if it had a fast fire rate it moderate to high recoil. Also everything in between 9mm and 7.62 rounds have had mixed statistics. All I am saying is they keep making guns too easy to use instead of balancing them or making them have realistic properties. All guns should have a weakness that destroys them in that specific situation whether it be fire rate or recoil or damage or range or usability and mobility.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 2:55 PM
                                          • Test #1

In all honesty... what's the point?

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 4:27 PM
                                            • Test #1

95% of my kills are from the honey badger. This gun is defiantly the best overall gun.

Last Edited: Jan 26, 2014 8:48 PM
                                              • Test #1

Actually the best thing I find about the Honey Badger is it's size.

It is compact.  There are SMGs that dwarf its size - especially silenced.

Look at your squad members sometime and just check out the difference in gun size.

It feels as if you stick a silencer on most weapons then you're toting around a broomstick 5ft long.  And you know that sticks out around corners and away from walls to give away your position.

The Honey Badger also has the built in silencer,  and the iron sights are easy to use - thus for most players an extra attachment perk is unnecessary.  Equipped with Grip and Extended Mags the Honey Badger becomes a very player friendly weapon.  Equipped with a tracker sight and the Honey Badger becomes a noob's best friend.

Last Edited: Jan 27, 2014 3:26 AM
                                                • Test #1

I like to keep at least one HB class as an in-game fallback for when connection issues appear to be limiting my silenced weapons effectiveness and I don't want to use a "loud" gun.

When my bullets don't seem to register and I am dropping with one shot, my usual tactics are to try the following steps;

1) Get sneakier and shoot more people in the back

2) Up the rate of fire and spray more (front or behind the bad guys)

3) Go loud to increase the weapon range

The HB seems to work silenced for anything more than Shotgun/SMG range when other guns don't.  The fact that you can stack so many good attachments on it make it too good not to use.  You don't have to waste an attachment to make up for a deficiency.  The camo challenge for 150 no-attachment kills with the HB is the easiest one in the game.

However, while I have done well with it, it is far from my "best" gun.  If I had only one gun to use for everything, the HB would probably be the best choice, but if I had only one gun to do well with, it would probably be an AK, Remington or SC-2010.

Last Edited: Jan 27, 2014 2:16 PM
                                                  • Test #1

It's not better, really. It's just easy.

And you know what?

Last Edited: Jan 27, 2014 2:22 PM