5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 9:14 AM by Xx67Customs RSS

xbox one deticated servers gone???

scotthome

for the last 2 weeks all i get it host migration games where have they gone???

• Re: xbox one deticated servers gone???
          scotthome

lol over 1k people playing this game mode and it can only find 1 game???

killingfetish

they've been gone awhile now. Since around Christmas I started noticing "finding best host" between matches which proves dedicated servers aren't being used. Until then I never had that happens and never saw a host migration and it ran much more smoothly and gun fights seemed more fair. It's a laggy, host migration nightmare lately. They must have rented the servers for a month and dropped them. They chose to use their own servers not the free ones MS offered

darkrangeresp

I think there are still dedicated servers up and running especially for the new consoles. My experience with the game has been pretty smooth and without many performance issues.  From what I have gathered around the net, the game is played on both dedicated servers and the older style ones where somebody's system serves as the host.  Whether or not you get connected to a dedicated server is dependent on a number of factors.  Most notably among these is your internet connection and your geographical region. 

The dedicated servers are meant to provide the best performance.  However, that really doesn't help if 2 or 3 of the players in a game have a really bad connection and end up dragging the rest down for everybody else. The game tries to match you with players who have similar connections to you and a similar geographical region. If you are too far away from the servers it will likely go with the older style console hosting because you will get better performance out of it.  Also, if your internet connection is sub par, for example if you are using your cell phone as a mobile hotspot.  Then, it will likely put you on an older style server so that you don't lag up the people with better connections.  It's not ideal, but the game has to find a flexible way to operate. 

newm8n

i think what hes getting aat is he was playing on them now hes not.

if my internet connection and location was fine before why isnt it now.

op i have noticed laggy games aswel of late but its not horrible were as before i was amazed at how well it was running but since release of the one, i think i have had only one host migration

Xx67Customs

I still have yet to see a host migration or picking best host, but I did noticedsome lag in the last few days that I had not yet experienced. I dunno. The game does feel slightly different. But, with that being said, it is still the smoothest running CoD I have ever played.