1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 9:51 AM by TheBeastlyDude Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: People playing music!

Yup, I'll mute them as soon as I get the chance. I've yet to hear someone listening to music I like, so meh.

The children screaming in the background for attention also aggravates me and not because of "darn kids!" but more like "pay attention to your damn kids!" Then there's the people who constantly, rudely use racial slurs every time they get killed, but that's probably another discussion.

• 41. Re: People playing music!

Those are automatic mutes, screaming kids, ragers, ect...

• 42. Re: People playing music!
            rlbl

I do not think the spirit of the thread was intended to govern over those who have noise in the background of their houses.

I believe the spirit is directed at those who are obviously playing their music (or singing, or whatever) with the deliberate intent of annoying others in the lobby (mouth breathers as an example are not - always - doing it to be annoying)

Blaring music into the mic could be considered form of trolling.

And to be realistic, the music does have to be playing quite loud in the vicinity of the mic user for the sound to be coming clearly through the mic piece tbh. When my phone rings, my wife decides to talk to me, or I need to go for a leak... I mute my mic (sometimes one can forget).

There are of course, always exceptions to the rule/majority of cases, but if one is listening to music that loudly, they are not really fully communicating with their teammates.

(and as the OP said, yes you can mute them...  but then what is the point of playing with them)

just adding my $0.02 (which is of course, just an opinion)

• 43. Re: People playing music!

I see no need for anyone to play music in a game lobby.... it is very easy if you want your music on then just mute all but friends or party... nobody else has to listen to your music good or bad as it may be.

respect people.

Some people may say well nobody shows me any respect when I am playing a game.

answer to this be the bigger better person you never know it might start to rub off on others.

• 44. Re: People playing music!

The only people that defend this kind of behavior are probably the type of people that drive around neighborhoods at 3am with their systems blaring. "It's my car, if you don't like it go back to sleep".

• 45. Re: People playing music!
                  TheBeastlyDude

OPTIMAL wrote:

The only people that defend this kind of behavior are probably the type of people that drive around neighborhoods at 3am with their systems blaring. "It's my car, if you don't like it go back to sleep".

That's breaking the law in most places and the people in the neighborhood don't have a mute button available to them to mute the person driving around with their system blarring. Listening to music while having a mic on does not break any laws nor does it break any rules.

• 46. Re: People playing music!

The whole point is that these types of people are annoying. Nobody is telling them what to do. It doesn't matter if there is a mute function or not, annoying is annoying.

• 47. Re: People playing music!
                      TheBeastlyDude

Annoying is only an opinion and what some find annoying, others may not. Even if 99.9999% of all people find something annoying, it is still only an opinion and others do not find it annoying.

• 48. Re: People playing music!
                        theroc23

Have you ever been wrong? Certainly never a time on this board. LOL! The obstinance is palpable.

• 49. Re: People playing music!

I don't try to be wrong or right, I just want to see how " The Other Joe's" feel about some of the issue's! I learned in the Marine that the only dumb question is the one that you don't ask! I have had some enjoyment out of this though! Some of the posts are pretty funny!