17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 4:33 AM by OUHATEME RSS

Clan size= wins in Clan wars?

KC_KREW

I am curious to know what size clans out there are running into the number of wins to capture a "node".  A small clan has to capture 7 wins for HCTDM for example, 15 wins for Domination, etc.. Any one care to elaborate your experiences so far? Thanks in advance!

• Re: Clan size= wins in Clan wars?
          OUHATEME

From what I've been seeing and the other clans that I have talked too the amount of wins required to take a node is proportional to you clan size so there is little advantage there. Example if a clans in the range of 45-55 we use 50 members take 150 wins to take tdml and a clan range 7-13 we use 10 members takes 30 wins to take tdm , it comes out to 3 wins per clan member to take the node. Other nodes may come out more or less but same principal .

As a clan of 25 our TDM wins have to be 60, However game modes like S&D have been around 20-22.

The  last 2 Platinum clan wars our squad has had to put in 12-14 hrs per day to keep up with French clans and Euro clans. Thats with more than half of our roster being on at the same time. 

Needless to say numbers dont matter in Clan wars, its the amount of active players you have in your clan. The more inactive players you have in your clan the harder it will be for you to win.

samprotagonist

HigherGaming wrote:

As a clan of 25 our TDM wins have to be 60, However game modes like S&D have been around 20-22.

The  last 2 Platinum clan wars our squad has had to put in 12-14 hrs per day to keep up with French clans and Euro clans. Thats with more than half of our roster being on at the same time.

Needless to say numbers dont matter in Clan wars, its the amount of active players you have in your clan. The more inactive players you have in your clan the harder it will be for you to win.

Exactly right.

While you may get matched against clans with large numbers of inactive players allowing you to stroll through your Clan War, the only way to be competitive at the top level is for all of your members to be active.

Ungrateful_Dead

I couldn't agree more...We have a clan with roughly 50-60 members and we rarely have more than a full 6 man party playing on each of PS3 and PS4.  So for examples sake (these aren't actual stats AFAIK, I believe we have a higher winning percentage in clan wars), if our 2 - 6 person parties win 2 out of 3 games;

12 wins per 10 min match @ 2/3 or 4 of 6 matches = 48 wins/hour - This lets you project what kind of effort you will need to take a node.

This level of production has been sufficient to win gold for us 3 times so far.  2 times we got promoted to platinum and had similar production, but found ourselves being doubled in wins by the first place clans.  We just didn't have the numbers online participating to compete at those levels.

I know that Beachhead has claimed that they go off of clan's record in clan wars and regular play (hours and wins), so inactive players who don't play Ghosts at all may not influence where you are seeded too badly.  However, players that do play Ghosts in any amount and do not do clan wars ARE going to be a liability in this system.

If you want to win at platinum and the new diamond levels, you will need your maximum number of members participating.

EvErLoyaLEagLE

I agree, it's all about who is the most active in your clans. A 30-man clan with all members active could beat a 90-man clan that only has 10 people active. This is what's been happening to all my clan's wars after the 1st one.

KC_KREW

need more input please-bumpity ,bump!

mwfan55

KC_KREW wrote:

need more input please-bumpity ,bump!

I'll give you input. For the first time in clan history, MANY clans are downsizing. Large clan with inactive members will hurt you.

In short, it doesn't matter what the size of your clan is, as long as 90% of them are active you will be fine.

phxs72

This is exactly it.  My clan is doing the same thing.  If you are holding on to inactive members then you are shooting yourself in the foot.  I get applications from guys all the time with less than 10 hours played.  Some with less than 2 hours played and they don't understand why I won't let them join despite their 2+ kd.  This far removed from Christmas, I would think that anything less than 40 hours played is probably not going to be a good candidate and I prefer guys with 75+ hours played.  Granted each clan will decide what they want and who they think is a good investment despite their numbers.  The bottom line is that hours played has become the most critical factor for clan membership.  At least as stats go.  Win percentage is 2nd and kd is 3rd.  You want people with solid numbers in all 3 stats ideally and of course they have to fit in well personality-wise or their stats aren't going to matter.

mwfan55

phxs72 wrote:

I would think that anything less than 40 hours played is probably not going to be a good candidate and I prefer guys with 75+ hours played.  Granted each clan will decide what they want and who they think is a good investment despite their numbers.  The bottom line is that hours played has become the most critical factor for clan membership.  At least as stats go.  Win percentage is 2nd and kd is 3rd.  You want people with solid numbers in all 3 stats ideally and of course they have to fit in well personality-wise or their stats aren't going to matter.

Recruiting to me has turned into a Job interview process LOL

To add to this, I will no longer take anyone less than 25 years of age either.

robrod

Last Platinum clan war, we had 18, we needed 40 wins for TDM. We were in a war with another clan that had 20 members. This time, we removed all inactive players, and brought our roster down to 14. We are still playing with clans that has 16, 18, and 20 people. It looks like that tier is 10-20? Everything is the same as when we had 18 people. So it looks like next time we will be adding a few more active members.

There is no point in just adding random people just because, because you will just be screwing yourself over in the end if they don't play. All 14 of us were playing yesterday at some point or another, so its nice to not have dead weight. The more members, the more wins you need. Don't shoot yourself in the foot just to have more members and look cool!

Quality over quantity.

Ungrateful_Dead

We know that clan size and/or activeness is a determining factor of your placement in clan wars.  We don't know the cut-offs in terms of hours/wins/members, but as robrod pointed out, you can make educated guesses.

Our clan founders have talked it over several times and we are at the point of deleting a huge chunk of our membership rolls.  This includes longtime friends who are not active anymore as well as those who somehow always have something else to do when clan wars is on.  We just cut a couple of 3+ KDR guys who had spotty participation.  They seemed to be in the clan just to play a couple of games per clan war to qualify for the camo (as if we should be grateful that they graced us with their presence as superior players...).

It used to be OK to field huge clans because only the top players scores counted and all members qualified for the double XP bonus you got from the clan hitting certain levels (MW3).  This new clan war system definitely shifts the focus on clans to make them less like friend's lists and more into a group focused strictly on competition.  This might be OK, as long as they fine tune the system so that players don't get burned out on the game.

5 days x 24 hours = 120 hours of competition = too much.  I am not sure that I want to keep putting in 20 hours plus per clan war just to keep up.  I like competition, but it just becomes an annoying marathon grind after awhile and it turns you off on the game.  What they are offering for the diamond division sounds much better, imho.

phxs72

Cutting your size down will help to make the grind a bit more palatable.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  We dropped our clan down from 75 to 45 to get into the 40 to 50 bracket and the smaller nodes took 10 less wins to cap than they did in the 50+ bracket.  That may not sound like much but when you consider having to take a node away from some other clan, that's 20 less wins needed.  So it does add up.  For the next war we are dropping our size down to the 10-20 bracket.  We've been able to compete in all of the brackets that we've played in but it's mostly the same handful of guys that are actively playing the war.  The rest of the guys just played normally and while that did get us some wins it didn't help when we already had that node captured and needed to move on.  I don't know how deeply you would like to cut but I believe that there is a 5 - 9 bracket and a 3 - 5 bracket as well.

KC_KREW

MMy original size clan started at 4 members and was in 7 wins for hctdm, moved up to 18 members and that went 14 wins hctdm and 2o wins Kc,blitz,40 wins TDM. It appears that 10-20 is 2nd tier1-9 is lowest requirement tier for wins to take a node.6-8 active playing members should be able to dominate a clan war if they stay active and monitor the nodes they hold.

phxs72

Thank you for that information.  I've cut my clan down to the 10-20 division just because it's been the same handful of guys doing all the work.  And while we mostly finish in the top 3 in the larger clan size divisions which require 40 wins for the smaller nodes and 70 for the larger ones, I figured that going smaller would let us dominate 1st place in a smaller size division due to the significantly lower wins requirement.  I expect nodes will turn over rather quickly in the smaller divisions but again when you are used to having to get a bare minimum of 80 wins to take a node from somebody, only having to spend 28 wins on the smaller nodes will allow us to pick up twice as many in the same amount of time.