14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 11:34 AM by Fang_1192 RSS

    ghosts is balanced? i think so!

    killermushroomhead

      my playtime is almost 2 days but even so, i havent seen any OP weapons, killstreaks or perks in this game.  I'm impressed considering there are alot of things that could've gone wrong with all the customization and weapons. Everyone is using different types of weapons/setups which is great to see!

       

       

      even the guard dog that people say is OP isnt a big deal to me. 1 shot with a  FP6 shotgun and its lights out riley!

       

      what do you guys think?

        • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!

          seems ok to me..

          • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!
            Izjar11

            killermushroomhead wrote:

             

            my playtime is almost 2 days but even so, i havent seen any OP weapons, killstreaks or perks in this game.  I'm impressed considering there are alot of things that could've gone wrong with all the customization and weapons. Everyone is using different types of weapons/setups which is great to see!

             

             

            even the guard dog that people say is OP isnt a big deal to me. 1 shot with a  FP6 shotgun and its lights out riley!

             

            what do you guys think?

            Yes, this game provides a better experience then previous titles.

             

            No one seems to mention how well the game connects now, no more "lag" comp complaints.

              • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!
                Rexens_View

                Hi guys, not trying to rain on your parade but there are a lot of complaints about lag and OP weapons.

                However they are subjective to users opinions etc.

                IMO I have experienced some pretty bad lag, a lot of "wtf" moments of people seemingly killing you with one shot but you watch the killcam and they fired several shot at you about 1 sec before you even saw them, even though they can see you plain as day.

                There are also many times when you duck behind cover then die, watch the killcam and you were still meters from cover on their screen.

                 

                Dogs are very touch and go in this game, some are incredibly good and some are just terrible, depending on your game.

                  • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!
                    Izjar11

                    Rexens_View wrote:

                     

                    Hi guys, not trying to rain on your parade but there are a lot of complaints about lag and OP weapons.

                    You have to be knew by stating there are a lot of "lag complaints" this is ZERO compared to MW3, BO and BO2.

                    • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!

                      I agree completely with this post. I agree with the OP that the game is very balanced. I don't care whether or not lag issues are worse than BO2 or not. But for me, I always die after things like getting behind cover and only hear 1 shot or even no shots. Also, let hope these spawns get fixed. Just minutes ago there was one time where I was getting shot as SOON AS I SPAWNED. Totally ridiculous. I'm not saying the game isn't balanced though. Well, except for maybe the helicopters. Sometimes they seem to hit me from out of nowhere while I'm taking cover in a building.

                  • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!

                    I only hate the Riot Shield C4 users in S&R because it's abused too much. Other than that this game is prefect.

                    • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!
                      eleven1181

                      TThere's quite a few OP things in this game the snipers for 1 just picked the l115 I think it's called up off the ground and got a 5 man feed its ridiculous how OP the snipers are. The blast shied c4 combo on s and d really needs nerfed also the ak12 and Remington are really OP they are good at close range and superb at long range even better than marksman rifles.

                      • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!
                        erratic_calm

                        The game is fairly balanced. A few things could still be tweaked but it's getting better.

                         

                        I'm glad that the IED got a nerf. I think guard dogs are fine but they're super annoying in free-for-all just due to the density of players.

                         

                        I feel like I can use any AR and do just fine. SMGs and shotguns are better suited towards close quarters maps but they're very usable if you have really good map knowledge, accuracy and reaction time. The sniper rifles aim in a bit too quick but they're find for the most part unless I'm in a quick scoping lobby.

                         

                        I think blast shield could be more effective like flak jacket in BLOPS 2. I don't think it counters danger close which is stupid when amplify semi-counters dead silence.

                        • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!

                          No, it's not balanced. The LMG's have zero recoil and are absolute laser beams.

                          The guard dogs are ridiculously OP. They take over half a mag to kill but they kill you the second they reach you.

                          The time to kill in core modes is broken. 2-3 shots and you're dead. It's absolutely ridiculous.

                          There's no reason to use any sniper rifle but the USR.

                          The marksman rifles are OP. They kill in 2 hit, have a decent ROF, and have laser beam accuracy with little recoil.

                          The IED's are OP. You can barely see them and there's NO POSSIBLE WAY to counter them other than shooting them.

                          Shotguns suck.

                          SATCOM's are useless. There has to be 2-3 of them active for them to be any help at all. When that happens, they're still useless because everybody uses Off the Grid.

                          There's so much more I can list.

                           

                          Ghosts is balanced my butt.

                            • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!

                              Digital_Impulse wrote:

                               

                              No, it's not balanced. The LMG's have zero recoil and are absolute laser beams.

                              The guard dogs are ridiculously OP. They take over half a mag to kill but they kill you the second they reach you.

                              The time to kill in core modes is broken. 2-3 shots and you're dead. It's absolutely ridiculous.

                              There's no reason to use any sniper rifle but the USR.

                              The marksman rifles are OP. They kill in 2 hit, have a decent ROF, and have laser beam accuracy with little recoil.

                              The IED's are OP. You can barely see them and there's NO POSSIBLE WAY to counter them other than shooting them.

                              Shotguns suck.

                              SATCOM's are useless. There has to be 2-3 of them active for them to be any help at all. When that happens, they're still useless because everybody uses Off the Grid.

                               

                              LMGs - They're fine. Slow and unwieldy, make a lot of noise. They need a benefit somewhere.

                               

                              Guard Dog is fine considering it is a streak that is relatively easy to take out.

                               

                              2 to 3 shots is normal when in range. The game has always been like that, the hit detection is just better now.

                               

                              All the sniper rifles perform their role and niche well enough.

                               

                              Marksman rifles aren't OP, they reward accuracy so of course they have power. If you spam them the recoil is noticeable.

                               

                              No possible way to counter IEDs my ass. Blast Shield, Sitrep, not sprinting everywhere, putting a wall between you and the explosive, the riot shield.

                               

                              Shotguns don't suck. They're difficult to use but pretty good in their range.

                               

                              Satcoms aren't useless. You just don't get to chase dots like pacman. Even eyes on works pretty well if you pay attention. You shouldn't be relying on your minimap; it should supplement your awareness not replace it.

                               

                              All I really see is that you don't have the tools, skills or awareness to handle a variety of possible and plausible situations. Maybe you should drop a few perk points and pick up a Secondary, Lethal, and Tactical. I know asking you to adapt is offensive for some reason, but you should try it.

                            • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!
                              jamesbond99

                              I dont think there are too many OP weapons but there are definitely some UP ones. If you add muzzle break to many of the short ranger range ARs essentially they outperform some of the longer range ones in ttk for a quite large range amount.

                               

                              Also shotguns and submachine guns are quite useless. Not only are they basically short range only but their ttks (at least for submachines) are no better than some ARs in the game. I think thats a problem.

                              • Re: ghosts is balanced? i think so!

                                Seems balanced to me, apart from the low HP we all have!