28 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 5:15 PM by ric167 RSS

[DISCUSS] the new Update

This is a simple thread to see how you DISCUSS your overall satisfaction or extreme dissatisfaction to the new COD update.

Please [PROVIDE EXAMPLES IN DETAIL]. And feel free to give a rating of 1 to 10. 1=low    10=high  satisfaction

• Re: Rate the new Update

I would give it a 7/10.

Heavy Duty is out

Dead Silence Buff

Attempt at spawn improvement

IED tweak

Hunted is still in the game

AK "nerf" did nothing.

Sniper "nerf" did nothing.

Clan vs Clan with Esports rules is miserable. No desire to play the game without killstreaks. MLG = irrelevant. Needs to stay in Private Match.

IED tweak really won't have the affect people are expecting.

Its a significant patch that will have a lot of effects on the game, some positive, some not so much.

Thanks for your honest feedback. I hope this thread will be seen as somewhat of a foundation of information to be referenced to help in future updates.

The count down has gone, no idea if its a good thing, but I liked it, even a ready steady go would be nice.

I like gun game, so will be playing that, haven't noticed any real changes TBH.

One thing I have noticed is I have the new gun on my gun list, but I don't have the DLC, I would be mighty pissed if everyone got the gun eve without the DLC, and I had bought the DLC, good job I haven't bought the DLC.

The spawns certainly haven't been fix so I would say a 5.

• Re: [DISCUSS] the new Update

NoLifeKing32 wrote:

IED tweak really won't have the affect people are expecting.

what do you mean by this?

People expect the IEDS to be nerfed (I am not one of them) and this was not a nerf. It simply is another way for people to avoid them, so now they have their eyes, Sitrep, blast shield, sprinting through them, jumping, and/or laying prone. Yesterday I was on a quest to find the Maverick laying on the ground, but on some maps, I didn't alter my playstyle. Overlord and Octane are still bad maps that I don't move around on. So all I did was alter how I placed my IED. Instead of tossing it on the ground, I placed it on a rock, or halfway up the wall. This took no additional effort from me other than remembering to do it. Yesterday I think I got around 10 IED kills and only 2 hitmarkers, and those two people ran into my Grach. Rest assured, it will not take long for people to be whining about IEDs again.

I personally give it a 1 because it made me not want to play anymore. Simply put thats as bad as an update can get.

exactly dude. I'm a long time cod player and I know what to expect in matches. but i just can't seem to kill people as frequently anymore. I play a lot of TDM rank 42 all time but I swear I'm getting whooped by beginners now. I'm barely going positive or just neg 1. its like my reflexes are off I'm loosing more gun fights than usual. lag is crazy. frame rate drops randomly. I know 5ghz WiFi isnt the best idea, but my connection had been excellent prior to the up date, considering I'm on WiFi. its like every one knows what I'm gonna do before I do it now. I've tried perk combos dead ,silence ,amplify you name it. switching routes, but people are some how just one step ahead of me now. I keep thinking I'm just being sound whored but I really don't know anymore. something is just off. update rating =1

I rate it a 1, compete and utter botched job! map are nice but they are unplayable because of lagging and framerate issues!

Also the older maps suffer from this too!

I wont be playing till they fix this and am going to make a support ticket to be compensated.

What bugs me the most is that Activision or MS arent responding or saying they are on it. It is completly unplayable as it is! My X360 runs smoother that my Xbox One now!

It sounds like its your connection I've had Zero problems with lag or Framrate

No way,

Its the update!

I have a 100/100 Mbit up and down Fiberoptic connection.

Worked fine before. Only thing that changed is the update...

Also its even worse when standing next to a fire or after a map event took place.

Looks like the XBox cannot handle the game anymore...

I agree with RAYMANKAPEENS, the update or DLC did SOMETHING that has drastically effected performance. until this update I had no real issues outside of the very occasional lag spike. Now every other game is so bad you see other players skipping around the map and shots that are center mass don't register, but shots that are not even on target seem to get one hit kills. If I switch to another game like battlefield, no lag/performance issues (of course BF has it's own set of problems)

If performance continues to suffer like this, I simply won't be playing anymore. not because I don't want to, but because I cant.

would be higher if more modes were added to Hardcore

would rate as a 12/10 If the Kinect could detect a cheater and take there picture

I give it a 1 too... just horribly done!  Once again the real issues with this game are ignored!!!

1.  Fix the respawn issue before anything else!!!!!  the game is absolutely no fun when you respawn next to the enemy and get killed immediately afterwards only to have it happen again!!!!  I also do not get the programmers having the respawn to occur within "x" number of feet from your last death spot... which seems to be how its setup...  take cues from a far superior game - "Gears of War", they actually know how to setup respawn zones!!!

2.  Fix the pairing system for games so that people with similar latency scores are matched!!!  Again "Gears of War" actually knew to address this on their game so the players enjoyed the game!!!  I am fed up with either people phase shifting around the screen because their connection is horrible or playing against much higher speed connections (typically at Universities) having huge advantages on other players!!!  You see it in the kill cams constantly... in game you were shooting your opponent and then on the playback - you are not even pointing at them...

3.  Restrict Clans from competing in the "Standard" games... not everyone playing this game enjoys playing against these over competitive people!!!!  if they want to play that way then make them stay in the hardcore games... or maybe a single clan person per clan in a standard room.  They are generally ruining the game for those that are playing for fun vs rankings!!!!!  the only reason clans play in the standard rooms is to pad their rankings!!!!!

Until these real fixes are done I will not be spending a dime more on this game!!!!  And will definitely not purchase the season pass... that I was interested in until playing the game with the above major flaws!

1, awful fps on every map now, some maps seem unplayable. its not lag either, it literally feels like the system is struggling to run the game

6. New maps in squads would be better for me and my kids.

Had to change this to a DISCUSSION thread. Thankfully most people are adding their thoughts and reasoning, but please remember that this is a discussion forum and threads that use a numeric rating system do not meet the content threshold for discussion.

Carry On.

Claire JeepChick | Forum Moderator: Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts
                                        Questions/Concerns/Quibbles/Comments? Send me a PM

Is there something wrong with numeric descriptions to voice opinion of satisfaction. If so then I ask why do they use this form of Q and A in all surveys?  I suppose you could say this discussion forum is not a survey website, but numbers usually will come with explanations anyway. Numbers are just another way to voice an opinion, and thats what this thread was for.  Thanks for changing my question and content though, it has stirred a few more people into participating.

Numeric responses do not promote discussion (as a stand alone reply). It is considered spam (similar to petitions or +1 style posts) and not the format our forum is geared towards. Numbers with an explanation - all good. Numbers alone - not okay. It was because of other people's extended explanations that I modified the thread instead of closing/removing it.

Your heart was in the right place. Kudos for that.

I thought if a moderator came into a discussion it would be to tell us that they are sorting the problems. . . but no, were just not playing fair with the rules.

Does opening a support ticket actually get you anywhere as far as refunds go?

I give this a 0, pointless sniper nerf that they were too scared to announce in the update notes. Removal of countdown timer feels like a coding error rather than intent, "Fixed spawns" that are pretty much the same as ever. Private match where I can have 12 players yet my friend can have 18 that said it was fixed but isn't. This update seems to have caused more problems than it fixed. . . Kinda funny how updates are supposed to make games play better, but with cod updates seem to make it worse.

To clarify: Moderators are responsible for the forums. We do not have any control over in game content. We are not Support and cannot speak for Support. So I wouldn't be the person to come into a thread and tell you if problems were being addressed. If you are having issues with the game, please contact Support directly.

The update did address some issues but the game does seem to be running a bit ruffer than before.  The biggest thing I think needs fixed ASAP is the countdown timer at the start of a match.  Please bring it back.  I paid attention last night and I averaged getting into matches from 13-19 seconds into the match.  This is a huge disadvantage when others have a 13-19 second head start in positioning themselves around the map.  Plus you have like zero time to select a load out or you lose more time.  Please bring it back as soon as possible.

I played a few games last night, and the first two games had no countdown timer and put me in the game with 10-12 seconds off the game timer.  After I finished the second game, COD kicked me out of the lobby, and downloaded a playlist update.  Every game after the playlist update had the original countdown timer.

This morning seems to be having a mixture of both (no timer, and original timer). 

i give it a 1 like everyone else this is the worst update i don't have the dlc and thank god i didn't pay for that. but still the update broke everything that worked from sniping to simply gun and running. almost every class I had made its useless now had to remake them to make them useful. my kd suffer all day long went from 1.75 to around 1.56 just horrible can't win gun fights.theres lag as if we are back to p2p connection and is it me or is everyone camping more as of late trying to cope with the update. i did notice though that the maverick assault riffle is op. idk if they did that because its a dlc weapon they had to make it the strongest. i picked up the weapon from people I've kill and let me tell you when i have that weapon i usually get a juggernaut before i run out of ammo. the sniper is ok one shot kill from almost everywhere can't deal with the scope though.

hooray the countdown timer is back, goes to show they can get something right, and it only took like 3 days

Great to have the countdown timer to start things off.

Personally, as a big fan of League Play and the competitive side of CoD, I give this update a 8/10. Sure, spawn things weren't fixed as much as they should have been, but I think this is a step in the right direction. They needed to do something with clan wars because it just wasn't what I should be. Some people can't get 4 people on all the time to play, but I've seen an immense improvement in the number of players playing in the Clan Wars playlist now. I really enjoy it myself because one, I still get to rank up everything, and two, I find it a lot more competitive than just going around in public matches where it's all about camping and grabbing kill streaks, especially on maps that are either too big or messed up spawns. It really tests your reaction time and gun skill.

I haven't noticed any kind of having to change my play though since the update, even in public matches. I still run and gun mostly. And I agree, the maverick is OP and with a silencer, even worse.

I would rate this update a 3/10 and here's why.

I'm starting out at a halfway point of 6 (rounding up) and adjusting based on my own observations.

-2. No hardcore support. The new maps aren't available in the normal hardcore rotation. My friends and I play Hardcore TDM almost exclusively. We went out, bought the download, installed it, and 3 days later, we have yet to play a new map. Why go out and spend money on an update we aren't going to be able to use?

-1. There are very few Hardcore modes available compared to Core modes. I don't like the feel of Core, having to pump a whole clip into someone while they rush and knife me. I don't like having a radar constantly telling me where people are. It takes the challenge out of the game. Why not apply the hardcore template to other modes and let the players tell you which ones they want? We would branch out to other game types if we simply had the option? You have failed to provide options to the people that have paid money to your company for a good product.

-1. The maps. I'm not sure how good the maps are because they aren't in the hardcore rotation. The simple fact that they aren't makes me rate the update that put them in there lower.

-1. There seems to be a framerate and/or lag issue, reducing overall playability.

+2. The new guns are nice, adding a variety to the game. Thanks for this. I would definitely suggest opening up the lines of guns to include an EFFECTIVE shotgun with decent range, SMG's and LMG's. Good job.

As it is now, we're all going to get Titanfall and try that instead of a game that doesn't give us what we want.

I give the new update a 1 because it really hasn't addressed the cheaters that r out there running around with aim bots, partial and or full god mode I have even seen a super speeding sniper out run me in while I have only a knife...Really hate the spawns....spawning in front of enemies so NOT cool....