11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 5:19 AM by ghamorra RSS

Attn: People hating on remade map variants.

dayoldtamales

You all seem to forget one thing. One crucial thing that renders your arguments totally invalid in the eyes of Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Activision, and really any developer/publisher that sells remakes.

We live in an economy based off of the supply and demand principle. If people want it, producers supply it. Some people don't want it, so they don't buy it. But some people do, so they buy it, the producers make money, and the world keeps on spinning. If you don't want remakes, don't buy the map packs. Pure and simple. You can hate and complain all you want but it won't change the fact that other people may want remakes, and as long as they do, and they buy them, we will continue to see them in the future. Scrapyard isn't my favorite, but I'm glad to have it back. I would also maybe like to see the return of Pipeline, Bloc, Downpour, Skidrow, or Highrise, just to name a few. If other people agree they want remakes, we get remakes. Because money makes the world go round.

Besides that, the pack costs $15, and you get two weapons, four new maps (I count Ignition as somewhat new due to the minor changes incorporated with underground tunnels and dynamic elements), and a great new Extinction experience. Even without Ignition, the other features alone would be well worth $15, even though Bayview is pure assmilk. If any of you that are complaining purchased the season pass and only pay $10 instead, then there's no helping you.

Think about it. Appreciate what you have the opportunity to purchase and enjoy. Some people don't even have a gaming console. Or food. Or legs.

/thread

• Re: Attn: People hating on remade map variants.
          ChestSplittah

Actually it isn't the end of thread.

The day that they allow us to buy each map separately is the day they are allowing people to get what they pay for. Looping something (that I bought years ago, and that I can turn on right now and play isn't)... into a map pack to resell again isn't the same as.. "Buy what you want"...

See what i did there? I made a scenario of choice. Something they actually haven't. They gave choice to buy camos, and etc separately.. So they have the choice to "Buy the maps that you want, YOU don't have to buy this map that you bought 4 years ago".

The same goes with Zombies and this whatever it is. I want a option not to stuff my HDD with filth I do not need nor want. It is all about numbers. By looping all this crap together, they can say they sold x amount of crap whether the person wanted it or not.

dayoldtamales

But you still buy it even though it has elements you dislike yes? Like the entire game itself. People hate so much on Ghosts, but they bought it.

Poppa-Ghosts

Call of Duty: Ghosts Passes $1.05 Billion in Sales for Activision.

Profit is good.  Greed is good.

The problem that most people see is when you are dealing with numbers this large is something in marketing called "Expectations Management".

Example- you have a problem with your AMEX account,  You call their customer service phone bank.  The representative says the problem will take at least twenty four hours to fix; but they will do their best to solve the problem asap.  Two hours later, AMEX calls you back and says the problem has been resolved.  You are happy.  Now AMEX knows behind the scenes that at most the problem takes ten minutes to ACTUALLY resolve so giving the customer a twenty four hour fix estimate is overkill to the extreme.  If AMEX initially told the customer ten minutes, but it took two hours to resolve the customer would be unhappy.

This is the problem that GHOSTS presented - expectations WERE and ARE so high based on the previous COD titles $$$$ that it would be impossible for them not to come up short of customers' expectations.

The a la carte argument has been in effect for cable television packages since their inception - - - that's why I have to forward over 400 channels that I'll never watch to get to the several that I actually enjoy.

And finish all the brussel sprouts on your plate, there are starving children in China - - - -

dayoldtamales

What was the point of all of that? All that was really necessary was the last couple sentences.

Poppa-Ghosts

Just pointing out that they failed to manage the expectations everyone formed on the Ghosts DLCs.

If they had said from the beginning (prior to their release) that they would introduce three new maps PLUS one previous fan favorite map from previous iterations of COD for each DLC then they could have forgone the critics statements saying that players were not getting what they paid for.   The perceptions were that with the amount of money that Activision was making that they would be creating ALL new maps - even possible variations of the campaign maps based underwater and in space for each DLC release.

gotsomestars

Eh it can go both ways really. Its been argued to death so I won't waste everyone's time writing out the reasons why people don't want to pay for something they already paid for once.

dtuchpunk

Like chest said. ?When you can buy the maps you like than your argument is valid.

Think a lot of people would not buy the renewed maps.

Highwayman0226

When I bought the season pass for BO2, I didn't know I was going to be getting 4 old maps as dlc.  That's 25% of the "new" multiplayer maps.  Hearing all the chatter about remade maps steered me away from the season pass this time.  DLC is what keeps a game fresh for the whole year.  Playing on maps that I've already played countless times doesn't really cut it for me.  If others enjoy them, great!  I personally just view it as laziness on the developers part.

maccabi

dayoldtamales wrote:

We live in an economy based off of the supply and demand principle. If people want it, producers supply it.

Good point, and while i enjoyed scrapyard in mw2 I did not ask for it to be remade, in fact i did not see anywhere a massive campaign or flurry of requests for it to be remade. ,Yes people ask for old maps all the time, mostly as they have fond memories of the maps and know sight lines or good spots to rack up kills ect.

i have the dlc as far as im concerned i got it for three new mp maps and a meh its scrapyard again map (i didnt play extinction or zombies for that matter)

Im not doubting there is a demand to play older maps again, and if we must have them added into dlc (which many of us do not like btw) surely actually asking the community to vote on which maps would've been better and more in keeping wih your supply and demand point?

ghamorra

dayoldtamales wrote:

We live in an economy based off of the supply and demand principle. If people want it, producers supply it.

Where have people been saying "hey I want a map that's 99% the same as the other map that sucked from another game I paid for"?

From what I see there's a huge portion of this community that's been hating on the developers for supplying us with hand-me-down maps for the last 4 years and they keep doing it. There is no demand but they keep supplying us. So it's only fair we keep hating.

Izjar11

You all seem to forget one thing. One crucial thing that renders your arguments totally invalid in the eyes of Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Activision, and really any developer/publisher that sells remakes.

Like many things, with enough voices shouting a thing out asking them not to continue this re-skinned map thing is only normal.

We live in an economy based off of the supply and demand principle. If people want it, producers supply it. Some people don't want it, so they don't buy it. But some people do, so they buy it, the producers make money, and the world keeps on spinning. If you don't want remakes, don't buy the map packs. Pure and simple. You can hate and complain all you want but it won't change the fact that other people may want remakes, and as long as they do, and they buy them, we will continue to see them in the future. Scrapyard isn't my favorite, but I'm glad to have it back. I would also maybe like to see the return of Pipeline, Bloc, Downpour, Skidrow, or Highrise, just to name a few. If other people agree they want remakes, we get remakes. Because money makes the world go round.

absolutely, supply and demand is how this world turns. But as consumers selling us the same maps is well, not cool anymore. Thats all thats said, I dont "hate" the old maps I just want NEW ones.

Besides that, the pack costs $15, and you get two weapons, four new maps (I count Ignition as somewhat new due to the minor changes incorporated with underground tunnels and dynamic elements), and a great new Extinction experience. Even without Ignition, the other features alone would be well worth $15, even though Bayview is pure assmilk. If any of you that are complaining purchased the season pass and only pay $10 instead, then there's no helping you.

The value is not debated, nor questioned: You are missing the point. NEW THINGS not old looking new. NEW, NEW NEW.

Think about it. Appreciate what you have the opportunity to purchase and enjoy. Some people don't even have a gaming console. Or food. Or legs.

/thread

The fact that you have access to a computer went to school to learn should be considered even higher in appreciation, this final sentence doesn't make sense towards purpose of requesting them to STOP giving us OLD MAPS!