27 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 8:05 AM by dustycrow RSS

a decent overview on nightfall

ill make a list of things ive seen others complaining about and add my own input on everything.

1. not enough money.

2. aliens over powered.

3. challenges to hard.

4. nerfed sentires

my issues:

1. lag.

2. putting me in same lobbys i back out of 4/5 times in a row only to put me into there game thats started

so lets start off with the money. i complained of this at first to but thats back when i did everything i could to survive but when you go on the offensive you will have max cash nonstop unless u place sentries nonstop as for that watch ur guns  back so it doesnt get killed.

aliens being over powered? dude they give you fulled customized guns. the mr-28 has no recoil and is a 1 shot kill to scouts 2/3 shot kill on hunters and scorpions and only flaw is on bigger things it sucks. and u can put a burst fire on it! lsat/chainsaw demolish and with how many searches u get u find lots and lots of stuff to put on them. work as a team on the rhino's and phantoms and if someone is getting there ass kicked hey you can turn around and help them or call for help.

challenges are tough but on poc it was way to easy. there a CHALLENGE for a reason.

the sentry did get nerfed yet when you fully upgrade them it works same as it did in poc. and ya know what good they were over powered. if ur running them u should fully upgrade it anyhow not just a lil

lag? pssh its a given it always has been new maps working out bugs like when game first came out

same lobby? i get it they need people to and i can easily back out for 50000th time but still annoying.

all in all id recommend this map if you like a game to play if not go ahead and afk behind your sentries in poc

dustycrow
        • Test #1
          Re: a decent overview on nightfall

I couldn't wait, I just had to read the spoilers, your has been the most positive so far, thanks!

Last Edited: Jan 30, 2014 4:56 AM
          • Test #1

ya everyones been giving bad reviews but ive found the map perfect so figured id throw in a outlook

Last Edited: Jan 30, 2014 6:17 AM
            • Test #1

I couldn't agree more lol

Nightfall certainly is more of a challenge and it requires lots of strategy and teamwork to succeed.

Looking back at POC it makes me laugh! It simply was just a warm-up haha

FYI Two escapes so far on this map with only 5 plays made...At least I know what is to be expected of the map now ;D As that was my only concern

Last Edited: Jan 31, 2014 6:13 AM
              • Test #1

I felt the same on first fee play throughs but I unlearned what I did from the first and you need nee strategies. I actually lije the challenge and you use equipment you never did begore lije manual turrets and vulture . Still wish the money thing could be up just a tad but fine with everything else.

Last Edited: Jan 31, 2014 7:36 PM
                • Test #1

In my opinion, everything is balanced now (but still the Aliens have the upper hand at the moment) i think the challenges are hard! I completed Nightfall Completionist yesterday but we got ******* lucky.

Because there are some hard ones!

1. Kill the Phanton while he's jumping.

2. Kill 10 Aliens without (the whole team) taking damage (also from things that are not Aliens).

3. Kill 10 Seekers before they explode (and then only 6 will spawn).

4. Any random weapon challenge in the last area...

Last Edited: Feb 1, 2014 1:14 AM
                  • Test #1

Not enough money? I Agree to an extent. I mean, in Point of Contact money was way to over abundant. In Nightfall, it's too little. Though I think Nightfall was more of a step in the right direction in this aspect.

Cryptids*   being too hard? No, not really. They were too easy in Point of Contact. The only Cryptid that I though needed some balancing were Scorpions. Also, the challenges are really easy if your team coordinates well. Sentries aren't nerfed either. I don't get why people are complaining about these.

The only issues I'm having is yes where you back out and re-join the exact lobby you just left (seems like there are too little people playing Extinction), mild lag, scorpions, and some bugs. I really love nightfall, I'm very hyped about the next map. I hope the end of the epilogue intel teased at what the next boss will be. 

Last Edited: Feb 1, 2014 1:38 PM
                    • Test #1

From a solo player, this map is way too hard. It's really fun up until the last few hives of the second section, then it becomes nearly impossible. I've tweeked loadouts so many times and had almost perfect games as far as hitting every challenge, not downing, and still get overrun in seconds. Through traps, sentries, and armor. Co-op is a lot easier but I prefer solo and wish it was balanced  little more. I've only made it to the third section once out of 40 or so games. That was probably because of luck regarding rhino spawns. I'd be suprised if anyone thinks a solo victory is easy on nightfall and would tell them to run relics if so and see if that satisfies them.

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 11:41 AM
                      • Test #1

The problem  with the sentry turrets is there are so many damn hunters in this map, and the facility is just too small an area for them. I've switched over to the vulture or you could use IMS I suppose.

Last Edited: Feb 2, 2014 1:48 PM