25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2014 9:38 AM by rankismet RSS

vent on in game trash

Ok, this is fresh in my mind because I witnessed it a few times last night.

I know most people agree with this AND I know some of you all are guilty of
      it (myself included though I try not to) BUT i really get tired of the bully
      talk in game. I am not talking about the 'one upsmanship' and stuff like that.
      I am type A and former athlete plus served in the military. SO I am not above
      drinking beer and being an A hole guy. BUT I will say I DO NOT like hearing
      people bully other players. I was in a HC Dom match last night where I heard
      some idiots constantly berating a guy because he wasnt capturing enough points.
      He wasn’t camping or anything, he just wasn’t very good. And it was SO
      personal. It wasn’t your normal ‘I did your mom’ crap. It was making fun of his
      stutter and stuff like that. Honestly, if I could have gotten my hands around
      their necks I have no doubt they would never have done that again.

• Re: vent on in game trash
          gypsyfrogking

i so agree with you every game i play i play a different style from running to sniping and im sick of getting messages off idiots after the games over just because they cant handle getting beat

I play DOM almost exclusively. And I admit on certain maps I snipe because they are designed poorly. trying to cap B on warhawk or Freight is a deathwish!

But on strikezone I get 6-9 caps each game. I get some of those after game messages. I just delete them. If I pissed you off enough to make you take time to send me a message i did something right. But just to harrass a guy for being bad and making it personnal pisses me off! I cant change the fact that there are bullys out there BUT at least in real life I can make it come with a cost to them.

Highwayman0226

To me, your team only has two captures total in a perfect Dom game.  You took two objectives off the go and never lost them.

rankismet

Highwayman0226 wrote:

To me, your team only has two captures total in a perfect Dom game.  You took two objectives off the go and never lost them.

You forgot zero defends...

... shoot them before they are even in a position to cap the points.

ghamorra

rankismet wrote:

Highwayman0226 wrote:

You forgot zero defends...

... shoot them before they are even in a position to cap the points.

Hence stats are pointless. He's not on here anymore, but there was a member of this forum who insisted that he was more of an objective player than me because he average more than 6 caps a game. He eluded that even 6 caps a game was not good enough.

I told him that I only averaged, at most 4 because when I capped a flag I kept that flag. Apparently to him you're not suppose to do that. You go after every flag and never stop. This is a terrible idea of how DOM should be played and it hurts your team in so many ways. I cap a flag, I defend that flag, and I stay alive. What more can you ask for out of a DOM player?

Well it really is a stupid point anyway. IF Im running to capture something, it's nice to know I have a sniper behind me clearing my path. And possibly even taking out snipers on the other team.

Dom and Blitz are not single team games. Meaning all offense or all defense. Half the team needs to cap and a few need to clear the way.

My complaint only comes when people try and capture All points forcing spawn points to be random.

I hate that too. Usually I put myself in the middle (or try to) just because no matter what is said to me.. I just would never care. But when it's someone else it drives me nuts.

I've heard a lot of gripes with how MS is stepping up their 'rules of conduct' enforcement on X1. Friends of mine have gotten warning emails 'in regards to obsessive use of profanity and unbecoming conduct' and think it's absurd. Personally, I don't think there is an 'okay' place for any type of harassment and therefore should come with a zero tolerance policy.. you harass.. you get bans (temp/perm).

Izjar11

your absolutely right that this shouldn't be happening, but there is a "mute" option for people to avoid hearing / listening and speaking to others. There is also a report function for "language or profanity"

Highwayman0226

I play with friends of friends sometimes, but I refuse to play with them anymore.  They act like the guys you described.  A couple was playing one night, and they just went off on the girl for no reason.  Here a guy and girl are trying to have fun together and they have to deal with these guys being idiots.

ghamorra

I'm usually a low key a-hole when I am. Sometimes I get in a mood where I'm bored and want to BS around and act stupid anonymously online. However, once someone starts with the cussing and harsh language I can get pretty mean. I could careless what others say and more often then not I just mute them, but there's a point where I'm just in that mood to fight back when they push the right buttons.

This is online world we live in though so unfortunately we just have to deal with it.

rankismet

KC135R wrote:

Ok, this is fresh in my mind because I witnessed it a few times last night.

I know most people agree with this AND I know some of you all are guilty of
                              it (myself included though I try not to) BUT i really get tired of the bully
                              talk in game. I am not talking about the 'one upsmanship' and stuff like that.
                              I am type A and former athlete plus served in the military. SO I am not above
                              drinking beer and being an A hole guy. BUT I will say I DO NOT like hearing
                              people bully other players. I was in a HC Dom match last night where I heard
                              some idiots constantly berating a guy because he wasnt capturing enough points.
                              He wasn’t camping or anything, he just wasn’t very good. And it was SO
                              personal. It wasn’t your normal ‘I did your mom’ crap. It was making fun of his
                              stutter and stuff like that. Honestly, if I could have gotten my hands around
                              their necks I have no doubt they would never have done that again.

That's the anonymity of the internet for you.

But serious question... did you stick up for the guy and say anything to the asshats?

When you recognize a problem and sit on the sidelines... you become part of the problem.

I agree completely, usually i reference Ron White and basically tell them next time they have a thought they want to share, dont.

As for last night I was able to bully the bully. I had better stats than the guy making fun of him so I just pointed out that to me HE was the one that sucked.

And again, it's the personnal bullying that I cant stand. I know some folks want to censor everyone, to me that stuff just rolls off of me.

rankismet

Same here...

... there isn't a single thing some guy on XBL can say to me that will affect me at all.

I have fun with it.

I've acted like I was crying over it.

I go to my ignorant redneck persona.

I've even done Mexican barrio wanna be gangster.

But I've told off people aren't talking trash but really trying to be complete jerkwads... they leave him alone and start yelling at me but I'm the honeybadger. Honeybadger don't give a...

... I won't use the word, Foxy.

Tygrastic1

Agreed.  We have all had our D-bag moments.

The big change for me happened back during the MW3 era.  *Disclaimer, not trying to flex the epeen, just painting a picture of my Douchery.  In the group of friends I play with, I am the top dog and if I was having an off game, we would lose.  I joked that my copy of MW3 came with the "Backpack perk" where I had to carry everyone else on my team.  This happened shortly after getting my 3rd MOAB before X-mas.  We were playing some form of an objective mode, I think it was Dom and I was grouped with three of my friends so we had some randoms.  There was your normal banter back and forth and the lobby got fairly heated since the games were getting closer and closer.  I finally got paired with what could have been my trash-talking arch-nemesis at the time.  It got worse and VERY personal.  I pushed it too far and they left.

Next day, I received a message from that person offering an apology.  That person elaborated a little bit on what had transpired in their life (this wasn't the typical my mom died when I was little trolling) and that what I had said really bothered them.  They also said what they said to me affected their ability to sleep last night.  I received a message from his friend he was grouped with asking if I would accept the apology since his buddy was pretty 'shook up' over everything.  We exchanged messages for a few days, accepted apologies and moved on (didn't exchange friend requests).  This has always stuck with me and since then I have never taken it to the personal level since- being anonymous or not.  I am much more respectful now days and the mute button works wonders.

TheDarkOne123

That's the price of internet and being anonymous scum bags ruin it because they know there are no consequences for online harassment unless the person knows them.

gypsyfrogking

i just had a game and i was playing on the map with the gas station i was up across from the strip joint when a member of my own team kept shooting at me and blocking my view and on the headset he says i cant allow campers he ended up getting us both killed then i moved to top of the diner and again hes there in front of me jumping up and down saying no camping, i told him to clear off and im playing my style of play for this map,i told the try hard if he wants to run around from one side of the map to the other then back again so be it ( a tactic invented by forrest gump for passing the time ) i then told him i hope hes on the opposite team for the next match so i can practice shooting from a fixed location ( this guy took headless chicken to a whole new level he actually chickened out and left before next game) why are people like this cant they just enjoy the game and let people play how they want to play, i like to snipe and i admit i like nothing better than sitting back taking it easy with a sniper rifle and a bit of camping and im sorry for using the try hard and headless chicken references but im sick of these self appointed glory boys thinking they have the right to preach about how others play, i almost fell off my seat laughing the other day some guy was crying about a camper and giving him a hard time a voice came back over the headset of a young lad who sounded about 11 years old his exact words where ( go f*** yourself ) you couldnt hear the gun fire for the laughter, anyways in the famous words of forrest gump THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT

yeah and I understand how/why some people take it serious. There are people that do put a lot of effort into games but there's a fine line of being serious and going over the top and trying to force your own will.Thank god for the mute button!

nicedrewishfela

It baffles me, too. Not sure what people's issues are. Maybe they had(or are having) a bad childhood? Maybe they are frustrated from work? Problems at home? Or maybe CoD is just their way of letting off some steam and they are a Choir Boy in their every day life... who knows.

Pretty sure a lot of it has to do with Anonymity... people can get away with it, with little to no repercussions.

The thing is, and people will think I am crazy for saying it... I have found just as many amazing and kind people on line. Sure, they'll curse and spit and yell in game, but once they are back in the lobby, they are just as nice as can be. The nasty folks just tend to be louder.

I agree, actually I do come across more good people than bad. Honestly the bad are usually playing in a group or a clan and there is one guy that's just a Dbag that has to be a jerk to impress his friends. In real life I would just smack him. Have found out usually those are the guys that their friends dont come running to their aid because they really don't like hime either, they are just too scared to stand up to him and risk being the object of his attacks.

As for what someone else wrote saying people getting in the way makes them mad.I hate when people step in front of me too but I am mature enough to understand there are only so many specific lines of sight. They are designed to be the same place people run so more than likely you will be infront of a teammate. Plus there is NO Peripheral vision in the game so it is really hard to know where you are in relation to team mates.

YummyYummYum

Haha, i tend to have a lot of fun with people like that.First i'll tell them that i love the sound of their voice, and then ask them to keep talking because it get's me all fuzzy and warm.I'm sure you can figure out the rest.I usually do it they are messing with someone and by doing so the attention gets focused completely on me lolz.

Some people are simply unable to stand up for themselves, and if ya just grab the D-bag's attention away from whoever was being harassed it makes it easy to pick on the bully.Though i found out most of the D-bag's are homophobic and i take advantage of that.They either call me every possible thing they can think of to be an insult or stop talking.Then i simply go about saying their abuse towards me is excellent and please abuse me more.They usually rage and leave.

It's whatever in the end.Essentially your goal is to troll them in the most efficient way possible.No matter the cause, since it's the effect that matter's.

Gotten many thank you messages by doing so from the ones getting bullied haha.Quite a few hate messages from the bullies as well lol.Which are simply avoided,blocked, and forgotten.In that order.

jeepchick

I seriously thought this was going to be about all the flotsam and jetsom floating about on the maps. Like actual trash. I am Disappoint.

Ha! Sorry BUT I do agree and know what you mean. I hate crap thrown in just to make it 'seem' more realistic. Bugs and paper and freakin pollen or dust floating by. Some maps have bricks constantly falling but they magically don't pile up or hit anything. It is lame.

Another thing I hate is when they throw in weather elements to make something hard to over compensate for a poor map design. Shining the sun in my eyes just because the map sucks doesnt magically fix everything. It is a game, I dont have to see sun spots to make it feel more realistic.

rankismet

jeepchick wrote:

I seriously thought this was going to be about all the flotsam and jetsom floating about on the maps. Like actual trash. I am Disappoint.

You said flotsam.

Why I find that funny... i have no idea.

admunday

I've reported a lot of people in game, just no need for it.  I don't care about the odd swear word uttered in frustrated outbursts, but no need to get personal or attack other players.

I've also started reporting people to MS who take the time to send me certain types of messages after being defeated.  Everyone has to agree to the code of conduct to play XBlive stuff, nothing more stupid than sending a message via xblive servers breaching that!