28 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 11:09 AM by SirDiesAlot62 RSS

L115 overnerfed

First of all, I’m not one of those QS kids, so save your QS related insults for someone else. You will achieve nothing even if you try. 

Anyways, I think the latest change to L115, specifically the damage reduction to silenced L115 isn’t necessary. The reason for this argument is that L115 doesn’t have any advantage over other sniper rifles when silencer attachment is used. Assuming all silenced sniper rifles score OHK from chest and above,

USR has the highest mobility

Lynx has infinite range like USR & L115, and it’s semi-automatic

VKS has the highest fire rate, but it doesn’t have infinite range

L115 has same damage/range as USR & Lynx, and it has the lowest fire rate and the smallest mag

As you can see, USR, Lynx, and VKS are unique on their own ways, but L115 excels at nothing when combined with silencer. The damage nerf to silenced L115 needs to be reverted, so that it can retain its identity as the highest damage sniper rifle with the lowest fire rate.

• Re: L115 overnerfed

Don't use a silencer. Problem solved.

Typical response from a player who couldn't care less about guns that they don't use/like. I think you wouldn't feel the same had this patch nerfed your favorite attachment on your favorite gun class.

I think he's not complaining about how bad he is with this silenced sniper, but rather pointing out the unbalance this unneeded nerf created. Altervalence, I agree and think you should take this to IW via Twitter.

NoLifeKing32

I'm not seeing in the patch notes that there was a silencer nerf? There definitely hasn't been one to the USR, and there needs to be.

poisonvein7

its not completely typed out in the patch notes. it just kind of summarized it. if you go to the upcoming changes thread it has more detail on what those "summarized" changes to the snipers were.

the sniper with a suppressor is now a OHK from the chest up instead of the waist up.

1HK from chest up with a silencer?

Wow imagine if all guns could do that?

phxs72

The L115 has a larger hit box than the USR which is what makes it special.  However, I am surprised that you can even get a kill with it.  I used to love that gun but after about a month into the game, I couldn't even get a hitmarker with it if I hardscoped.  The only way that I could get a kill was to QS with it.  I agree that the gun is broken but not due to the silencer nerf.  Worse case the silencer nerf probably only reduced the hit box down to the USR unsilenced level.

HAILARROW

I can say its not broken. I have found a setup that seems to equalize the gun and make it a dream. Armor piercing rounds, Variable Zoom, Sleight of hand, focus, blind eye, incog, and fully loaded

phxs72

But can you hardscope with it?  Maybe it's just my L115 that's broken but I can pull it out and take the time to line up my shots and get no kills from it but if I QS it, they drop instantly.  And in the very same lobby I can pull out a USR and hardscope or QS with no issues at all.  You know what it might be.  My troubles with the L115 may have come about when I put the chrome barrel on it to do the ghille suit challenge.  Before that I was using AP rounds or nothing special other than extended mags.  Maybe the broken part is the chrome barrel?  I'll have to try it again without the chrome and see if it goes back to feeling like it did at launch.

sorry no love for snipers.. they are a percision weapon and they need to nerf them so that are VERy difficult to use but most satisfying when used correctly, a sniper doesnt need to be stealthy, they need to be loud.

HAILARROW

I sniper needs to be stealthy so they can live.also since you have no love for them you dont see how difficult they already are to use. I know im a die hard sniper , but the weapons dont need to be made unusable

i do not snipe much, however im pretty decent at it, and they are not difficult at all to use, aim assist does all the work, i can miss my shot and still get the kill thats how easy they are.. no sorry I have 0 respect for sniper users

Lol snipers and difficult to use in the same sentence. This is CoD. They are insanely easy to use. The hit boxes for snipers in this game are ridiculous and so is the aim assist. This is why quick scoping exists and will always exist unless CoD sniping is fundamentally changed and made all around harder.

Snipers don't need to be super stealthy. Super stealthy snipers slow down game play too much on maps like Stonehaven and Stormfront. Besides, you have the kill cam giving away your position whenever you snipe someone, so that kind of cancels out the use of the silencer. Besides it's pretty darn easy to get a head shot or chest shot with a sniper in this game. It just takes semi-decent aim and a bit of patience.

HAILARROW

Whether you see it or not they are difficult to use due to the fact they are the main guns suffering from the nerf. Then you gotta be able to outgun people who use lmgs, subs, and assault rifles. You have to account for the weight and weapon sway even if you have perks to benefit these.They still are difficult to use and yes I know this is CoD

THey drastically nerfed theUSR silenced with this last patch.  I used to get 1 shot kills from waist up.  Now it's 2 shots unless its a head shot.  This needs to be addressed urgently.  You can shoot someone with a silenced honey badger across the map pretty easy but it takes 2 shots with silenced sniper rifle...... Thats not Apples to Apples. 

NoLifeKing32

It seems they did indeed finally add a silencer penalty for the sniper rifles, its about time. All silencers have a drawback, unless it was on the USR. Now, all silencers have the same drawback. Should have been present since day 1. Its not a nerf, its a correction.

AlteredVista

The only thing overnerfed in the patch was amplified and dead silence now has no counter now.

I used to use the L115 but to be honest I got way more hitmarkers with it than I did kills so I went to the USR. I don't use a silencer, mainly because I want people to hear me and find me so I can shoot them. I don't camp, I run around looking for people, and the more the better!