1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 7:15 AM by Warlord-Chojin Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II

Yeah you are correct....all the people saying what I am saying need to get better at the game.  It is obvious you didn't understand anything I was saying. No one mentioned time travel and my reflexes are fine. Go find a video about lag compensation. I am sure there is one out there to show you my point.  You think I am the only one saying this through out the COD community?  Once again, I am not bashing Ghosts, Black Ops II, MW3, or any of them.  I like the game play.  The online connection in multiplayer has a lot to be desired. 

• 21. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
          maccabi

BrilliantBus wrote:

Please don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about.  .

But the thing is with respect you dont.

There is so many incorrect statements being made in this post already.

first off what you all are calling speed is bandwidth. it is NOT speed it does not mean you have faster or slower internet than someone else. Online gaming relies on ping, the time it takes tfor a packet to reach a server from your console. Having more bandwidth (which you incorrectly refer to as speed ) does NOT mean you have a better ping.

Lag compensation does NOT throttle a connection, nor does it "compensate" a player over another.

BrilliantBus wrote:

Ok false.  I do know what I am talking about.  The compensation is a prediction from the host where I am going to be on the game.  So you do the math a slow connection to the game compared to mine.  Host receives the signal and there it is you're compensation. 

Nope utterly wrong. The simplest way to explain what people refer to as "lag comp" is to say EVERYONES screen is unique , what you see on YOUR screen is how the game would look if everyone had around the same ping, it is done NOT to compensate a player but to remove the EFFECTS of lag , skipping players, rubber banding, having to aim ahead or behind a players model.

the simple fact is with or without any form of "lag comp" the overiding rule in ANY online game is  pingis king.

Look there is numerous posts on here explaining how "lag comp works" theres some great videos that explain stuff could i suggest you all go off and read watch a few before continuing down this path of adding more incorrect info on top of incorrect info.

a good place to start would be Drift0r's videos on lag comp

• 22. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
            Izjar11

theroc23 wrote:

Where are all the players with crappy connections that are complaining about this? There is a  very distinct and noticeable pattern of people with high-speed internet complaining about connection issues, but you rarely see those with poor service complaining. The missed boat in the second post says a lot.

Poster A- "Hey, I think my internet is too good because my game plays horrible"

Poster B- "Hey, my connection is the WORST and my game runs GREAT! Check your connection."

So much missing the point the OP is making...while at the same time inadvertently proving the OP's point. LOL   

Question is: Who actually comes here and admits they have a poor connection (they are rare).

My connection has never been better in this game than others, and I hardly complained about that. Though latency issues will always be part of online gaming.

• 23. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
              Gunnerman677

The majority of this community doesn't understand the way the Internet works. Compensation isn't magic. I'm not going to argue with you, man. You're set in your ways. That's fine. I don't really care. If you get into poor lobbies, leave. Simple.

• 24. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
                RepublicSoldier

I have better connection on Black ops 2 then ghost.

• 25. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II

my connection was brutal for BO2, ghosts is much better

• 26. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
                    zvers

Last gen is terrible. I played on PS3 and BO2 was VERY frustarting. Maybe the excessive lag comp helped you in BO2 but Ghosts is FAR better than BO2. Maybe it's time to upgrade to next gen as they seem handle the MP portion much better.

Do you live near a large city and do you have at least basic cable internet??

• 27. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II
                      RepublicSoldier

I hear what you are say. there are a great number of unknowns that can contribute to lag. I kept my T.V. below a certain size upgraded my internet but I still had less lag in black ops two then in ghost.

• 28. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II

Everyone knows the bandwidth as speed. That is why that word was used.  Ping measures the latency, the delay of the connection, between you and the host.  I do know yes you can still have a bad ping with a good connection.  The compensation comes in from the host relaying all the information to your screen and the others.  I have already said this once.  It is a small prediction of information to what you are seeing and what the others are seeing.  I already know that "Lag" is always there.  I think the whole universe knows this by now.  Everyone's solution seems to be disconnect and find another lobby. Why should it be like that? The old Drift0r video you referred to explains the same concept of why and how it is taking place.  You die too fast on COD games.  I do not mean this in a getting shot sense.  I mean the game play itself.  The FPS of COD is a quick death.  Your internet connection has to keep up with this quick gameplay.  I am trying to say they have not tried to fix the online experience for any COD game we have had.  I to this day have had better connection experience on Black OPs II than Ghosts.  When I can use my phone as a hotspot to my playstation , consistently kill 20+ people in a game of TDM or KC there is a problem.  I am direct connected to the modem and barely breaking even in a game.  I am definitely not trying to pick a fight.  This is not something I am making up it is happening.  IW told us on twitter, facebook there will be dedicated servers.  When? Where? How come they haven't answered one question in any forum about the dedicated servers?  We are all a profit to them.  I think we deserve more out of a game franchise we are help keeping on top.

• 29. Re: Ghosts connection is worse than Black OPS II

OP has a point. When the game came out it was utterly broken. I just couldn't win gun fights. When I sprint and encountered an enemy who was also sprinting before I could even react I was dropping dead. And no it was nothing to do with my reaction time.

I've also had the shoot first yet get killed problem happen to me. I've also had problems where I'd shoot an enemy at near point blank yet there would be no hit marker.

As the weeks went on it has gotten more playable (maybe they improved on it without mentioning it in their patch notes) however I still have matches where it is simply ridiculous and I have to put in every piece of effort just to keep a positive K/D whereas other matches I get K/D's of over 5 easily.

Even if the lag compensation is very slight it still makes a huge difference.

My K/D is a nice positive and has been for a while.

There might be the chance of skill cancellation in call of duty to an extent. You'll either be on the good or bad side of lag comp. When you're on the bad side you'll have a very hard time even if you have a high skill level, it doesn't matter how good you are because the lag comp will dominantly determine if you have an amazing K/D or if you have a bad/decent K/D in matches.