1 2 3 4 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 9:10 AM by Ooh-She-Kill-Em Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
        theroc23

There's really no fair shake in penalizing non tactical layout players just because someone else wants to use tactical layout. Not to mention that not all knifing is a result of "panic knifing"...so there's no reason to gimp everyone to cater to the individual. And then the most important issue, it's virtually impossible to really know when it's really a "knee jerk" reaction any more than it's possible to be sure of this week's winning powerball numbers. 

• 11. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
          Izjar11

the term "panic knifing" has always been curious to me, players react quickly some kill some miss and die because another player surprised them, or they surprised each other. The reality is who is quicker and more accurate will win the encounter and move on or get killed by a teammate.

• 12. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
            theroc23

Jaliy makes a good point too. If you penalize non tactical players, you'd also have to penalize tactical layout players by requiring them to double tap R3 to crouch to even the playing field for non tac layout users, or requiring the tac player to burn a perk for single tap.

See how ridiculous the idea sounds.  

• 13. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
              Jaliy

panic knifing does not mean knifing when panic panic knifing means the need jerk reaction of your right thumb trying to turn and ACCIDENTALLY pressed it panic knifing has nothing to do with knifing

• 14. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
                Gerbera

I love when people complain about "panic knifing" when they themselves most likely did it themselves multiple times and were thankful it was there or else they would've died. As usual, it's "nerf everyone else, but not me".

• 15. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
                  Izjar11

Jaliy wrote:

panic knifing does not mean knifing when panic panic knifing means the need jerk reaction of your right thumb trying to turn and ACCIDENTALLY pressed it panic knifing has nothing to do with knifing

huh? Im positive panic knifing means hitting the knifing button out of a reaction when someone is near, hitting it accidentally is simply that. What ever, same bs anyways.

• 16. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
                    xxphenomen4xx

I've always thought the knifing in this game was way to easy, so thanks for posting!   Anyways, combined with the lunge,  I find the knife to be highly unrealistic.   How many times have you started unloading a clip from five feet away, only to get insta killed!?

• 17. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
                      shh_im_quiet

My biggest gripe with knifing is that as soon as the enemy presses the button to knife, you stop shooting at them.

They should have to complete the whole knifing animation before you die from it.

It's similar to the dog, where you die before it even touches your player model.

Not quite right.

• 18. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
                        theroc23

xxPhenomxx, I don't think you'll get much argument about knifing being unrealistic, but than again...a lot of the regular posters around here have been pointing out that there's very little realism in this cartoon game in the first place. It's always a bit perplexing when someone singles out something that is unrealistic...because the entire game is devoid of realism as a simple result of it not being "real".

I do agree that the mechanics, as mentioned above, are a bit screwy. The good news is that the game doesn't discriminate. Therefor we're all dealing with the same problem.

• 19. Re: :: Panic Knife Issue & Solution ::
                          Gerbera

If anything, the knifing is MORE realistic in Ghosts than it ever was in previous games.

At least in Ghosts, there's the the whole animation that leaves you completely vulnerable for a second or two ala Battlefield 3 / 4, so if there's more than one person there, you're most likely going to die.

In the previous games, it's just one quick, simple slash and that's it, no stopping or anything, so it was very easy to do quick run-by-slashings and take out multiple people if you knew what you were doing.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next