10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 11:20 AM by DeathBringer-Zen RSS

ORIGINS Rain Fire Solo EE step...

boybad

Any hints to make this easier? I am sure not the only one to find this step frustrating rather then time consuming, it fails 90% of the time.

• Re: ORIGINS Rain Fire Solo EE step...
          morv151190

The easiest way is to wait until the light  appears on the middle robots right foot as it is the closest to where you have to throw the bomb, when inside the robot foot wait until the robot is about to throw you back out before pressing the red button. This saves a bit of time because you don't have to run to one of the pods to exit the robot. After that you gotta have a good aim .

boybad

Yip we all aware of this, and it doesn't matter which foot it is.

Now any ideas on how to make this easier?

DeathBringer-Zen

Are you throwing the air strike early? I have found that I can do it from either foot first time, every time by running right up to the fence.

When I go in the robots right foot, when I drop out I turn and run across the pad to where the dig pile is usually and lob it over from there, if going in the robots left foot, I drop out and run right up to the boxes and just lob over them.

I also always wait around a second AFTER the announcer say's "1". You get nearly a whole second before you are purged, so you can press X (Square) right before the purge and you get plenty of time to make the run.

I don't know why people think you have to throw it from near to where you drop. You can more or less run right to the fence and it always works.

morv151190

I wasn't to know that you already used that method for the step, but it is the easiest way to complete the step. Of course you can use both foots but the right foot gives you that little extra time to get closer and aim and by letting the countdown go to the end before pressing the button, you get and extra second of time like DeathBringer said. You can only make it easier by practicing getting the timing right and finding the spot where you find it easier to aim from.

I have done this step every time by having a friend in the middle robot pushing the button. He tells me and I will throw the air strike marker. I hate the pilot step and killing the zombie pilot shite.