27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 12:18 PM by ScottSarg RSS

What i think about these nerf for snipers

Hi guys, I know that there is going to people that agrees with me and others that don't. But I don't care because I'm just stating what I think about it. Ghost has increase the aim down sight timing, But why? why would they decide to screw quick scopers and leave the damage on AR and SMG? Yes Quick scoping can be over powered, but only by 10% of the snipers. Only talented players can have a 5+ kill feed, I'm not one of them but I wish I was. Lets just say, if i came into a game and hard scope everyone what is going to happen? There community are not going to stop complaining about sniper. This is why I chose to snipe in my games. Its enjoyable, the first time I wanted to quick scope was when I was killed by one. I was watching the kill cam and the first thing I thought to myself was "damn, that is skills" I never thought it was cheap, and I don't know why others do. Quick scoping is enjoyable to play and I'm sure there is people that agrees with me. I'm sure that people have complained about how we all die so quickly in Ghost, but why haven't fixed it? that is all I have to say. I'm not here to ask for the buff but I would like for Ghost to decrease the damages on ARs and SMGs so everyone may get a chance to respond and shoot back. Because I don't if any notice. There is a lot of campers hiding in corners and buildings and they are doing that because they don't what do run around and get 3 shotted. The whole game has turned around in my eyes, it seems like the snipers are running around and a selection of gunners are camping. I'm sure if the damage have been reduce the campers will be reduce. Let me know what you guys think about what I have said whether you agree or you just think I'm an ass. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Cheers

• Re: What i think about these nerf for snipers
          Schoat333

I hardly ever see QS in this game. Its no where near as bad as blops2 was thats for sure. IMO a sniper is not meant to rush tho. You're job is to take a high position and watch your teams backs. If you want to rush, thats what AR/SMG's are for.

RexxCastle

Just to give you a heads up, alot of those "skills" as you say are a modded controller.   Queerscope settings have been included in modded controllers for years now,  you literally set up the timing and all you do is aim and hit the button and the controller does the rest for you.

killermushroomhead

QS is a joke. its easy to do and OP as hell. Im glad IW removed it cos it takes no skill at all.

now sniping in ghosts actually requires skill just like back in CoD4. Thank goodness the mw2 days are over!

claisty

The last time I checked the military wasn't training snipers to rush the battlefield using a sniper rifle for CQB.  And don't even bother lecturing me about how this game isn't based on realism, that it's an arcade shooter.  If that were the case we'd be using laser guns instead of actual weaponry.

For the first time since CoD4 I enjoy using a sniper rifle again.  They've made maps where it's the preferred weapon (Stonehaven, Stormfront and Whiteout to name a few).  Was thrilled to see them take aim assist away for sniper rifles which was what made it so easy for most.  Now a days if I get QS'ed at least I know the person on the other end has real skill (or was incredibly lucky).

XOver

"...quick scopers..," that's where I stopped reading.

ghamorra

Quickscoping is not a talent. It's a matter of getting use to keeping the center of your screen where you want it to. Even players who don't QS do this to get that small edge on their opponent. The rest is timing which can be figured out in just a few attempts. Don't try to pass QSing off as an art form or some rare skill. It's stupid easy to do.

cybizzorg

I play with a regular controller, started sniping like 2 days ago (to complete challenges).  I detest snipers (in this game) especially the QS trash talking type.  It's kind of hard to do (for me).  I'm working it though.  It's really ruining my fun, but in the end, I'll be the owner of a tiny turd brown ghillie suit.

I Don't have a problem with snipers, sometimes I like to snipe, but assisted aim for snipers is too much, COD is becoming nothing but a quick scope game which is not fun at all. I actually want to play the game and get killed by people with skill enough to do so, not die by quickscopers with no talent who think there hot stuff. Snipers either need to be nerfed or have aim assist removed from them, which I would prefer, sniping is about accuracy and it should be that way in the game.

RexxCastle

I am not very good at quickscoping.   it seem you have it all figured out since it is so easy.  Would you make a video for us of you quickscoping?  I would very much like to see the ease at which you dispatch enemy's.  it would be of great help to loweley players ike myself that cant quite grasp how to do it.  Also since this requires no talent you shouldn't have any issues while recording yourself do this.  I cant wait to see it

oboe24

any idiot that says quick scoping is easy obviously hasnt tryed it. Sniping is the hardest gun class to become good at. There's a huge learning curve. There is no advantage in ghost anymore to using a sniper rifle when a remington can take someone out just as easy at the same range. 4 sniper nerfs have already been made mean while I have rogue guard dogs climbing up buildings or magically just appearing in front of me. With no chance to protect myself. Played black ops 2 the other day the scope in speed is 3 times as fast for snipers. Seems to me COD ghost is catering to the newer players who when they got one shot killed(sniper rifle, shotgun, throwing knifed) there natural reaction is oh a didn't have a chance.When in reality u got out played.  People who think quick scopers are just taking taking advantage of the aim assist need to keep there mouth shut in regards to ghost. There is no aim assist on snipers in ghost(taken away) Every other gun still has it. Snipers have no recticle in the center of there screen.(Pretty important). If infinity ward is trying to turn snipers into a bunch of  camping in the weeds, hardscoping bums there doing a good job. Guess I might have to start playing battlefield or old cods until they get to hacked up.

Ovrlord

Depending on how the damage on Assault Rifles and SMG's are decreased, you would only be creating another Black Ops 2 situation. I'll tell you why quickscoping is cheap. What made the quickscoping so overpowered, in my opinion, was that the time to kill in Black Ops 2 was significantly higher than Ghosts, and that made snipers more powerful because we require more shots to kill you while you can put us down in one shot. The ADS times for sniper rifles are further contributing to this issue. On some games, you even have access to quickdraw to further enhance this technique, which shouldn't be happening in the first place. Regardless of what happens to the damage on the other weapons, you have a one shot kill weapon. You should not under any circumstance be able to be a threat to anyone in close to medium range unless you were already aiming down the sight prior to someone shooting at you. That is stupidly unbalanced and should not be present in the game to begin with. While it may be enjoyable playing like that to some, it is ruining the game for others.

oboe24

If u think a sniper is successful based on taking damage then being able to kill someone you,ve obviously never made an attempt at sniping. Even the best QSers have about a 50/50 chance at close range and i guarantee u they are not taking damage.(yes i'm sure it happens occasionally).  I'm a sniper and my K/D isn't higher with sniper rifles in comparison to assault rifles and smgs. But i've been playing for a while and enjoy challenging myself. It sounds like u think snipers should just stay in the guard tower in Prison Break with 3 ied's, an ims, and a sentry gun. Sorry bud not this sniper

oboe24

Look the best way I can explain it to people ignorant about sniping and QSing is to bring up money. If QSing and sniping are these huge advantages that make the game unfair. Then why do u never see pros doing it with thousands of dollars on the line? U think pros wouldn't do it if it gave them an advantage. U never even see pros sniping except pulling it out on occasion to hard scope a long shot. In public matches how many times do u come up against a sniper that dominates u. Very rare. So when it happens your pride is hurt because u got one shot killed so many times. When in reality you've been killed by Assault rifles and  smgs a hundred times more. The fact that sniper rifles have been nerfed 4 times already is ridiculous. It's due to ignorant players complaining that they didn't have a chance. When u just got out played by someone who put the time in too become good at the hardest thing in the game to be constantly good at. But u never hear these people complaining about a marksman rifle that u basically can put a reflex sight on a sniper rifle and spray. Please stop with the sniper hate you just sound naive.

I agree that snipers aren't as overpowered as people tend to believe.

Sniping is easy, yes - after some practice. Shooting an AR is also easy - after some practice. Does anyone disagree with this?

Hear me out. Here's my personal reasoning why Snipers aren't overpowered and are currently overly nerfed:

My "preferred weapon" is the USR - which has been basically the only weapon I've ever used (and I'm very new to FPS games). On FFA with a sniper I generally go about 18-10, or sometimes 18-18 if I get unlucky with spawns where I can't ADS faster than my opponent - with any other gun except a Sniper I generally go about 27-14, or win the match at 30. Prior to the patches I always did about 25-15, give or take. The fact that I perform better with any gun except a Sniper (when 80-90% of my overall kills are with a Sniper) proves to me that the Sniper is overly nerfed.

I realize you might say....Maybe an AR just suits my playstyle more than a Sniper and that's why I'm not as good with the Sniper... But I always go positive, or even at the end of a match with a Sniper and I move around after every kill, take cover, and do everything a sniper should. I don't have major skills, but I'm pretty decent. Put me behind an LMG with a thermal scope - I'm a beast because I treat my LMG like a Sniper (because that's the only playstyle I feel I've extensively learned) and it's ridiculous how many kills I can rack up. I'm talking about 30-7 on FFA, where it's almost not even fair.