8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 10:51 PM by MidnightSpecial4 RSS

Any plan for Extinction Clan XP?

I have been searching for any answers, but most posts I find are from when the game first came out. When we start a Extinction match it shows CLAN XP when we group together, and I aware that it is not awarded. Now does anyone know if there is a plan for IW to implement Clan XP for Extinction?

• Re: Any plan for Extinction Clan XP?
          Bowey1988

From what you just mentioned, I think they may ^^ So tell me did you just have clan-only members in your extinction group?

Yes we did have Clan only members in a public match. I made sure that it was a public match and not private, just in case . The notification that there is Clan XP when starting an Extinction match has been there since release (on PS4 anyways), but IW has stated there is no Clan XP for Extinction. I am hoping that there is potential for Clan XP  in this mode since it is really a great addition to the game.

SevenThug

Doubt it. It doesn't make sense. Clans are a multiplayer thing. You don't have clan vs clan extinction. It wouldn't be hard to change. If they wanted it in there, it would be in there.

Very true, Clans are a multi-player thing. Yet the overall purpose of a Clan is just to play together, which is what you do in Extinction. And that sometimes requires just as much teamwork as multi-player. I know many Clans focus on Leaderboard rankings, and trying to keep the overall Clan ranked high in them. The same could be said of staying on top of the Extinction leaderboards. I see the point that Extinction leaderboards is maybe less skill based since you are not playing against real people, but it could still be something that some Clans care about the leaderboards there. Your right though, it should be an easy change and if they wanted to they would do that. Just was hoping they were thinking about it or someone maybe knew something about moving that direction.

Bowey1988

I agree Leesil! It certainly would be nice to at the very least add Clan xp to extinction as long as you have 4x clan members lobbied up like you did.

For me though, My clan is all about teamwork, not leaderboards. We are not cr*p by any means (Far from it) but I prefer my clan to be a friendly, winning clan rather than a stat-conscious, kd-wh*re clan

Here's to hoping

Stinky666

I could see there being Extinction clans though, as weird as it may be.

I mean, I would possibly join a clan for Extinction, purely because it's all I play all day. I hate MP, Squads, Safeguard etc.

ChronoZombie

I've mentioned the same thing before.  If I am playing the game with clan members, I think it should count, whether it is multiplayer, extinction, or squads.  While I play plenty of multiplayer, not everyone does.

MidnightSpecial4

I also wonder why it says "Clan xp (CXP) Earned" when playing public match with only clan members. It would be really cool if it would give you clan xp though.