13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 7:56 AM by Momba1 RSS

Has anyone tried squads as a relief to all the cheating?

I started playing "squad assault" about 5 days ago and I have to tell you I'm actually having fun. I'm now bringing my kdr up to what it should be. I still rank up (at half the pace) but that's fine because there aren't any cheaters. And when it looks like cheating in the killcam it's because it is cheating, It's an aimbotter. An AI character aimbot your playing against that does double takes of your position, 1st take is through the wall. (just like many of the cheaters do).

• Re: Has anyone tried squads as a relief to all the cheating?

Playing SA is good fun imo, for me it helps you get too know the maps and how some off the games mechanics work, equally I will agree the playing this mode is at best avoiding the cheaters/hackers/modders, we all can test out the many different weapons etc and prepare ourselves for joining a live game.

As for the AI's I did read somewhere that they are "Smart Ai's" (what ever that means) which can "find" you no matter what your play style is or how you set up your squad, one thing you want to take in too consideration is that these bots are scripted (if you will) to play as if they are real humans, some will defend, some will attcak objectives and the rest will hunt you down, but it's all in the name off fun.

Squad assault is fun, but leveling is too slow. Multiplayer, as borked as it is is faster for leveling.

Source: Leveling two soldiers to level 60 VIA Squad Assault.

The AI cheats as just as bad if not worse! I've been shot threw as many as 3 WALLS!!!!! Now I just face palm when I see some of the kill cams and just report the other player as a cheater and quit the game because whats the point of playing a game when the AI is constantly shooting threw walls its just retarded some of the stuff I've seen I'd post video's of it but I tried doing that with all the cheating and lag in HALO4 to show proof I wasnt crazy in what I saw and they life time banned my waypoint account

I play squads. Try using the stealth perks, like incog, off the grid, dead silence. Yes those ai will shoot you through walls if you are on their radar.

make sure you are not on their radar by using these perks.

Momba1

THEMASTA wrote:

The AI cheats as just as bad if not worse!

Amen. I've been shot through, well, you name it by the AI regardless of my 'Perks.'

In Multiplayer look at the players in the pre-game lobbies and if the players stats are above your comfort zone then exit that lobby and try to find a different set. To a degree the same problem presented itself in prior CoD's --- Matchmaking.

Further, not all higher KDR players cheat, but no doubt many are cheating. In BO2 there where tons of legit 3, 4 and 5 KDR players; in ghosts to a lesser KDR extent. Last night I played with and against a longtime friend and his KDR is ~3.6 in Ghosts or about twice mine and we played in core none of Kill Cams were 'fishy' nor any wall banging. He's a Pro Gamer and well I'm a 2K hour BO2 player -- we're both good players. Here's the funny thing, we were placed into lobbies where everyone was pretty damn good and there wasn't 'cheater' ... 'hacker' ... 'etc' typed nonstop. You made a mistake you die.

A 'Cheater' to me is when someone without the aide of an Oracle, Sat Com, Night Owl, etc is shooting you through walls nonstop, pre-firing you AWAY from an Objective nonstop, is clearly using an AimBot + Auto-Fire nonstop. I play in a Clan or at minimum a full team of good players the vast majority of time --- HINT --- we're ALL calling out your locations the entire match.

Matchmaking as I've said in the past is the biggest problem, and another example I've suggested as a 'fix' is in the pre-game lobby is to color code teams, otherwise it's pretty easy to see Clan tags.

Mr_Pistolero

Momba1 wrote:

THEMASTA wrote:

The AI cheats as just as bad if not worse!

A 'Cheater' to me is when someone without the aide of an Oracle, Sat Com, Night Owl, etc is shooting you through walls nonstop, pre-firing you AWAY from an Objective nonstop, is clearly using an AimBot + Auto-Fire nonstop. I play in a Clan or at minimum a full team of good players the vast majority of time --- HINT --- we're ALL calling out your locations the entire match.

A cheater to me is anyone using cheats. They aren't that hard to spot with killcam after killcam of their so called skill.

I'm not going to give people the benefit of the doubt for amazing playing because they have an oracle up. Plus some players can be using perks against it. If your not one of those players using these perks then how do you really know who is or isn't cheating? If someone says they have Oracle and satcom but I'm using "blind eye" and "off the grid" then what?

Sometimes you have to listen to your peers when they say "someone is cheating" and not wait until it's extremely obvious. Your probably playing with tons of "sly" cheaters who are out here playing ghosts using aim-cheats to spot your location through walls and are not using satcom and oracle as they claim to be doing.

Momba1

Mr_Pistolero wrote:

A cheater to me is anyone using cheats. They aren't that hard to spot with killcam after killcam of their so called skill.

I'm not going to give people the benefit of the doubt for amazing playing because they have an oracle up. Plus some players can be using perks against it. If your not one of those players using these perks then how do you really know who is or isn't cheating? If someone says they have Oracle and satcom but I'm using "blind eye" and "off the grid" then what?

Sometimes you have to listen to your peers when they say "someone is cheating" and not wait until it's extremely obvious. Your probably playing with tons of "sly" cheaters who are out here playing ghosts using aim-cheats to spot your location through walls and are not using satcom and oracle as they claim to be doing.

First off no doubt there are indeed Cheaters and 'Super Cheaters/Hackers' which pretty much holds true on any Multiplayer game. However, there are considerably less hackers than people think or believe to be true.

Further, anyone (peers) with a sub-par (< 1.0) KDR isn't someone (weekend warriors) I'd listen to in-game chat who's claiming players are cheating; to those pff I'm certain they feel everyone killing them is a cheater; power of suggestion. My KDR was horrible until the 3rd Ghosts patch corrected the SLI and reduced horrible ADS Stutter. Imagine the frustration of being 'frozen' while seeing some opponent coming at you because the game Stuttered as you bring your gun up to ADS (stutter/freeze); pff I quit the game out of frustration. Fact is some players are more skilled, not skillz, than other players. Further a Random unless they're cheating doesn't stand a chance against an organized team/clan (pubstompers).

Perks: There are indeed 'Stealth' perks but the cost is a slow moving Soldier and oddly enough I see players using those perks but a gun without a Silencer which defeats all of your Stealth perks. Corner Campers...sure they'll get a few kills but they're sitting ducks and often completely forget that their gun is sticking out (3') in-front of them and to the careful eye gives-up their location because you see the 'gun' before the helpless player.

Hackers: Most that are cheating use a combo of Wall Hacking (e.g. boxes/highlited enemies) plus an AimBot. Both their KDR's and Accuracies are indeed high.

Kill Cam's: I only wish Kill Cams told the whole story, they don't and I miss Theater, an example is seeing a player moving left-to-right in an opening and tracking them right to the next opening for the kill. It's the amount of times a player does this that would indicate a Waller.

Teams/Clans: I play a ton of DOM and we're constantly calling-out player locations using an open chat system. Examples: 'Top A' or 'Top B C side' within seconds we're either flanking or shooting into an opening in those locations. Same applies to TDM, but it's my least favorite game and lowest scoring game.

IF it's Obvious someone is clearly cheating, hint it's not always the player on the top of the Leaderboards in-game, then we'll consider leaving if the game is unwinnable but it's extremely rare we'll rage quit; there will be no 'gg' and we'll all immediately leave once the game is finished.

Matchmaking that works: I/we've played against teams/clans that we know aren't cheating never mind our own scrims (OMG) and it isn't pretty. Now here's the rub, if either party were playing against Randoms they'd all be screaming 'cheaters' but we/they know otherwise. Afterwards I need a smoke break!

Matchmaking that fails: Placing into a lobby a full party or clan against mostly if not all Randoms' is an epic failure of Matchmaking because it isn't fair to the Randoms' besides the fact that they'll lose (less a Super Hacker(s) aide.

Equipment: frankly unless you have a good gaming PC (modern 4-core CPU, GTX 760 or HD 7970/R9 270X or IMO better, gaming peripherals including a gaming mouse with adjustable *polling rate*) you're at an extreme disadvantage for Ghosts. No argument Ghosts is too demanding while providing Graphics that are muddy, washed out and poorly textured.

My stats, compare them to BO2 and Ghosts, the hitbox registration is slightly better (accuracy) and the guns kick more (headshots). Now a Hacker, most of them and certainly anyone with an AimBot is going to have an accuracy of >25%. Stats - http://i.imgur.com/sjCVjcL.jpg and my keyboard (I rush) - http://i.imgur.com/aF5W7hu.jpg Safe to say in BO2, 2K hours, I wasn't a hacker and my stats compared to Pro players is laughable!

Yes there are hackers, but no not as many as you think.

Mr_Pistolero

Momba1 wrote:

First off no doubt there are indeed Cheaters and 'Super Cheaters/Hackers' which pretty much holds true on any Multiplayer game. However, there are considerably less hackers than people think or believe to be true.

Yes there are hackers, but no not as many as you think.

Yes this is just your theory. In reality it can be the exact opposite of everything your saying

There aren't as many cheaters as I think? How would you know?

Ok so i'll say the same.

There aren't as many legit players as you think.

And BTW

There are killcams, it's not a guessing game, so I don't see why your here stressing the point of who is or isn't cheating. when we are all humans and can see with our own eyes. we're smart enough to know to not go off of 1 killcam, but after a few it is effective tool 100%.

Oh wait, I get it, You think your superior to the rest of us? Our little minds can't tell a cheater in killcam? your going to tell us who really is and isn't the cheaters because your so smart? sure.

Did it ever occur to you that Maybe someone is MUCH smarter than you at spotting these cheaters?

Or maybe we aren't as dumb as you think or perhaps want us to be?

Momba1

Nope none of that bubbling 'stuff' you're saying. The player I once was would be destroyed by the player I had become just mid way through BO2 itself -- fact. I went from knowing literally nothing in BO2 which was my first attempt in any FPS Multiplayer to a player playing with as a Team that would go for days without losing a game.

Even without the aid of a Kill Cam if every time I'm coming around a corner I'm instantly annihilated, keep in mind after a kill and certainly after two I know where the player is and I'm being pre-fired then that's an indication of at minimum a Waller and most likely an AimBotter. Further, there are so called Super Hackers, names I cannot post, that can get multiple KEM's per game. I recall one player, first KEM within 30~45 seconds after joining late-game and the second KEM after the first KEM maybe a minute and a half later against our entire Clan (average KDR in our Clan is 1.2).

Now if some player is Walling without an AimBot (never seen one because everyone I've seen and run across does both) and going out of their way to look and play legit then NO ONE would ever know for a FACT. I can explicitly speak of my Clan, none and I mean none cheat; we have a zero tolerance policy. We play way (way) too often against each other and in private scrims. We had one player with us for short time that we all noticed got magically better and after a few 'WTF' kills and Kill Cams that clearly showed Walling we immediately kicked the player from our Clan. In my case and the case of the vast majority I've known many for about a year (consistently they're the same player) and the leader of our Clan I've known now for 5+ years.

My recommendation for you is to join a Clan, both your KDR and Win/Loss will increase considerably due to support!

Yes there are new (Noob) players and there are veteran players, and there are players with good through poor KDR's. Our Clan doesn't care which type you are as long as you participate, get along and don't cheat. A veteran player knows the spawns, choke points, good spots, has good strategy and technical knowledge.

We run across a few 'fishy' players and the occasional hacker and rarely a Super Hacker and if we discover one pre-game lobby we'll leave the lobby before the game begins; avoidance!

jibmoney

Yes squads is fun. I like the fact you can still rank up without the worry of being cheated.

dbkvaternik

I play squads when I first unlock a new soldier to get him up to par with weapons/perks. I also revert to squads when the hackers are out in droves. I'd play squads more if it wasn't for the XP handicap and inability to unlock operations/cammo.

Someday I hope to play squad v. squad but I haven't found someone with 6 outfitted soldiers yet. I also wanted to try clan wars until I found out how poor the app is.

ToDMoose

Very sad state of affairs that you have to play a different game mode because of hackers.

-Bruce

yes I have done squads and the funny part is you get cheating their too its like you cannot escape them