1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 104 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 6:53 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
      • 100. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
        DarkThrasher28

You do bring up a valid point. Well sort of. Yeah, if the slug round had infinite distance and was a BO2 1 shot kill to virtually everywhere, it could be used and abused. Though the ksg had a higher fire rate and had auto aim that was stronger than the s. rifles. I guess it doesn't really matter since everyone will move to the strongest gun period. I think I'm more or less trying to argue that sniper rifles are on a downward slope to the point where they may be virtually useless. One argument to back your theory actually, is when I played BO2 I never sniped in hardcore matches. Since the everything killed so damn quickly and there was no place to hide, the snipers didn't offer much purpose. I was downing crowds with a pistol.

Going back to the hypothetical sniper in the middle of the map. Yes, you probably are correct for the most part. Most snipers get a few kills and then die. But I'm not quite certain where you are going with this as far as the thread goes. Either that or I'm just not paying attention. From that scenario I get the impression that the guy is a nuisance but not a game breaker. Since he will be noticed after the first shot or so, he'll typically be dealt with soon after. Some guys like the infamous Faze can hold spawns via QSing and hard scoping but most people, as I've stated before, simply don't have this muscle memory and botch shot after shot until getting creamed.

As I stated in previous comments, I still think the QS is necessary for those emergency shots. Someone flips a corner and you are pretty much boned. You're side arm won't come out fast enough and your only option is to try to snap that QS off before they mow you down. Maybe if they are close enough, a knife. But past that? I know that QSing was a glitch since CoD was originally built off of the quake engine but I still don't see it as a game breaker.

I know you weren't serious about giving the weapons all the same accuracy and power but I'm gonna look at that seriously for a moment. If that were the case then yeah...just use the weapon that has that. The only advantage you have then is the same as what I stated in the first paragraph, virtually none. You have one shot and you had better make it count. But typically you can just be sprayed down with an AR burst or LMG. SMGs well....yeah close distance and jumping around is a pain to aim at and you are pretty much going to lose.

I understand the difference of opinion as I, myself, have some gripes about the game. The AR accuracy imo should be similar to counter strikes. As in the first burst or so is extremely accurate and then spreads out to smg status. I also think the shield throwing C4 guys shouldn't be allowed to do that. I think the IED nerf was unnecessary as well. I do hope they at least buff up the toughness again for snipers because at this point I've simply replaced the perk as it is pretty much useless when using a sniper. Coming out of a sprint with the hip draw perk isn't as fast as BO2 and typically ends in death. Usually the only time that works is if the opponent isn't paying attention.

• 101. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
          TL_Bare_B_V2

DarkThrasher28 wrote:

You do bring up a valid point. Well sort of. Yeah, if the slug round had infinite distance and was a BO2 1 shot kill to virtually everywhere, it could be used and abused.

Funny you should say that... In HC a player has a health of 30, the slug does 31 damage and has NO damage drop off which makes this possible.

• 102. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
            Ajaffaroo

Omg lol everything he is saying its not, it is

What a douche

• 104. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
              Ajaffaroo

Not having played counter in years i wouldnt know but shortly turning into smg handling, gotta say that would seriously suck

Yeah but c4 and shield = no - ied buff = yes, i gotta say hell no. You drop an ied somewhere and you are basically guaranteed a kill so its not much different than c4 and shield as much as im against it. Leaving an ied on a b or c is a thing that i think they should be used for. You have about 4 min directions to which you can be flanked on most maps, watching out for ieds all the time basically leaves you vulnerable for weapons fire. if maps were designed a lot better than yeah i suppose you wouldnt have to keep an eye on 4 to 5 corners and the ground for an ied. The guy in the middle example - thats what alot do, keep doing the same thing again and again all around the map and thats whats made snipers the centre of attention for nerfing. So its these type of people that ruin them for everyone

• 105. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
                rankismet

Ajaffaroo wrote:

Fine keep your quick scoping but give every other weapon the same range and damage and a scope and i guarantee you will be saying but but... Its the whole cake and eat it scenario. You can kill in one shot at close range and the other side of the map with a scope on.

If my riot shield had a smash range of even 5 feet and 1 smash kill then oh no thats something that needs to be nerfed because i cant quick scope quick enough to take him out.

Give the one shot kill single slug shotgun attachment unlimited range with damage and i bet all you snipers will be complaining quick smart

I seriously think you replied to the wrong post...

... or you are deranged....

... because that made 100% no sense to anything I have written.

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next