15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 6:25 PM by Microsoft360 RSS

seriously have the cheaters actually made gamers paraniod?!

Microsoft360

I've just had probably the best three games in a long long time since the game release!

and low and behold everyone in the lobby started calling me a cheater, and other disgusting things which have been reported although I doubt anything will come of it!

seriously, I actually think this game has had soo many cheaters playing on it that now when ever a player who is doing well in game is now branded a cheater... and by the by my k/d is 1.5 and w/l at 0.27.. not
      exactly the stats of a ******* scum bag cheater!

• Re: seriously have the cheaters actually made gamers paraniod?!

Unfortunately this is what happens when Cheaters are allowed to run freely in games and creates a paranoid legit player base that when anyone does good they will be labeled a cheater. You would figure that IW would at least address this issue with the PC community and ensure us that the problem is being handled but obviously they seem to skip over this part of the forum and only look at the console side since I never see them post anything here.

What is even more frustrating is the fact that when we try and tweet/facebook IW/AV, we still get screwed because anything the PC players post just gets buried underneath all the other players on other consoles so what' the point! IW you have you're own forum where everything is divided for you for easy access and easy communication with each part of the community, use it!

you are correct i think they have become paranoid , to the extent that if you beat them, you are a cheater.. they learn the term aim bot or wall hack etc. and now anyone who owns them in game has it.. its just ridiculous

my stats or so legit and it all adds up 4.8 kd... 3.1 w/l and all i get is .. hacker!!!!!.. cheaterrrr!!! you just gotta laugh it off, just means i ran circles around these fools they lost all comprehension on the game lol

dbkvaternik

If I saw your 4+ KDR I would without hesitation label you a hacker. Not in the lobby/game mind you, just out loud to myself and anyone in my group via steam. There is a small percentage change that you corner camp in which case, would explain your high KDR. Either way, I would leave the lobby and find another game that I could enjoy with my paltry 0.77 KDR.

So to answer the OP, "yes, [unskilled] legit players are paranoid". Unfortunately, I think I've only been called a hacker once.

well i have never seen a camper with a high kd.. campers I have ever seen go negative and never win games

i think skilled players are just as paranoid, i think even more so.. being that skilled players alot of times are use to winning or doing well in the game.. if a player comes in and starts dominating, they do not generally think.. hey this player is just better.. they jump to, wow this player is a modder or hacker or whatever.. also being on ps3.. things like aimbot do not exist, and if they do, they are soooooo rarely used it wouldnt constitute the aimbot excuse.. i have seen uav hack 1 time.. and you have to watch kill cams to know.. he reveled himself right before he left the lobby changing his gamer tag to something else, and having it change colors

other than that I have seen the 11th prestige hack and all perks hack, and all of those players were not very good anyway and their stats didnt resemble a good player either

Momba1

Well my Soldiers KDR is 1.94 (gun 1.89) and my W/L is now up to 3.25 but I play in a Clan. About every 2-3 days someone calls me a hacker, it was the same in BO2, but my proven BO2 record means apparently nothing to the rightly so paranoid player. There are cheaters, no doubt. Personally, I've never seen a legit 3+ never mind 4+ KDR player in Ghosts yet ... maybe you are and maybe not ... I don't know.

Compare full stats (favorite gun to favorite gun), oh BTW in BO2 my total kills are in the hundreds of thousands; stats - http://i.imgur.com/sjCVjcL.jpg

honestly the hackers i have encountered were players around 1.0 to 2.0 kd's.. any hacker I have seen never had as good of stats as mine, so i dont think high stats indicates hacks or cheats

Momba1

Interesting, I've always noted the opposite and an exponential increase of the likelihood of Waller's / AimBotter's as their KDR's go up especially past the 1.75 mark. I keep tabs after a couple 'WTF' kills. What I often see is the same high-KDR players' conveniently positioning themselves and once they get PO'ed ADS & Insta-fire. Further, following their course they make directional changes following the spawns...imagine that coincidence.

Also I've never run across a <1.3 KDR hacker. So >1.5 to <1.75 it's 50%/50%, >1.75 to <2.5% it's 75%/25%, and >2.5 a handful are legit and the vast majority hack to various degrees of Noob Hacker levels.

Again, so far not once 3+ and never a 4+ legit player at least in Ghosts. Clearly, I'm referring to the PC platform and definitely not Consoles.

gotcha, ive never played on PC but have seen enough game play on it, not sure why anyone would play COD on a PC, the graphics are better, but when it comes to the hacks and stuff, just doesnt seem worth it to me

Momba1

W_E_A_P_0_N_11 wrote:

// not sure why anyone would play COD on a PC, the graphics are better, but when it comes to the hacks and stuff, just doesnt seem worth it to me

Friends...that's the primary reason I and others play the PC version of Ghosts and other Multiplayer games. Otherwise I also have a console copy and it's the [types] of people that keep me at least from playing any consoles; I'd have to Mute All to play 9/10 games.

My KDR and 90% of the other players on the PC would have higher KDR's if it weren't from the fact of cheaters spoiling this and may other games.

Consoles do also have their fair share of hackers and the sheer numbers of consoles players DILUTES their problem. If I were to become a Console player then I'd figure out a way to use my Keyboard/Mouse.

They need to just start banning the known cheaters. Paid good money for this game if this keeps up I will never buy another COD game or anything from Activison!!! I have been in games where the cheater is bragging about cheating and nothing being done !!

Why cannot Activision completely block the IP Address of cheaters from accessing their servers? Ping them and remove them. Why can't they (and other multiplayer games/companies) speak with Sony/Microsoft and just completely remove those users, including their accounts? You want to play again, you pay for it. New account, new service, new email account as well as new IP's. It will not stop. This is why I stopped playing CoD games since MW2, because of this constant rampant hacks and SERVER (ILLEGAL to the user agreement I thought!!!) modding. I thought I would give Ghosts a shot, and I have really enjoyed it....but it is happening again. Almost to the point that I will not support anything that has affiliation with Activision again (Blizzard, Neversoft, etc.) if they don't clean house on cheaters.

My death kill cam last night: Guy who shot me was running along the building, looks 120 degrees to the right and shoots me as I was crouched completely still...BUT...90 degrees into his turn my teammate was running towards him, but because I was closer to him by (in game) 10 feet he targeted right on me instantly. He had no amplify, I was not moving at all, my teammate was running at him but I got targeted first for being closer...How and why would you aim passed the guy with the gun firing at you and shoot at the guy that was not on your screen or firing crouched still BEHIND A WALL, that on your kill cam you ran passed and didn't even show him on your screen running by..Oh well, new day today, new complaints I guess..

Ya, I was disgruntled.

I enjoy this game. A lot of great people are playing with great skill.

Just fix the problem Activision.

Thank you fro my rant. \\m//

Momba1

iiCATACLYSMii wrote:

Why cannot Activision completely block the IP Address of cheaters from accessing their servers?

Duh what?! If IW/Activision confirms a Cheater then they block the User's Steam account from accessing the Multiplayer portion of that particular game i.e. they're Permanently Banned for good. Worst is a Console Ban which locks-out a Console from accessing any online games/services i.e. making it an expensive paperweight. Anyone can roll (change) or even spoof an IP address in minutes. Some hack/mod their consoles to avoid a ban. Many will be up and running in a matter minutes with a New Cheat, New Steam account after buying a New Copy of the game; they have the money and the lust of hacking pales to the $40~$60+ cost.

Listen one or a few 'WTF' kills or deaths proves nothing, and ditto with many Wall Banging's (saw you crouch, move, etc). Pff at some point 95% would be banned following your train of thought. Don't get me wrong there's plenty of cheaters (hackers) present in pretty much every Multiplayer game regardless of the platform. Example 100% of the time I play Sovereign I wall-bang my side of B and come around pre-firing around the corners IF it shows (Flag color change) or says 'Losing B' ... I know for a FACT some opposing player is in that location. Welcome to the Experienced player! Ditto if I see a Red Hit-marker from my back I'll spin around firing-off my gun.

Now continually following someone through a Wall (Kill Cam) without an Oracle, Night Owl, etc and/or Pre-firing for no reason (no reason includes: No Team Call outs, No Prior Kills, No Shooting your Weapons, etc) then yeah sure. Also, people that Corner Camp FAIL to understand that their GUN is sticking out 3' in-front of them.

Again, no doubt there are hackers, but keep in mind the players remaining, a lot of them, are extremely good from past CoD's. The new requirements a lone cut-off 43% of the player base with old dilapidated 'Best Buy' PC's. Also what you see on your 20"~23" monitor isn't what someone on the 27"~43" (monitor/TV's; LMAO I have a friend using a 43" 120 Hz TV on his desk!) plus using an approved FoV Changer @ 90+ degrees vs stock 65 FoV.

We need a better way of reporting cheaters payed good money for the game !!!Please do something Activision before the game is a total lose !!!

Praetorio

Sorry for your bad experience, but it's not just CoD, it's pretty much any multiplayer game anymore.

There's basically 3 cheats these days...

People will splice the ethernet cable and add electricity to produce a lag.

They buy modified controllers that allow for a bunch of crap I've never heard of like jigger and stuff.

They download software and use a wireless connection.  The computer communicates with the console and the end result is a lag.

But the reason everyone calls you a cheater isn't because they really think you're cheating, or because a lot of people are cheating; they're calling you a cheater because they're babies and they're mad they lost.  Most people feel they're the best and everyone will talk trash when their name is atop the board when the game's over, but when those same people find themselves not on top, 1 of 2 things typically happens:

They call the person on top a cheater, or they leave... usually before the game is over.  It's the video game mentality, everyone's a baby.

So it's not you, and it's not personal, it's actually everyone else who has the issue.  I am probably a lot like you, I don't have a lot of games I'd consider great, but the other day I had 21 kills and 18 deaths; it was one of the first times I recall having over 20 kills.  And same crap; I got texts, people on mic sayin crap.  It's ridiculous.  All they gotta do is see my stats to know my K:D is under 1.   I suck.  But I've gotten tough skin playing this game b/c everyone acts like a lil b!t@h.  To that I say, F k em.  Do your thing, keep kickin azz.

Microsoft360

At the end of the day mate, people can call me a cheater all they want, its water off my back... and vac can check my account till end of time and wont see **** all cause I don't cheat.. never have... never will.. its scum!

Its the dam attitude of gamers.. yes there are cheaters in many multiplayer games as others have said, its the companies responsibility to implement sufficient anti cheat.. there's lots of guys making money off their product at the end of the day with hacks/mods/aim bot controllers (mw3 was riddled with aim bot which is why I don't play mw3 anymore)

I'm a fairly decent cod player most times I average 1.5-1.7 k/d and 1.2 w/l.. on xbox 2.08 k/d and 1.6 w/l. lets just hope the apparent 'anti cheat' implemented will detect change in base code so players get banned.