1 66 67 68 69 70 Previous Next 897 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2014 3:38 PM by ButterflyDream Go to original post RSS
      • 670. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
        ROXSTARUK

bendotcom wrote:

Sniping is OP- As many others have said, if snipers were as OP as people say MLG players would use nothing but snipers. If you think competitive players use guns like the MSMC, AN-94, MTAR-X and AK-12 because they are skill guns, you need to re-evaluate how you think competitive players work. People state snipers are OP yet say they have no problem killing them and laugh that they have low K/D's, how can a weapon be OP if people using it are almost free kills and can't reach a K/D of a player who is fairly good with any automatic gun and vice versa?

I think you missed the main issue with quickscoping - it makes for a boring game, I expect MLG players are, for the most part, sensible decent players. Hence no QS.

From my experience across all the CoD games it's not just the act of quickscoping, it's also the way the quickscoping people play the game (admittedly its not everyone). The huge majority of games I've been in over the years with quickscopers they all act like idiots, last night for example; either hiding till the end and then going on some mad Rambo run, both teams doing stupid stuff like jumping out of windows spinning all lining up to take turns at each other or completely ignoring the team side of things (leaving re-spawn tags, ignoring the objective, etc). I was trying to pick away at some clan wars locations last night and even when we were flying ahead of the other teams I just had to keep leaving the game because they were so boring!

Perhaps a quickscoping playlist would keep everyone happy.

• 671. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

bendotcom wrote:

There's no pleasing you anti-quickscoping people is there.

The most annoying thing about all anti-sniping people is the arguments they present are 99.9% contradiction/hypocritical. I'm not going to call it quickscoping I'm going to more appropriately call it offensive sniping.

First of all, if your going to complain about sniping, get your facts right. People like driftor, ali-a, thunder etc. aren't snipers, they base there opinions on what they see from snipers not because they actually know the weapon. Videos I have seen these guys make on sniping usually make me laugh at how far off the mark they are from how it really is. Go on youtube and find Darth Nine, Daniel Cross and zzirgrizz and watch their videos on the sniper nerfs, these guys know CoD very well, they know how to use snipers as well as reg guns and the points they present are by far the most accurate and un-biased I've heard, if your going to make an argument at least have the intelligence to take into account both sides of the story.

Quickscoping started getting popular in CoD 4, it is possible to do in every CoD ever made and for those of you who don't know, Optic started as a sniping clan before transitioning to competitive, a good few of the best competitive players such as Nadeshot started their CoD careers as snipers, YouTube CoD grew from players like zzirgrizz who were snipers. I could argue that if it wasn't for sniping, competitive wouldn't have the following it does now, it may not have existed in the way it does now. And to those who complain about snipers being OP in ghosts or BO2 for that matter, you should go and play MW3/2 seeing snipers in that game would shut you up compared to how they are now.

People need to get it into their heads why people like to snipe offensively. It has always been about the challenge and skill of being able to use a weapon that is out classed at med-close range effectively. When you get beaten by an offensive sniper, you got beaten by a player who is purposefully handicapping themselves for a greater challenge. . . you can blame the weapon or spin it how you want but this is how it is. People need to get rid of the idea that classes/weapons are the basis of CoD skill, a good player will always beat you regardless of the weapon/class.

Contradictive arguments:

Snipers don't play the objective- I can agree with people here, I snipe and I like to play the objective and play to win, I have come across many snipers who don't play the objective and I know how annoying it is. However, I play against more regular players who don't play the objective, I've played hundreds of matches where I've tried to comeback with a win but repetitively get killed off Dom points while my team runs 5ft from the cap point with no intention of helping. Saying snipers don't play the objective is an unfair argument when just as many none snipers do the same.

Quickscoping is all aim assist- False, those little scope movements you see in a killcam are made by the player to correct their aim quickly it has nothing to do with aim assist.

OHK at all ranges is unfair- IMO it's unfair to complain about snipers being a OHK at all ranges when smg's and AR's can kill at all ranges, even though it takes more bullets the flinch from snipers usually means that once your hit you can't get your aim back to get a shot off effectively meaning that even at long ranges snipers can easily become sitting ducks. Snipers have a slow time to kill, they require complete accuracy in a small inconsistent hit box to get a OHK and you only really have the opportunity to fire one shot to get the kill before you die. an SMG, AR and shotguns can kill me 3-4 times over hip firing me from sprint at close-med ranges before I can pull up the scope from walking. On paper almost all weapons are more effective than snipers, if you get beaten by an offensive sniper, it's not the weapon that is OP it is that the player is simply better than you, get over it!!

"Snipers always kill me when on a streak"- since when did going on a streak grant invincibility to all weapons apart from snipers?

"I want snipers to play realisticly"- It makes me laugh how people complain about how annoying campers are but say they want snipers to camp. . . I don't get how that logic works :S I have seen plenty of MTAR users hiding at the back of the map killing at long range, surely if you want snipers to play realisticly, you also want all other players to use their chosen weapon realisticly. . . but where's the 67 page long thread about reg guns being unfair for killing out of their range? If I got a shotgun and shot someone long range, they wouldn't feel it, if I did the same with an SMG I probably couldn't get a shot to kill, if I did it with an AR it would be possible with difficulty and due to the recoil of an LMG it would take a lot of suppressive fire before a shot hit the target. If I shot a sniper and blew your head off a mile away, it wouldn't leave a flesh wound if I did the same from 5ft. There is no law that says snipers can't be used at close range, it is just no where near as viable as it is with close range weapons. This is reflected in the game, If I want to use a sniper at close range it is possible to kill but not as near effective as it would be using just about any other gun, same as other guns can kill at long ranges outside of their intended use but it is not as viable as a sniper. As far as shotguns work, a faster rate of fire ads and OHK hipfire spread which means 10/10 the shotgun should win, if it doesn't the gun isn't to blame. It is incredibly hypocritical to say one weapon is OP for killing out of it's intended range when everything else is the same.

Sniping is OP- As many others have said, if snipers were as OP as people say MLG players would use nothing but snipers. If you think competitive players use guns like the MSMC, AN-94, MTAR-X and AK-12 because they are skill guns, you need to re-evaluate how you think competitive players work. People state snipers are OP yet say they have no problem killing them and laugh that they have low K/D's, how can a weapon be OP if people using it are almost free kills and can't reach a K/D of a player who is fairly good with any automatic gun and vice versa?

Sniper nerf means that snipers are OP- Don't be so naive, activision are money whores as much as any other big company they want to entice new players and want to make sure players have a good time and keep playing. When the companies see massive threads with sniper arguments and when new players stop playing because they keep getting owned by players who have 5+ years more CoD experience and see players who can use a sniper with reaction times they don't think is possible, the devs are obviously going to change the game balance in order to protect their profits. Look at the spawns for example: people learned how to spawn trap, new players often couldn't work out how to effectively counter a spawn trap so found it very annoying, by making the spawns more random it gives newer players a fighting chance while making it harder for tactical players to read maps.

Quickscoping is easy- lets put this into perspective, Snipers have a small inconsistent hit box and often only having the opportunity to fire 1 shot before dying. They are the only guns with no cross-hair, they are the only gun with considerable flinch and idle sway considering they are supposed to be the most accurate weapons. They are the only guns that have massive movement accuracy penalties for moving while aiming, dropping and jumping. The chrome barrel adds an arm and a leg to the hit box whilst almost doubling the idle sway, the reg gun version of muzzle brake extends range and damage across all ranges despite saying long range damage, yet has no drawback. all automatic guns have ridiculously small and accurate hipfire boxes, barely any recoil or flinch, receive almost no movement penalties and can continuously fire from the hip to the sight. SMG's can 2 shot to the legs all day long. Anyone with half a brain can see that snipers are treated the same as what Vondy leaves in his toilet in comparison to reg guns.

You don't have to aim on the guy to hit a sniper shot- First of all if you hit a shot with a sniper and you were aiming nowhere near the guy chances are you messed up the timing of the shot so it was treated as a no scope and you got a lucky hit. If you are seeing this through a kill cam, then learn that kill cams often get messed up due to lag. If I have the killcam and the shot looks as if I didn't even aim near the guy I know at the time of play my scope was dead centre on his body. I have seen killcams where I have been killed by a guy shooting someone else but I was caught by a couple of stray hip fire bullets, I have seen plenty of killcams where I have been shot by a guy who was shooting aiming and reloading all at the same time. . . it's not just snipers!

I'm not a kid, I have a good education, a good job. I'm not an aspiring YouTuber, I snipe offensively because I have always loved using snipers and after playing 10 different cod's I want a bit of a challenge. I have never said I want sniping to be easy, I want it to be difficult, I want it to be a challenge. I don't complain about nerfs just to whine, I complain about the sniper nerfs because there was so much that could of been fixed in the game what would have improved the game for the whole player base, instead they listen to what people complaining about things they don't fully understand. I remember when I first saw quickscoping, I hated it because I didn't understand how people could kill me that fast and that accurately, I blamed it on modded pads and aimbot, I understand how people feel about sniping and why it annoys them. Then back on MW3 I met one of my good friends who is a very good sniper in a clan, I remember sat one night watching him play for a few hours, talking to him about how he did it and I realised that all the assumptions I made about quickscoping were wrong, he was simply a player with reactions and tactical knowledge that I didn't think were possible, from that moment I had a great respect for snipers. I don't want sniping to be easy like it was back in the day, that's not the point I'm trying to make, I want to have a chance to use my fav weapon with my fav playstyle without feeling like I'm continually getting screwed over by a company who I have given a lot of money to. I don't expect people not to hate me when I'm sniping offensively as I know how annoying it can be but it would be nice to have a little respect from players and the devs for putting the time in to learning how to play the game at the level I can. and for those of you who care, I have a positive K/D and W/L and all my snipers have a 60+% accuracy with 1000's of kills.

Sorry for the uber long post.

Forgiven for the wall of text

If you had read the thread which I don't expect you have given the size of it, then you would have seen that I am in fact intelligent enough to listen to both sides of the argument on Qscoping...

Don't get tied up with accusations, I am open minded and open to new facts...

I'll bullet point for the sake of tidiness,

• I am by no means "Anti Sniping", I enjoy it, and I respect people who are good at it...
          • Driftor, Ali A, etcetera all Snipe and Qscope, and they aren't where I get my facts from...
          • Please post up links for your suggested viewing and I'll gladly watch them...
          • I don't think using the most powerful gun in the game makes you more skilled...
          • I don't think I've mentioned the Objective ignorers? I'm a TDM Lone Wolf...
          • I've never said Snipers should not be a 1HK at all ranges...
          • I've never said Snipers shouldn't Camp, nor have I disparaged Camping...
          • I'd like to see all the weapon groups mirror their real world uses? Only Snipers don't do this IMO...
          • I've never said that Snipers are OP... Ever...
          • Qscoping is easy, being effective and good at it isn't without some practice, but that is the same for all guns, playstyles...
          • Your accuracy is only relative to yourself, but let's face it, accuracy should be very good with a "Precision Weapon"...

Sorry for not going in to more detail, but hey that was a wall of text right?

• 672. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

ROXSTARUK wrote:

bendotcom wrote:

I think you missed the main issue with quickscoping - it makes for a boring game, I expect MLG players are, for the most part, sensible decent players. Hence no QS.

From my experience across all the CoD games it's not just the act of quickscoping, it's also the way the quickscoping people play the game (admittedly its not everyone). The huge majority of games I've been in over the years with quickscopers they all act like idiots, last night for example; either hiding till the end and then going on some mad Rambo run, both teams doing stupid stuff like jumping out of windows spinning all lining up to take turns at each other or completely ignoring the team side of things (leaving re-spawn tags, ignoring the objective, etc). I was trying to pick away at some clan wars locations last night and even when we were flying ahead of the other teams I just had to keep leaving the game because they were so boring!

Perhaps a quickscoping playlist would keep everyone happy.

They do seem to have a disproportionate amount of anti social and under aged players in their "community"...

• 673. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
              SitRepPro

Drift0r's an average sniper.  I've seen his gameplay and he misses too many shots.

• 674. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

SitRepPro wrote:

Drift0r's an average sniper.  I've seen his gameplay and he misses too many shots.

Didn't say he was any good or bad, just responded to a statement made about him...

• 675. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                  THExVeng3anc3

Personally, I think being a quickscoper is much more enjoyable due to the added challenge and reward of killing people when your weapon is at a disadvantage.  The reason that pro's use subs and AR's is because of the time to kill, and the consistency.   Having a TTK of between 0.2 and 0.4 seconds is better than killing in 0.25 or 1.45 seconds.  The other day I went 55 - 14 on Octane Domination with the Remington.  It was a good game for me, better than most others I've had on this game.  For a professional sniper, that's a great game.  Notice "professional" and "great".  I'm sure that Nadeshot would say that a 55 - 14 performance is his "pretty decent" type game.  Plus, with the slower ADS time after the recent patch for snipers, I'm probably never getting quickscoped again when using an AR, not that I ever really did in any game except MW2 and MW3.

• 676. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                    Gysr

IIf you want realistic then go play battlefield...

• 677. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                      THExVeng3anc3

Seriously, Gysr has it right on.

• 678. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

Gysr wrote:

IIf you want realistic then go play battlefield...

Every other weapon group is realsitic in terms of use and behaviour...

• 679. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                          SitRepPro

Shotguns would be more viable and would not need Steady Aim as they'd have an already tight spread and better distance.  And sniper rifles would be a OHK any where on the body suppressed or not.  If I use a snipe someone and got their shin they sure won't be running after taking damage.  A stamina system would be needed so that players using ARs would have more increased sway after consistently running around the map, less so for SMGs and shotguns.  Oh and you'd have to take off aim assist as that doesn't exist in real life.

1 66 67 68 69 70 Previous Next