To be honest, I think it is overpowered. Typically, those who are 6th+ are people who like to play and know HOW to play. Usually people who have completed with 5 relics lots of times. Maybe on the DLC we could have a skill point, but then, that means I'd have 5 skill points at the start of every game... which seems too easy, even on Nightfall and even if I were to use 5 relics on that map.
Personally I'd like to see some outfits and heads/headgear for rewards. I wrote a post already and I think some of us who have "gone the extra mile" in Extinction gameplay should get something cool. I mean if you can get a 3D glasses wearin german sherpard patch for an akimbo 44mag with ACOG scopes attached kill then throw us a bone for reviving our teammates 500 times and carrying on the fight!
There's so much sort of stuff they could do.
- Get X amount of kills with X weapon (do this for ALL weapons).
- Get X amount of kills with explosives (either as a whole or individually)
- Revive a teammate X times (as you said).
- Repair the drill X times.
- Kill the Leper X times (YOU would have to be the one to kill the Leper)
- Kill a rhino in under X amount of time, X times - using NO sentry or vulture (maybe a stupid one, but kind of fun).
- Kill X amount of Hunters.
-- Kill X amount of Hunters in a single game.
- Kill X amount of Scorpions.
-- Kill X amount of Scorpions in a single game.
- Kill X amount of Rhinos.
-- Kill ALL rhino's in a single game (has to be co-op, can't be solo - this would require teamwork).
- Get X amount of kills with turrets (the ones found around the map).
- Get X amount of kills (perhaps different stages: 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k, 500k ??)
I've only just woke up so am no doubt missing a lot of obvious things. I hope they can add something like this, it'd be great. A fantastic addition to the already existing Extinction.
People, add tot he list. Could be easy or difficult stuff. Fun or not.
This is definitely some depth they've missed out on in Extinction.
Regarding the OP, perhaps an alternate for 6 to 10:
6 - start with max ammo/grendes/random piece of equipment or unlocks X uniform
7 - start with 1 skill point to spend
8 - start with max ammo/grendes/random piece of equipment or unlocks X uniform
9 - start with 1 skill point to spend
10 start with max ammo/grendes/random piece of equipment or unlocks X uniform
Sure by then you might now HOW to play but every little helps, especially if playing on Solo.