12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2014 3:15 PM by chad111 RSS

Finally.  A 3 year dev cycle.

like2nap03

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/07/what-does-sledgehammer-games-have-in-store- for-call-of-duty

Bout dang time.  Hopefully they spend more time working out the kinks.  Not sure what this means for Nintendo consoles though.  At least each game will get more dev time.  Hopefully this is a good thing. 

• Re: Finally.  A 3 year dev cycle.
          BobbyMcGee

yeah i heard they would be involved like a month ago, not sure how this will all play out.

like2nap03

If what is in the video is correct, then Sledgehammer, IW, and 3arch will all be making these games.  COD will be out every year with a 3 year dev cycle instead of a two year cycle.  But if Wii U gets all of these then it will still be Treyarch doing our version every year unless something changes. 

BobbyMcGee

like2nap03 wrote:

But if Wii U gets all of these then it will still be Treyarch doing our version every year unless something changes. 

thats what i am wondering about. im not too convinced wii u will get the next title. i said that about ghost too though

like2nap03

BobbyMcGee wrote:

like2nap03 wrote:

But if Wii U gets all of these then it will still be Treyarch doing our version every year unless something changes.

thats what i am wondering about. im not too convinced wii u will get the next title. i said that about ghost too though

It doesn't really effect the Wii U team though.  I mean that's what they do.  They make COD on Wii U every year.  Nothing would really change for them. 

SirDarthVader

Theres 3 possibilities. Sledgehammer might port their game to WiiU you never know. Or it'll be Treyarch as usual or just no COD for WiiU this year.

barolb

To the thread: THANK YOU! ******* finally! This would make all games probably less screwy at launches, and maybe make things more respectable as far as fixing in-game issues... Although a bit too late for me since i already quit CoD... hehehe... X_X

I agree with this your line of thought though. Because there is only a single developer it won't change much for Wii U players. Rather this would benefit everyone but Nintendo gamers, which is kind of sad IMO. Even though i stopped playing, i can only say i hope that this case improves, but even now being an outsider i'm still not really all that optimistic about it.

ichilenozo

Really?.....muhahahaha...this guys are like Nintendo....too late to take significant decisions!

The idea of 3 teams is good, but I bet that the sales won't be the same anymore....there is enough hype about TitanFall coming, and if the game live to the expectations that 3-year development teams will become financially not viable.

There will still be Battlefield, and who knows more franchises like Halo coming, while the total number of gamers stays roughly the same.

I wish them well, but I can't stop thinking that this idea comes a little too late.

like2nap03

ichilenozo wrote:

Really?.....muhahahaha...this guys are like Nintendo....too late to take significant decisions!

The idea of 3 teams is good, but I bet that the sales won't be the same anymore....there is enough hype about TitanFall coming, and if the game live to the expectations that 3-year development teams will become financially not viable.

There will still be Battlefield, and who knows more franchises like Halo coming, while the total number of gamers stays roughly the same.

I wish them well, but I can't stop thinking that this idea comes a little too late.

A lot of games in the past had hype and turned out terrible.  Not saying this one will, but I learned my lesson a while ago on buying into hype. 

I don't know.  I don't see this as a bad thing.  Sledgehammer has been involved before.  We'll see what happens.  I honestly hope extra time goes into debugging these games instead of making them look pretty or something.  Maybe someone will do something innovative again.  Who knows. 

nintendon't

More years doesn't really mean better quality. Look at GTA Vice City, made in only 8 months and had like 10x the quality and content of any COD.

chad111

I heard that they can now complete the extra maps and include them on the disc now.