38 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2014 1:34 PM by TheDarkOne123 RSS

    A solution?

      I have an idea, let's all get each other's psn accounts, we will play a private match so nobody's stats are affected. We'll play any game mode, although most preferably we'll play something objective, just to make a point. We have a standard 6v6 game. Here's the catch, everyone has to find a corner near where they spawn and stay there, you cannot move, you cannot lean out, you can't go for the objective, and you can only kill someone who passes in front of you, oh wait. You just sit in a corner the entire game. Now we play the waiting game and see how much fun it is and who wins and who gets the most kills. I'm not trying to offend campers but they depend on movement and people rushing to get kills, flip spawns so you can opportunistically cap an unguarded flag, etc. But let's put the shoe on the other foot and see how antsy they can get, how much fun they can have, how well they can win if everyone sits in a corner the entire match. Is that fun? Why does everyone always think me me me. Pathetic, honestly. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, but if you are bad at the game, don't feel ashamed, everyone has to work hard to be better at whatever they are doing, so if you are not good, get better, learn from others and what they do. No body walked out of their mother's womb, it's called baby steps for a reason, and I'm pretty sure you weren't scared to continue trying to walk because you get back up and do it again when you're a baby. Everyone says I play for my entertainment, but what about others, you ruin their experience when they work hard to almost get a kem, but kill them 1 off cause you stay in a corner attempting to ruin their fun. Just respect your fellow gamers, have fun, run around, kill things, stop being so selfish, and make the game enjoyable for all. If you want to defend camping fine, but walk in someone else's shoes and see from their point of view. I used to be a camper, I used to not be very good at the game, but I got better in time by actually running around and improving my gun skill, awareness, etc. Honestly I get that people camp because they may not be good, so they try to find shortcuts, but there is no substitute for hard work. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. You cannot expect immediate success, and if you choose to cheat yourself, that's your fault, but don't cheat everyone else out of their fun and make them suffer because of you.

       

      Sorry for the rant, I just want the community to come together to have a fun game, forget stats, forget who's better, just have fun, many people took me under their wing so I could learn to be better, and I'm sure for those willing to try, people would try to help you out too.

        • Re: A solution?
          TheBeastlyDude

          Would you like my paypal email address so you can send me $60 to pay for my game for me to play how you would like?

            • Re: A solution?

              Seriously, the online community is public, not private, I'm not paying you anything, I def did not say you cannot camp, I said to think about others, so do not attack me, that's all you seem to do in this community, I've been reading for a while. What I suggested was for the greater good, think about the bigger picture, think about everyone not yourself. If you play with others online, then you are not playing for yourself, you have teammates and fellow gamers. Don't be conceited.

                • Re: A solution?
                  TheBeastlyDude

                  Where am I attacking you? You said players should think about others when they play to make it more enjoyable. I have absolutely no interest in making the game more enjoyable for anyone other than me. I don't find it enjoyable when I get killed in the game, so to make the game more enjoyable, should no one ever kill me?

                   

                  What is enjoyable for you is not enjoyable for everyone. I find it enjoyable to play how I play because it is fun for me. If that includes camping or using tags on KC as bait, shouldn't I be able to do it?

                   

                  If campers are so rampant in this game, and camping is not enjoyable, why does so many do it? If you play a video game and you are not having fun, then why are you playing it?

                   

                  Just because others are playing with me online, it doesn't mean I shouldn't play for myself. Nobody else paid for my game. You want people to rush around and have your definition of fun. You don't care about other gamers who have fun playing the way that they do, including campers.

                   

                  I may sound selfish but I play more for my teammates than most players on this game. I play to win. If that means I have to camp, I am camping. If that means I got to noobtube, then I will noobtube. If that means laying in the grass with a tactical knife and a ghillie suit, then that's what I do.

                   

                  I am not conceited, I am cheap. If I spend $60, I am spending it on myself and not on other's enjoyment.

                    • Re: A solution?

                      Also why are you speaking for me, you are stating that I said things I did not. Furthermore, I do care about other gamers, did you not see the part where I said if people are willing, others are willing to help them get better? Did you not see the part about making it more fun for all,  not just a few? I did not say this was for rushers, I said this is for all. not everyone rushes, but they do move, they do traverse the map in a strategic way, doesn't mean hiding in corners, just means they learn where the enemy may be positioned, and knowing where their team is at to know if they have their back covered or not. Don't assume dude, or you'll make an ass out of u and me.

                • Re: A solution?

                  You said I should pay you, for what? You also made snide comments in another thread of mine where thankfully others stood up for me. You play to win? Are you sure, you just said you do not play for anyone but yourself. If you read my entire post, I stated that you cannot expect immediate success, and you don't have fun because of your high expectations to begin with. When I started playing cod I was terrible, others taught me how to get better, you are missing other points in this post cause all you read was camper and was immediately on guard. Read through again, objectively not subjectively. And no where did I state camping was "rampant." This post was intended for outlook for everyone for us all to come together to make a more enjoyable experience for all, you turn this into an argument. If you are here to troll you'll be ignored. No dying is not enjoyable and I stated that I understand that, you must have missed that too, but the enjoyable thing is seeing progress and getting better and working hard to succeed, not just having it handed to you or finding shortcuts. By the way, paying for the game does not give you the right to make others miserable, just a poor excuse.

                    • Re: A solution?
                      TheBeastlyDude

                      xCDIZZLEx wrote:

                       

                      You play to win? Are you sure, you just said you do not play for anyone but yourself.

                      Yes, I play to win. That is my goal and my goal alone. I don't expect anyone on my team to go for the win, all I can do is try to win on my side. Like I said, if it means I am camping and waiting for that one player who is 24-0 to run by me so I can kill him and stop him from getting a KEM strike, then that is what I will do.

                      xCDIZZLEx wrote:

                       

                      If you read my entire post, I stated that you cannot expect immediate success, and you don't have fun because of your high expectations to begin with. When I started playing cod I was terrible, others taught me how to get better, you are missing other points in this post cause all you read was camper and was immediately on guard.

                      So your assumption is that rushers are better players than campers? Who said or gave out the creed that camping is an unsuccessful way to play? If it is so unsuceessful, then why do so many players have a hard time dealing with them?

                      xCDIZZLEx wrote:

                       

                      And no where did I state camping was "rampant." This post was intended for outlook for everyone for us all to come together to make a more enjoyable experience for all, you turn this into an argument.

                      If camping was not rampant, then there was no reason to post a rant about how only a few campers are ruining the enjoyment of all the rushers out there. Once again, you assume rushing is the only enjoyable experience in this game while I find, along with many players on my friends list, that playing tactically according to what is going on in the game more enjoyable. If that means camping to make sure we win, then that is what we will do.

                      xCDIZZLEx wrote:

                       

                      the enjoyable thing is seeing progress and getting better and working hard to succeed, not just having it handed to you or finding shortcuts. By the way, paying for the game does not give you the right to make others miserable, just a poor excuse.

                      And again, you assume that rushing is a better play style than camping. I have to work very hard at camping to not get ran over by a skilled rusher. That includes making use of tacticals, lethal explosives, teammates and knowing the map. Paying for the game gives me the right to play how I find enjoyable as long as it is not breaking the rules of the developer. Since camping is not breaking the rules of the developer, I will do what I want as long as I have fun on it. Once I don't have fun, I switch games.

                    • Re: A solution?

                      I have said nothing about rushing being better or camping being unsuccesful, if you put words in my mouth one more time I'm just gonna report you, i'm not dealing with you twisting things, i'm trying to find a solution for all and you assume i'm talking about rushing, i'm talking about just playing the game. You are clearly trolling, ffs your emblem is a troll. By not being successful maybe i'm just stating that in general you are not doing very well, could be kd or not winning or whatever it may be that you yourself are not achieving by your standards.

                        • Re: A solution?
                          TheBeastlyDude

                          xCDIZZLEx wrote:

                           

                          I have said nothing about rushing being better or camping being unsuccesful, if you put words in my mouth one more time I'm just gonna report you, i'm not dealing with you twisting things, i'm trying to find a solution for all and you assume i'm talking about rushing, i'm talking about just playing the game. You are clearly trolling, ffs your emblem is a troll. By not being successful maybe i'm just stating that in general you are not doing very well, could be kd or not winning or whatever it may be that you yourself are not achieving by your standards.

                          What I call rushing is people who move around a map. If I was talking about headless chickens, I would bring up headless chickens. Your whole original post starts about how if everyone camps, nobody would get kills. You talk down to campers because you don't find it fun to sit in a corner to wait for a kill. "Now we play the waiting game and see how much fun it is and who wins and who gets the most kills. I'm not trying to offend campers but they depend on movement and people rushing to get kills, flip spawns so you can opportunistically cap an unguarded flag, etc. But let's put the shoe on the other foot and see how antsy they can get, how much fun they can have, how well they can win if everyone sits in a corner the entire match. Is that fun?" You then proceed to call campers bad in the sentence after calling those player pathetic. " I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, but if you are bad at the game, don't feel ashamed, everyone has to work hard to be better at whatever they are doing, so if you are not good, get better, learn from others and what they do."


                          Here. you decide to tell everyone that running around (heaven's forbid if i use the word rushing) would make the game more enjoyable. "Just respect your fellow gamers, have fun, run around, kill things, stop being so selfish, and make the game enjoyable for all." and all I said was what you find enjoyable is not what others find enjoyable. You want other players to play like you want them to play and not camping in a corner.


                          Here is some more of you talking down to campers: "Honestly I get that people camp because they may not be good, so they try to find shortcuts, but there is no substitute for hard work."  So you assume that most campers are not good and they are just finding shortcuts? That they don't put in hard work? I didn't realize moving a joystick was so difficult.


                          " I just want the community to come together to have a fun game, forget stats, forget who's better, just have fun, many people took me under their wing so I could learn to be better, and I'm sure for those willing to try, people would try to help you out too."  Once again, who says I am not having fun while camping?

                            • Re: A solution?

                              you missed the words may not, which means they could be bad, idk. I'm saying if everyone camped it wouldn't be fun, so there ya go. I said I am not trying to offend campers, so there ya go. I'm merely giving a view point as to how it feels on the other side. I did not say everyone had to play the way I want, so make another excuse. Ever heard of a thing called map control, flanking, pinching, 3 at A 2 at B and one sit mid map challenge this guy but not that guy, engage that guy, or hold on i'll come help, moving strategically or anything of the sort? It doesn't mean we have to rush balls to the wall into spawns killing 9 people at a time. I've stated before that if you expect immediate success then your standards are too high to begin with, hence why you may not have fun, but progressing should be fun. You personally attacked me in two of my posts now saying things that I did not and just bad mouthing me. I'll give you one last chance. And you are manipulating and twisting words again dude, stop, last warning.

                                • Re: A solution?
                                  TheBeastlyDude

                                  xCDIZZLEx wrote:

                                   

                                  you missed the words may not, which means they could be bad, idk. I'm saying if everyone camped it wouldn't be fun, so there ya go. I said I am not trying to offend campers, so there ya go. I'm merely giving a view point as to how it feels on the other side. I did not say everyone had to play the way I want, so make another excuse. Ever heard of a thing called map control, flanking, pinching, 3 at A 2 at B and one sit mid map challenge this guy but not that guy, engage that guy, or hold on i'll come help, moving strategically or anything of the sort? It doesn't mean we have to rush balls to the wall into spawns killing 9 people at a time. I've stated before that if you expect immediate success then your standards are too high to begin with, hence why you may not have fun, but progressing should be fun. You personally attacked me in two of my posts now saying things that I did not and just bad mouthing me. I'll give you one last chance. And you are manipulating and twisting words again dude, stop, last warning.

                                  I didn't miss the words "may not" but you obviously missed my word "most". You may not be trying to offend campers but you did. Just like saying the statement "Not trying to be racist" and proceeding it with a racist remark doesn't mean the statement was not racist. And no, you didn't say everyone had to play the way you want, you said the only fun way to play is to not camp and I disagree with you. I have yet to attack you, I have disagreed with you. Disagreeing is not attacking.

                                    • Re: A solution?

                                      No what you did was twist my words, you said I said things that I didn't, and you just need to stop now, because you just admitted I disproved what you tried to accuse me of. Stay off my threads if you are just gonna be hateful. I tried to get "campers" to look through a different lens and instead you just go on the attack. I proposed an idea if nobody moved how fun it would be, and you go on the offensive. If you would have just disagreed and offered an intelligent rebuttal it would have been different, but instead you attempt to make me look like a bad guy. Maybe I could have worded some things differently and approached it differently and I admit that mistake, but you turn a let's have fun as a community thread into a hate thread.

                                        • Re: A solution?
                                          TheBeastlyDude

                                          Since I am going home from work here in a few minutes, I will let the responses speak for themselves. Sorry that you couldn't handle someone disagreeing with you and hope that some day, you will be able to. I am going to go play the game, camp in a corner and have fun. Enjoy yourself this weekend.

                                    • Re: A solution?

                                      I said people thinking me me me is pathetic, I did not call campers bad the sentence after either, and I said in general if you are not good at the game, I did not specifically say campers. I said ppl camp cause they "may not" be good at the game, meaning idk, they could or could not be. Twist my words some more guy. I encouraged people to learn from others, get better if they are willing, so idk what your point is other than to attack me at this point. I also have not said a word about me wanting people to play like me, and how do you know how I play? I said run around kill things in general, like make it more lively and just get out there and play, no ill will, but you are making this full of hate for no reason. i offered to help every single person with this post, but you ignore those parts. Don't attack me again.

                                        • Re: A solution?
                                          TheBeastlyDude

                                          xCDIZZLEx wrote:

                                           

                                          I said people thinking me me me is pathetic, I did not call campers bad the sentence after either, and I said in general if you are not good at the game, I did not specifically say campers. I said ppl camp cause they "may not" be good at the game, meaning idk, they could or could not be. Twist my words some more guy. I encouraged people to learn from others, get better if they are willing, so idk what your point is other than to attack me at this point. I also have not said a word about me wanting people to play like me, and how do you know how I play? I said run around kill things in general, like make it more lively and just get out there and play, no ill will, but you are making this full of hate for no reason. i offered to help every single person with this post, but you ignore those parts. Don't attack me again.

                                          So you go from talking about campers, said people thinking me me me is pathetic and you did not say, "in general, if you are not good at the game", you said "but if you are bad at the game". Taking your whole statement in context, you were talking about campers.

                                           

                                          If you want to help the players who you feel are not having fun camping, say so but attacking them to "help every single person" is not helping. And once again, I am not attacking you, I am disagreeing. If you feel I am attacking you, please show me where and if I am, I will be the first to apologize.

                                            • Re: A solution?

                                              It was a seperate sentance, so the context of that statement was in that statement. If you are bad at the game, means in genereal, it did not say campers, if you are not good at the game. You read too much into it there. You over-thought it. When I said if you are not good at the game it could mean a number of things, like if you are new, if you just haven't got the hang of it, if you are struggling. I can agree that it could mean if you camp due to struggles attempting to move around, but it did not mean directly campers, it was generalized towards anyone struggling. I even offered encouraging words after I said if you are bad at the game, I said do not be ashamed and work to get better if you are willing, learn from others, and that everyone has to start somewhere basically, why can you not see the good in any of that?

                                      • Re: A solution?
                                        BlackhawkbillOO7

                                        Moderators please remove this worthless rant…Thank you...

                                          • Re: A solution?

                                            Thank you for not contributing to the community coming together.

                                              • Re: A solution?
                                                BlackhawkbillOO7

                                                You post a wall of text that is nothing more than your dissatisfaction with campers or corner campers…and try to explain it away as some sort of community outreach…Go find another game to kumbaya in…This is Call of Duty!!! It's a game based on killing in order to win!!! If you would like tips on setups to counter a camper then let me know…as I am well versed in the art of camping…LMAO!!!

                                                  • Re: A solution?

                                                    Can you just please stay off my thread if you are not trying to contribute.

                                                      • Re: A solution?
                                                        BlackhawkbillOO7

                                                        Can you please post something worthy of contribution?

                                                          • Re: A solution?

                                                            I tried, I want the entire community to play together and have fun but you didn't read thru. You just want to bash another person on the forum. This is why nobody but the regulars come to these forums, they can't say anything without being bashed for it.

                                                              • Re: A solution?
                                                                BlackhawkbillOO7

                                                                Sir, I am not trying to bash you in any way. My point is that you posted yet another forum rant. That is all…I would love to have opened up this post and seen something like "A Solution" to reducing weapon climb when firing. "A Solution" to hit markers with a Sniper Rifle…Anything that would actually be beneficial. Your post was well written but your topic and solution are what was off to me. If you wanted open gaming workshop to help new players that'd be cool. I'd actually be interested in assisting, but the way you started your post was very degrading and dismissive and you yourself even state at the end that it was a rant.   

                                                                  • Re: A solution?

                                                                    It was an attention getter at the beginning, I can admit that, and yes it could've been worded differently, I'll give you that, however, it was to intended to perhaps let "campers" feel for it to be on the other side of camping, thus the what if everyone camped thing, or what if you were a rusher and I just sat in a corner all game. I know it was going to be controversial, but I didn't intend offense, and I even apologized and said I was not trying to offend, though I know some will not forgive that.

                                                                      • Re: A solution?
                                                                        BlackhawkbillOO7

                                                                        I can understand wanting to grab the attention of someone scrolling through the forums, and I do apologize if I came across as hostile or argumentative. I've played this game for many years and have seen the evolution of the series throughout those years. I've also seen the decline in substantive forum posts. I'm sure your intent was sincere in trying to help others. I would just like to see basic sportsmanship return to gaming rather than the BS name calling or blaming when someone loses a match. The first words out of my mouth before a match begins is "Good Luck" that's even my clans motto. When the match is over, whether we won or lost, is good game. Unless of course the other team is a bunch of douches. Lol!

                                                        • Re: A solution?
                                                          Myrokor

                                                          I just saw this after posting a similar thought in another post. I'd play if others are willing to teach to help me to improve.

                                                          • Re: A solution?
                                                            gramthenOOb

                                                            It's a forum, not a blog. You posted your opinion and not everyone will agree with it. Reporting that people are abusing you if they do not agree is not the right way to handle it.

                                                             

                                                            Getting back on topic, I do believe that camping has a purpose in this game. If everyone did nothing but be mobile the whole game, defense would be non-existent, and the game would get quite boring. Also, it would eliminate the functionality of sniper rifles.

                                                              • Re: A solution?

                                                                Nah, it wasn't that he was disagreeing with me. That would have been fine, it was him trying to twist and manipulate my words and such. It came off more like a personal attack by doing that rather than just a disagreement. It most definitely would not have been for simply disagreeing with me. Working together is better as two heads are better than more. But sniping, playing defense, etc. is different than flat out camping. You can flank, pinch, etc.. and then hold mid map or something, not just stay posted in your spawn. Besides many people don't even use snipers as the long range weapons they are suppose to be anyway.

                                                              • Re: A solution?
                                                                ghamorra

                                                                *Watches 5 second Killcam. Assumes the entirety of that Killcam is how the person plays the whole match

                                                                • Re: A solution?
                                                                  milo-iq

                                                                  Your thread is titled solution, you then  rant on about campers where's the solution apart from asking ppl not to camp

                                                                  • Re: A solution?
                                                                    Windchasers2k

                                                                    You all are very entertaining! Thank you!

                                                                    • Re: A solution?
                                                                      Izjar11

                                                                      xCDIZZLEx wrote:

                                                                       

                                                                      Sorry for the rant, I just want the community to come together to have a fun game, forget stats, forget who's better, just have fun, many people took me under their wing so I could learn to be better, and I'm sure for those willing to try, people would try to help you out too.

                                                                      if you were sincere about this you wouldn't have created this silly rant.