1 76 77 78 79 80 Previous Next 897 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2014 3:38 PM by ButterflyDream Go to original post RSS
      • 770. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
        Bielsalmighty

This guy from BO1 was stupidly good. It was a game on Nuketown and he was bombing it around with a sniper smacking everyone. Haven't seen the likes of him before or since. Considering how good he was with the BO1 snipers I'd hate to run into him on this title, where sniping is markedly easier!

• 771. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
          TheDarkOne123

Because I am a great sniper and when I try to go quickscoping I go negative when I snipe the enemy team despises me because there is no escape from me. Snipers only need more sway and flinch and they need sticky aim removed they don't need any irrational nerf. The snipers need tweaks not nerfs big difference that's why I call what you are saying an exaggeration they already have broken features so nerfing them even more would make them useless unless ALL maps are Stonehaven sized or bigger. The Thermal Sight is broken in a good way and bad way for the snipers the good way is it has no sway the bad way is it has no zoom. So they need to make it have way more zoom and way more sway for the Thermal Sight on the snipers. The Acog Scope is broken completely so it needs less sway. The Lynx is broken when it comes to damage it needs it's damage set at ninety five percent so when it hits a damage multiplier it's a guaranteed kill. Because it has a very slow aim time with out the Thermal Sight. The L115 needs more damage multipliers so it can get a one shot kill with the silencer on if they hit the upper chest. The sniper in all arcade games has always been harder to used then the other guns however it wasn't impossible for close range kills if they had skill.

• 772. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
            Adam1234567897

It seems like everyone thinks that sniping is taboo. Why is that?

• 773. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
              THExVeng3anc3

It's just a touchy subject.  There's a lot of people that can relate to it in some way or another, so when one person says "reg-gunning/quickscoping is OP" a lot of people are attracted to it. 

• 774. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                iivrruummii

People don't like getting killed because they have such high egos.  A guy can go 10-20 and die a sniper/quickscoper once and he will range only about that 1 death not the other 19.  If there is a good sniper/quickscoper, or otherwise a top 1% player, and he gets 30 kills, he is somehow cheating or exploiting yet 99% of players in TDM cannot above 20 kills in a game using "full auto rifles and MGs".

It really comes down to egos.  If you think that you are the best at something and when you get defeated you try to make up excuses to why you keep doing bad instead of admitting that you are not the best.  I may have a enormous ego but I at least accept my own faults, instead of trying to scapegoat everything.  Quickscoping in general is nothing more than people using sniper rifles.  Snipers really haven't had a use in competitive gaming/MLG since Halo.  Most SMGs and ARs are more practical and more reliable.  You may get 5 kills easier with a sniper but then you get 30 deaths because the weapons major faults, whereas a AR you are more likely to get more of a balance between dying and killing.

Another thing, if snipers become too hard then why would anyone use them?  They become such a disadvantage in any situation that you cannot contribute.  Ya you may get 5-10 kills in DOM but how does getting so few kills actually contribute to winning?  You are not pushing the enemy back by repeatedly killing them as they leave their base.  You are killing them off the objective you already own which means that they are already on the attack.  Once they kill you then they are open and in the free to capture.  If you were pushed up and you died with an AR or SMG, by the time you spawned and gathered yourself you would be meeting the opponents at the B-flag to kill them off or recapture it immediately.

Quickscoping just makes snipers practical in publics, but are still completely useless at the competitive level.  If they were so OP, cheap, or exploitation then why don't all the pros use snipers?  Really the only thing quickscoping is good at doing is killing skill-less opponents.  If you are good at the game and are bored of using ARs and SMGs, snipers become a challenge to most.  Ya you may have a couple of good games here and their but when you can play the objective, get CQC kills, and be the determining factor for winning or losing then you not get punished.  There is nothing punishing the people for doing good with ARs or SMGs, yet if you quickscope then you somehow should get punished?  Doesn't seem right.

I have yet to play with snipers in BF4 or other shooters but they play a big part in those games, close and long ranges.  Yes they are more effective at long ranges in those games, but when you start playing against players that struggles with shooting, then sniping at close ranges becomes a breeze.  Once you start learning how the weapon works you can eventually start killing higher skilled players.

Only about 5% of gamers(just a guess from experience) have the necessary potential to be "good" at any game.

High egos do play a big part in how people view certain things.  If someone things that snipers are useless and then gets killed by one their predicted reaction is to complain that something wasn't "fair".

Arguing about quickscoping is just semantics.  There really is no compromise.  You either leave it in for the minority who enjoy it, or get rid of it for the minority who hate the others for enjoying it.

I have use snipers since COD4 and since MW2 snipers have gotten much harder.  In MW2 they were accessible, now they are just for a select few amount of players.  To me it seems like the ones that are hating quickscoping are segregating the quickscopers from "their" game.  It also seems that these haters are just so mad they are not enjoying the game, that they have to ruin it for the ones that are actually enjoying it.  Again this is about ego.  Ego is blurring the lines between opinions and facts.  People keep trying to make facts out of their opinions, why do you think that 9 out of 10 of complaints about quickscopers are opinions.  Every once and a while someone has some facts that may contribute to something but then they go and display their opinion about quickscopers and/or how something should be instead of making a compromise.

To most of these quickscope haters, there will never be a compromise, and that is the biggest problem with the community.  Since release of Ghosts the snipers have at least 5 fixes from MW3 to make them "worse" yet people are still quickscoping and still enjoying to use them.  And to this day people are still complaining about them.  So again this is more about ego than "balance" or "fairness".  It is just about these high ego players who just want to ruin the game for these players no matter the cost.

TTDR:  High ego hater going to hate on others for having fun.

• 775. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                  ooOutraageousoo

AMMO_MAGNET wrote:

i have over 10 days playtime and i am not that good (about a 2kd on tdm). i have only ran into 2 snipers i could not handle and neither of them were running around quickscoping. i have been up against quickscopers that were really good but not any that had a significant advantage in a 1 on 1 close range battle.

A 2 KDR in TDM is very good seeing as the average is below 1...

Don't underestimate yourself Bud... You're doing alright...

• 776. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                    ooOutraageousoo

TheDarkOne123 wrote:

Because I am a great sniper and when I try to go quickscoping I go negative when I snipe the enemy team despises me because there is no escape from me. Snipers only need more sway and flinch and they need sticky aim removed they don't need any irrational nerf. The snipers need tweaks not nerfs big difference that's why I call what you are saying an exaggeration they already have broken features so nerfing them even more would make them useless unless ALL maps are Stonehaven sized or bigger. The Thermal Sight is broken in a good way and bad way for the snipers the good way is it has no sway the bad way is it has no zoom. So they need to make it have way more zoom and way more sway for the Thermal Sight on the snipers. The Acog Scope is broken completely so it needs less sway. The Lynx is broken when it comes to damage it needs it's damage set at ninety five percent so when it hits a damage multiplier it's a guaranteed kill. Because it has a very slow aim time with out the Thermal Sight. The L115 needs more damage multipliers so it can get a one shot kill with the silencer on if they hit the upper chest. The sniper in all arcade games has always been harder to used then the other guns however it wasn't impossible for close range kills if they had skill.

If all of that is true, and I will gladly take your word for it, then your suggestions sound fair enough to me...

• 777. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                      ooOutraageousoo

Adam1234567897 wrote:

It seems like everyone thinks that sniping is taboo. Why is that?

Well my guess would be the invention of the terms Hardscope and Quickscope by the tweenies who like to disparage the proper use of Sniper rifles... You know "Sniping from a concealed position"?

It's more likely that than anything like proper Snipers being tarred by the same brush as the Objective ignoring, Negative KDing, Trickshot practicing kids...

You'll not here much in the way of insults to a proper Sniper who tries to go positive in a TDM...

• 778. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                        ooOutraageousoo

iivrruummii wrote:

People don't like getting killed because they have such high egos.  A guy can go 10-20 and die a sniper/quickscoper once and he will range only about that 1 death not the other 19.  If there is a good sniper/quickscoper, or otherwise a top 1% player, and he gets 30 kills, he is somehow cheating or exploiting yet 99% of players in TDM cannot above 20 kills in a game using "full auto rifles and MGs".

It really comes down to egos.  If you think that you are the best at something and when you get defeated you try to make up excuses to why you keep doing bad instead of admitting that you are not the best.  I may have a enormous ego but I at least accept my own faults, instead of trying to scapegoat everything.  Quickscoping in general is nothing more than people using sniper rifles.  Snipers really haven't had a use in competitive gaming/MLG since Halo.  Most SMGs and ARs are more practical and more reliable.  You may get 5 kills easier with a sniper but then you get 30 deaths because the weapons major faults, whereas a AR you are more likely to get more of a balance between dying and killing.

Another thing, if snipers become too hard then why would anyone use them?  They become such a disadvantage in any situation that you cannot contribute.  Ya you may get 5-10 kills in DOM but how does getting so few kills actually contribute to winning?  You are not pushing the enemy back by repeatedly killing them as they leave their base.  You are killing them off the objective you already own which means that they are already on the attack.  Once they kill you then they are open and in the free to capture.  If you were pushed up and you died with an AR or SMG, by the time you spawned and gathered yourself you would be meeting the opponents at the B-flag to kill them off or recapture it immediately.

Quickscoping just makes snipers practical in publics, but are still completely useless at the competitive level.  If they were so OP, cheap, or exploitation then why don't all the pros use snipers?  Really the only thing quickscoping is good at doing is killing skill-less opponents.  If you are good at the game and are bored of using ARs and SMGs, snipers become a challenge to most.  Ya you may have a couple of good games here and their but when you can play the objective, get CQC kills, and be the determining factor for winning or losing then you not get punished.  There is nothing punishing the people for doing good with ARs or SMGs, yet if you quickscope then you somehow should get punished?  Doesn't seem right.

I have yet to play with snipers in BF4 or other shooters but they play a big part in those games, close and long ranges.  Yes they are more effective at long ranges in those games, but when you start playing against players that struggles with shooting, then sniping at close ranges becomes a breeze.  Once you start learning how the weapon works you can eventually start killing higher skilled players.

Only about 5% of gamers(just a guess from experience) have the necessary potential to be "good" at any game.

High egos do play a big part in how people view certain things.  If someone things that snipers are useless and then gets killed by one their predicted reaction is to complain that something wasn't "fair".

Arguing about quickscoping is just semantics.  There really is no compromise.  You either leave it in for the minority who enjoy it, or get rid of it for the minority who hate the others for enjoying it.

I have use snipers since COD4 and since MW2 snipers have gotten much harder.  In MW2 they were accessible, now they are just for a select few amount of players.  To me it seems like the ones that are hating quickscoping are segregating the quickscopers from "their" game.  It also seems that these haters are just so mad they are not enjoying the game, that they have to ruin it for the ones that are actually enjoying it.  Again this is about ego.  Ego is blurring the lines between opinions and facts.  People keep trying to make facts out of their opinions, why do you think that 9 out of 10 of complaints about quickscopers are opinions.  Every once and a while someone has some facts that may contribute to something but then they go and display their opinion about quickscopers and/or how something should be instead of making a compromise.

To most of these quickscope haters, there will never be a compromise, and that is the biggest problem with the community.  Since release of Ghosts the snipers have at least 5 fixes from MW3 to make them "worse" yet people are still quickscoping and still enjoying to use them.  And to this day people are still complaining about them.  So again this is more about ego than "balance" or "fairness".  It is just about these high ego players who just want to ruin the game for these players no matter the cost.

TTDR:  High ego hater going to hate on others for having fun.

With respect, that's completely untrue... Most people who "hate" quickscoping, have just had enough of losing a game because they have quickscope wannabes on their team... I mean really, be honest, when was the last time you heard anyone say something like, "QS is Overpowered" or "That's not fair, that Quickscoper completely dominated in that game"...

The big "Egos" are that of the wannabes who think going 5 kills and 10 deaths is acceptable behaviour (because of that one l337 shot tho )...

• 779. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                          Leader_of_Pwnage

Quickscoping is just something that us gamers can pull off. If you can pull it off you can do great, but if u r a slight bit off u can miss and well  fail. So don't be raging when ur quickscoped, I hate when people do that. Either kill them first or keep getting killed, its as simple as that.

Leader_of_Pwnage

1 76 77 78 79 80 Previous Next