16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2014 6:38 AM by Momba1 RSS

Nervous of VAC

PreX'

Yeah, yeah. It's me Stylez from BO2 PC. Anyways, i'm kinda scared about the VAC on Ghosts. I've opened up FOV launcher and it gave me a warning saying that they're banning people for using FOV changers or any 3rd part software. Honestly, it's not right. That i spent $60 and i can't play a game because all the players left it. Come on, let us use FOV Changers. Nobody is gonna play this game because we all need FOV Changers. I'm kinda worried that i'll get banned along with other people for using FOV changer i haven't used it since last week. I was about to use it today until i got the warning message.. Soo, somebody please tell me i have nothing to worry about... I never modded or cheated before. I don't want this to be my first VAC ban because of a FOV Changer.

• Re: Nervous of VAC

Agreed. I don't own Ghosts but seeing it doesn't have a FOV changer, they should not ban users for using one. It gives you no real advantage other than more to see which is something standard in FPS games (especially should be, its PC) and considering the vast amount of users using it and after a tweet in January that stated it was allowed from a Activision representative, and banned for a FOV changer on a game that people spent money to buy. Not cool.

Postmanliver

In my opinion all the players who change FOV, this stupid idiots who seek even the slightest edge.

You also have to remember, some players cant play on standard FOV as well and some have amazing setups and monitors they want to use, I personally have a decent monitor and I'd wanna be able to use it with 90 FOV or like other games like Battlefield and see my surroundings

Well thank God  that no one asked for your opinion. Build a gaming pc and then come back to argue with ones who already have one. If you do not like pc and it`s possibilities maybe you should buy a console. Do us a favour leave us alone! Stupid idiots? You are out of mind. You are the only idiot here. 

petermk60

if you understand human eye then your know  fov65 is not good for some as it makes them ill  .as for giving edge you need it with all the hackers in game ,

Momba1

Really, you really think that?! BF4's built-in FoV option is 120, not 65, 75, 85 or 90 but 120! DICE wasn't so stupid to think players would eat sh*t pie and have a grin of joy. If everyone has the same FoV option and ditto up until recently the FREE MapMods FoV option then there's NO advantage. A 65 FoV makes me sick to play and since the third-party ban was in effect I uninstalled/deleted MapMods and after ~5 games I quit Ghosts! Bravo IW, bravo!

The human eye sees ~180 FoV, so if tossing a fishbowl on your and running around with it is fun then go for it.

Meanwhile (ETA FoV) hopefully I'll get hooked on anther game and never come back, I've had it -- it's one damn thing after another. If anything the hackers have 'upped' their crap and it's worst than ever!

Culay

Don't drama now.. They said that will add FOV changer in game menu with next update, no ETA.

Mr_Pistolero

Yes make sure you don't use it or you will be banned.

What I'm more worried about is if game recording programs like Fraps or Bandicam are also bannable.

does anyone have any info on this?

You can't just ban game recording software, also it doesn't change your game files in any way so it wouldn't be something that can get you banned. Also, even if that happened, most of the bigger people who upload YT and record use capture cards even on their PCs so it wouldn't be the biggest issue but sure would be bad for PC gamers who would like to record without spending $80+ for a nice HD capture device.

FOV actually has no distinct advantage, to say one was trying to get a leg up is just ignorant. We are playing PC not sitting across the room with a controller. Most players are only 2ft at the most away from their monitor/s. IMO 65 is a couch and console thing. Actually, upping your FOV can make things further away and smaller at longer distances and only slightly opens up your peripherals and thats the trade off. It seems they want us to plug a controller in our PCs and sit on our couches Lmao, Not gonna happen.

kettle84

i do

Momba1

LMAO I measured it, I'm 14" nose to screen panel on my 2560x1440 27" monitor. Trust me when I say I see you first and I'm ready to puke after 2~3 games with a 65 FoV!

Worst for whatever reason all I see now is Chop compounded by tons of Tearing, in complete contrast using my MapMods FoV @ 90 was both Chop & Tearing free.

See you all later - http://i.imgur.com/utzRO4a.jpg

SnapOn

VAC won't ban for FOV changer... I've been using Foverly for last 2 weeks, about 20 hrs, nothing to worry.

Now since update Foverly don't work 'unable to write signature'. So I'm using the Agent Rev Ghosts FOV Changer. Still works.

I personally couldn't care if I was banned anyways, I will not be playing any more COD ever again, that's final.

Momba1

I have a reputation, many games and I'm in a Clan that has no toleration for Cheating in any game. If none of the aforementioned applied then I don't know what course of action I'd take...