26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 9:57 AM by OSPR3Y RSS

K/D

Skeets1point51

Why is still in the game?  If you want people to actually go after objectives then you'll take this stat out.  I also have no idea why a person with a sub 1.00 k/d is placed in the same lobby with someone over 2.00 k/d.  Is this some kind of sick joke?  Let's crap on the person with crappy k/d, and make him hate the game even more - AND ohh btw, NOT UPDATE WARGAMES so they actually enjoy the game anymore?

This is what happens now.  When I load into a game I check everyones k/d.  If someone has way over 1.00 I wait til the game starts.  If he's not on my team I leave.  It's that simple.  Then I get irritated, because if there's over 50k people playing this game, then your MATCHMAKING SHOULD PUT ME WITH PEOPLE OF LIKE ABILITY.

FIX THE GAME.

• Re: K/D
          simonm

but playing better players should help you to improve too !

JERMINITIS

While I get what you're saying about 'better players', k/d doesn't always indicate that someone is a good player.  I've seen plenty of people just camp it out it to build their k/d.  Nothing necessarily against campers, but different skills can prove a player's caliber as well.

WhosNxt0516

K/D is only a small portion of what someones ability is in objective games. There are plenty of top clans who have great players with a negative K/D. That is because they play the objective and their score per minute is insane. These people don't care about their K/D they care about winning.

They only time K/D can be measured as how good someone plays is in games like TDM, FFA, ect. Even then, in those non-objective games K/D can be misleading. Sure you can have a 3.0 K/D cause you camp and go 6/2 during the game. But that isn't the person I care to have on my team to be honest. I would like to have the guy with the 1.5 K/D that goes 30/20 because he is actually doing more for the team. So at the end of the day, I don't think K/D should be removed, but I think score per minute should be brought back like in Black Ops 1.

The guy who goes 6 and 2 is actually helping the team more that the guy going 30/20 if it's a kill based game type.  just because someone has more kills doesn't mean that is actually better.  the more kills you get, the better.  The less times you get killed is even better.  you aren't offering points to the other team.  K/D in a kill based game is everything.  If you go 50/38 you aren't helping the team as much as the guy whose 7/1.   

KC135R

Problem with K/D is like people have pointed out. It kills game modes like DOM. No one wants to cap because you die on flag B all the time AND if you are not the first person there then there really is no reason to run out and cap it. They other player gets the point.

Win/Loss is also worthless because you will almost ALWAYS be dropped into an existing game on the lossing side. If you back out you get a loss, if you stay in you get a loss.

WhosNxt0516

I do agree with this and they have done in my opinion a little bit to curb it. When you look at the lobby leader boards lets just use KC as an example. K/D isn't even listed as a stat to view. The only way you can see it is to actually look at the specific persons player card.

I think the best way to make it work is that on objective based game modes your K/D is not calculated. If it was that way people would play with no sh*ts givin' and the games would be a lot more fun. I still think on non-objective based game modes K/D should be calculated and count because it is the main stat that decides how good or bad you are at those game modes with a glance.

KC135R

Funny thing is I thought K/D was removed from things like Demolition in other titles. Maybe it was wishful thinking....

But like another poster pointed out, just play infected and you can run your K/D up high!

phxs72

I have no issue with removing kd from the stats but I believe that you are seriously overrating players with high kds.  If anything I find that most high kd players, turn tail and run as soon as they find themselves facing opponents with thumbs.  My advice to you is to stop looking at the stats and just play the game.  I only have a 1.18 kd but I can take on whole teams of 2+ kds with no issue.  Just because they have good stats doesn't make them great.  You are selling yourself short by not playing them.  And even if they do turn out to be great, you are missing out on an opportunity to grow yourself as a player which could make you one of the great ones someday.

WhosNxt0516

phxs72 wrote:

I have no issue with removing kd from the stats but I believe that you are seriously overrating players with high kds.  If anything I find that most high kd players, turn tail and run as soon as they find themselves facing opponents with thumbs.  My advice to you is to stop looking at the stats and just play the game.  I only have a 1.18 kd but I can take on whole teams of 2+ kds with no issue.  Just because they have good stats doesn't make them great.  You are selling yourself short by not playing them.  And even if they do turn out to be great, you are missing out on an opportunity to grow yourself as a player which could make you one of the great ones someday.

I could not have said this any better.

I have to echo the people saying that you should embrace the opportunity to play people with actual skill. Does KD represent that? Not always. Should it be removed from the game? No way. Theres a reason that it only shows up in 1 leaderboard list - TDM. This is the only area KD actually matters.

JetEye

K/D should only be tracked in playlists that it matters and definitely not globally.  I'm tired of kicking the other teams butt, by playing the objective and often going negative capping bases, and then having the losing team saying "Look at your K/D kid! Don't even talk!"  Why shouldn't I talk?  I kicked butt and played the objective unlike their k/d padding butts.  Seems like there is an abundance of people who covet K/D > all else and it's rather tiring.  Perhaps my K/D would be better if other people actually helped play the objective, instead of all by myself.

Skeets1point51

Remove K/D.

CarbonDon83

I just posted a new thread with same question. This is beyond CRAP so to speak. After having a chat with activision support on twitter about matchmaking I was asked "did you try to restart your console, if it did help let us know" ... I was like "guys are you even trying".. I get thrown in a game with 5 players below K/D  1 and the opposite team has an average K/D of 3 .. you should see the mess. and it happens 7 out of 10 games. I do manage to keep my K/D ratio at 1.4 BARELY since I'm new to COD franchise and FPS on consoles, but s**t, this makes me want to throw out the damn game, but 81$ for a game isn't a little amount (cost of the game in europe is 88$ = 65 euros)

rdnsnow

People still care about K/D?

KC135R

I only care because it lets me know I'm positive. I like knowing i kill more times than I am killed.

JetEye

KC135R wrote:

I only care because it lets me know I'm positive. I like knowing i kill more times than I am killed.

Why is killing more times than you kill important in objective games?  It's not.  You can win domination with 0 kills.

KC135R

it shouldnt, BUT since K/D is a stat that isnt suspended during objective games it can''t just be ignored.

I play HC DOM exclusively and I agree, W/L is a wasted stat too since you are dumped into losing games usually and get a loss if you quit.

The solution in my mind is to simply use points like BO2 did (I loved that! capping flags help get kill streaks..) OR to suspend the K/D calculator in games like DOM. Or give everyone that caps the flag the squad point.

But yes K/D is stupid in dom

1. because kills are a lot easier in DOM since you know the path people will take

2. there is a better stat to follow in dom which is number of CAPS. Why dont they track CAP vs Lost CAP or something like that?

So I agree with what you are saying and they should change it BUT since it is one of the only stats that is used then I cannot just ignore it in DOM.

kustom shoota

There are two problems with that.

Comedically, to all of our dissatisfaction, there just isn't a large enough player base for that to be possible.  I just like many others, would have thought that by now the Xbox1's population would be pushing 100k at night time, but whoa that's not the case.  This morning there were 10k people on.  I know it's a new console, but when there are 68 people in the Onslaught objective lobby, you aren't going to be able to efficiently parse through players the way people would like to lol...

The other thing is though, removing KD would not help with objective play either, because actually, the people in the range that you fall under, would probably have to use game time itself to sort of figure out who they need to watch for.

The same reason why you look in the lobby and back out if anyone over 1.00 is in there, is the same reason why the matches would have a similar filtration process.

However, just as a suggestion, I wouldn't leave games with people at a 1.00 on the other team, unless their W/L is something stupid like 5.00 or above, because then there may be a reason (c4/rockets/griefing of some sort).  I would say, a team of 2 1.2s is where, at your filtration process, I would start to bother leaving.  A solo 1.6 would be the other baseline.  This also doesn't take into account the sub 1.00s that are on your or the other team.  The other factor is the killstreaks you use.  If you use support streaks like BVs and Oracles, you will often indirectly make your team better too.  (note, these numbers are for domination, SnD the numbers are probably different)

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

My solution to stats whoring - I use X1's Live Gold sharing feature. I just created another Microsoft live account and now when I'm too tired to play "smart" I switch accounts and just run'n'gun with a buzzsaw or bulldog like a mad man. Some matches I go 45-20, some 20-45 and it's just pure visceral fun.

spangdhalem

Why would you leave because someone else K/D? I look at people's K/D and see that 2.0+ i now look at there win % if they are not holding at least a 1.4+ i just assume they are trash, and guess what most of the time they are and they back out soon after going negative or even in the game. Its all about the win %. I play mostly by my self and rather proud of my 1.445 win% and i hover around a 2.15-2.2 KD. My goal is to get my win to 2.0+ i would probably be there if this stupid game would stop putting me into games where the score is 150-50 in dom.

WhosNxt0516

Well this isn't the case for all games. I mainly play a lot of FFA so my W/L is like .774. My K/D for the week is 2.4 and my all time K/D is 1.7. I win a lot in FFA but it is far more likely I will lose 5 or 6 in a row than win 5 or 6 in a row. However, when I switch to TDM or KC after playing FFA it is like I'm in god mode for some reason. My K/D skyrockets to about 3.5 or so and I win a lot more than I lose.

The win loss isn't always accurate.  I have a positive K/D and I've gotten better since switching from Battlefield (Which had me all messed up in the beginning)  but when I play a game of Kill Confirmed and every player on my team is posted up and not getting tags, I lose.  I play alone and that's primarily the problem with the Win/Loss stat.  I'll watch video after video of "Good" players get 20 kill streaks, but see 15 moments where even a decent player could have killed him.  If I as a solo player got places in those noob lobbies then yeah, Wins go up, but since playing solo usually puts me on the team of terrible kids who lose, Obviously I lose.  You can't say Win/Loss makes someone bad or good individually.  If they have a good k/d and a meh win/loss they aren't trash, just unlucky.    

Skeets1point51

Well, I hear all your comments, but why is Kills and Deaths listed at the end of Objective based matches??  It doesn't belong there!

iamyourfather

Kd shouldnt be removed, but it should be a pain in the *** to get too when playing pub matches. You should have to click like 10 buttons just to see it. The only thing you should be able to see is WL, and they should bring back SPM.

DaddyDew

You shouldnt just look at k/d. You should look at all their stats to judge them (K/D, WIn loss, and kills per game). if someone has a k/d of 3-4 with only 10 kills a game they're trash

greyfryer67

For me, it is all about score per game, because it encompasses everything, objectives, kills, killstreaks  e.t.c.

I will always suicide for tags in kill confirmed because that is what wins games, if you are not in it to win it then what is the point.