1 72 73 74 75 76 Previous Next 786 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 2:33 PM by CHEFMARK72 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 730. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

not iw demo and spawntrapping mostly happened on nuketown

• 731. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

I almost always played in a party and any map if you know the spawns you can spawn trap as I already mentioned. DEM had fixed (broken) spawns and by far the easiest to spawn trap on any map. In DOM if you have A & B and as long as your team doesn't push too far with too many players then the opposing team always spawns at C.

Nuketown was Noobish easy to trap.

• 732. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

First and foremost I would really like to be able to play the DLC maps with a just team deatmatch playlist. I don't know why I am forced to play games I hate like kill confirmed when just to be able to play on the maps I bought. As it turns out I pretty much got suckered into paying $15.00 for just the Maverick Sniper rifle.

Next I would like to go over a few things that should definitely be fixed.

- People running around with shotguns (especially the bulldog) or combat knives is VERY annoying. Why is that effective or even aloud/made easy. People should not get a huge speed boost just because they only have a combat knife. People who want to do this have the maniac killstreak. The game doesn't need both. Shotguns should have way better range (especially slugs) and no speed advantage, and more recoil or slower aiming or something.

- IEDs... WOW! They used to work and now they don't. I reaaaally dislike this nerf. Not only do people often run by my IEDs (especially with combat knives and shotguns) but I have seen on so many people stand right on top of them as they explode (without blast sheid or so much as a piece of paper between them) and they just don't die. Why why WHY?! They are the ony thing to regulate people running around so much (i.e. they get killed more by IEDs as they should) and they just don't work any more. They used to increase individual and team strategy and now they are just terrible where as C4 is unbelivably powerful. Roitshielders who throw C4 are so cheap and these things just seem to keep getting better. Btw what are cannister bombs even for when C4 does more damage, can be thrown further and faster, and detonates on command more quickly?

- The spawns… come on. I don't care if I have to run 30 seconds every time I die just to get to the battlefield, just stop spawning me right infront of people or them right behind me. It is ridiculous! It is way too easy to spawn pinch in this game.

- Snipers have NEVER been overpowering in any COD. With either of the bolt action sniper rifles you should almost never have to hit someone twice (which you often do). However, thank Ghosts for durastically reducing quickscoping. Quickscopping is really dumb. FINALLY!

• 733. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

so your saying that if you carry an lmg and I carry a knife we should run at the same speed

• 734. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to run with a knife? It is a stupid part of the game and should just be taken out all together. If it has to be there then yeah, the current speed boost is ridiculous. If we are talking about gameplay (the only ything that matters) than it is just dumb and if we are taking about reality than go put onthe 30-50 pounds of gear that your chacater is wearing and time yourself in a 100m once while holding a knife (or nothing) and the other time carrying a 12 lb LMG. I bet you find the times to be remakably similiar and not visibly noticable. ARs weight about 7lbs (that's the same as an average cat) meaning they are very light and don't effect your running. But like I said gameplay is really the only thing that matters.

• 735. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

I pretty much just play team deathmatch because in all the other games there is either too much weighting around or everyone runs around like an idiot. The maps are huge in ghosts which is great. I just don't see how even on these enormous maps you still spawn RIGHT next to an enemy at least %30 of the time. Maybe they need to go as far as safe zone spawning meaning that their would be certain buildings (with multiple exits) around the perimiter of the map that you spawn in that once you leave you cant go back in. This would make you be able to control your spawn pretty easy by choosing which exit to take but would feel very natural unlike tactical insersion.

• 736. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

I read a post from November that had some pretty good thoughts about Squads.  There may be something similar in this thread but 729 post are a lot to read thru just to see so I'll put this out there.

I think you guys have really got something with the Squads things.  This mode provides a comparable MP experience outlet to the folks that love the play of the game but have their apprehensions of online MP and all the variants and percieved pitfalls it has to offer.  There are some I know that only play squads because it offer a percieved "safer" haven for game play than they see MP providing while still enjoying the aspects of MP.  I think the AI is pretty darn good at matching levels of human players in most instances. There are a few whacky things they do but not anything any wackier than I've seen some human players come up with.  The thing that is consistently discussed is why develop a game mode to give players the feel of the MP experience without having to play MP and not giving them them more of the MP payoffs?  Being able to carry over XP is very nice.  Getting Squad Point for levelling up, completing Field Orders, etc...great.  Sharing the squad points among your squad members...nice.  So as the levels of AI get higher and the AI skill levels increase even closer to the human enemy why not give them some increased XP and Operations at the higher levels to allow them to better equate with the MP experience even more and hopefully continue to discourage using the lower levels just as a prestige booster for players easily going 50-2 or better.  Example:

Recruit Level...Change nothing.  This is basically a good training level.  

Regular Level...Increase XP cap to a consistent 2500.  Everything else stays the same.

Hardened Level...Increase XP cap to a consistent 3000.  Give a modifed list of operations to unlock a specific set of uniforms, heads, headgears, Camo's etc. and give the Squad player the chance to earn some of the perks of MP.  No Clan Operations should be needed.

Veteran Level...Increase XP to a consistent 3500 and give access to the full list of Operations currently available at the same time in MP with possibly a limited Clan Operation list.

I like MP.  I like Squads.  Just a thought....

• 737. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

Actually you would be wrong in that for the weight of the weapon swinging around as you ran would slow you down more than noticeable compared to that of a knife. Any amount of weight affects your running in noticebale amounts. Why do you think athletes try to be as slim and aerodynamic as possible. That weapon would create extra drag and the weight of it moving would create a balance issue which would slow down a person compared to only a knife.

• 738. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

dude you are completely not understaning the math here. Your already carying a bunch of weight (your not a pro athlete in spandex). A rifle you are carrying doesn't slow you down a noticable amount. I know, run arounf with a M16 before… a lot. If it were at your side swinging than that is a different argument. and yeah, if you had it dangling of a one point sling it would slow you down, but that's more an argument for going really slow when you switch to your secondary which I could buy into. Either way it's about gameplay and running arund fast in COD with any weapon is really really stupid. It destroys the spawning (which already sucks) and makes the whole game into one big random ****-fest rather than an organized combat senario.

• 739. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

But that is CoD it has never really been an organized combat scenario ever. None of the past titles were. I agree it makes no sense at times, but for the most part this game is about speed and quick engagements, not tactics and strategy and group movements.

At leas you had some idea as to what I was implying. But in a game like CoD doubtfully any such major changes would happen. Since it would slow the game down too much and make the rusher crowd that much more unhappy and leave. And they are a big part of the cash cow crowd that the game depends upon.

Though yes I do believe it would help with the spawns since everyone would not be rushing out of them so quickly opening them up for the enemy to spawn behind or near by so quickly at times.

1 72 73 74 75 76 Previous Next