1 13 14 15 16 17 Previous Next 688 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 12:19 PM by nicedrewishfela Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 140. Re: We need Spawns feedback!
        rainmaker6

I am not going to waste my time describing spawns on each map but suffice it to say some are better like Stonehaven (which had the worst) but some are not. And I think you need to go to player selectable spawn points (which cannot be in the line of sight from one another with a minimum distance separating them) to eliminate the spawn trapping. In fact it would have been far more productive to spend time creating player selectable spawns than selectable uniforms.

• 141. Re: We need Spawns feedback!
          RunAndGun1

1. Kill Confirmed

2. Ignition

3. Full Lobby

4. Xbox360

This time I spawned with an enemy no more then 10 feet away with knife in hand and killing me. SERIOUSLY???

This is by far THE worst spawning I've EVER seen in any COD ever before!!!!!!!!!!

• 142. Re: We need Spawns feedback!
            Ovrlord

I believe we can all agree that there is a lot of work to be done on every single map, but I'll point out this one particular situation that happened on the xbox 360.

I was playing Kill Confirmed on Ignition. It was a full lobby. Me and a couple of my teammates were flushing out campers in the building where it had the stairs. Apparently, there was a spawn point in there because as soon as I killed someone in there, someone on the enemy team just appears right in front of me, and they kept spawning there for a good while (3+ times) until I got overwhelmed and killed. In these type of game modes, if someone on one team is occupying a particular spawn, spawn the enemy somewhere else that's safe so they won't have the chance to shoot their killer in the back automatically and/or die as soon as they spawn.

Also, I know this question is off topic, but what's going on with the dedicated servers for the 360?

• 143. Re: We need Spawns feedback!
              RunAndGun1

Ovrlord wrote:

Also, I know this question is off topic, but what's going on with the dedicated servers for the 360?

I heard the "hybrid" servers for XBox360 are going online in March. Not sure if that's an accurate time frame, but the sooner the better. Unfortunately, who knows how often one gets to play on an actual dedicated server, since the "hybrid" servers put you on either a regular P2P/listening server OR a dedicated server. Hopefully, more dedicated servers will be going online for current gen over time. Who knows. It will sure help with gameplay.

• 144. Re: We need Spawns feedback!

Totally and completely agree

• 145. Re: We need Spawns feedback!
                  biron_w

I'd be very surprised if last gen get dedicated servers at all. We were told we'd get them and 4 months after launch we still haven't got them. I won't get my hopes up.

• 146. Re: We need Spawns feedback!

I really see some improvement with the spawns in all game types.  The biggest problem I and many others have is the spawn trapping.  The worst is when clans are playing together against a random team.  It never fails that the clan will push the opposing team into a spawn trap, leaving the other "team" to either spawn and die, quit the game or fight their way out (nearly impossible with the sight lines on alot of maps).  I thought that spawn trapping another team went against the "rules".  I have reported several teams for this, but I don't think they are getting any repercussions.  Spawn trapping ruins the online experience for alot of players.  We pay for the console, game, DLC and customization packs, only to get boned by a bunch of punks who work together to not just win, they completely dominate and humiliate players, robbing them of any chance of gaining xp or preserving a decent kd.  Clans have ruined this franchise for the casual player.  Clans should play other clans, individual players should not have to be paired up with these organized strategic groups.  Make a no clan playlist or a clan only playlist.  6-9 individual players cannot compete with these teams, especially when 3 or 4 are camping to complete an operation and not being a team player.

• 147. Re: We need Spawns feedback!
                      IndyOldGuy

Ovrlord wrote:

I believe we can all agree that there is a lot of work to be done on every single map, but I'll point out this one particular situation that happened on the xbox 360.

I was playing Kill Confirmed on Ignition. It was a full lobby. Me and a couple of my teammates were flushing out campers in the building where it had the stairs. Apparently, there was a spawn point in there because as soon as I killed someone in there, someone on the enemy team just appears right in front of me, and they kept spawning there for a good while (3+ times) until I got overwhelmed and killed. In these type of game modes, if someone on one team is occupying a particular spawn, spawn the enemy somewhere else that's safe so they won't have the chance to shoot their killer in the back automatically and/or die as soon as they spawn.

This happens a lot in Ghosts, you kill a guy or 2 and the game keeps spawning the enemy right in your vicinity, aggravating to say the least

• 148. Re: We need Spawns feedback!
                        nuttin2say

More and more I'm beginning to think the purpose of the spawn system doing that is twofold

1 - prevent spawn trapping (which, with a party, is not hard to do in this game - save for the weird "revenge spawn flip")

2 - you're going to love this. I think this is an effort to "balance" the game. You get a guy on a 20-0 rip and you start getting an increase in complaints that something he used during the match is OP. But if you can spawn foes near him, he's less likely to go so long without a death. At the very least, this distracts players from complaining about things being OP.

If, indeed, that is the purpose of this spawn design? It has failed miserably. Why? Because most players that can consistently put out 20 kills a match and consistently do so with less deaths than kills (i.e., >1.0 kdr) are able to do so because, for the most part, they pay attention. It has nothing to do with their load-outs. Net result?

MORE complaints that elements in the game are OP. Why? Well, hell. I've died 10 times in a row AND spawned right behind the bastard that killed me - and I STILL can't overcome him. Unfortunately, the bulk of the attention deficit crowd is going to conclude the easiest thing there is to conclude - the game is not "balanced."

• 149. Re: We need Spawns feedback!
                          GoldenEye

Spawns have improved, BUT, I still occasionally spawn right next to the enemy if they remain in our spawn area, it's frustrating because I literally spawn and get shot dead. The worst culprits are on Freight., but that could be due to map design.

1 13 14 15 16 17 Previous Next