3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2014 4:56 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Probation for bad internet?

Okay so I've been having really bad internet connection.  Like really bad.  Like red bar and yellow bar, with a lot of connection interruptions that kicks me out of the game.  Go ahead and look through some of my past games.  And the one time I dash board, because I was so close to throwing my controller from all this ridiculous connection issues, it gives me a probation warning a few minutes later after I start playing again.  Really?  How do I get rid of this probation ridiculous-ness?  If I even can.

Facts:      I am connected through wireless. 

My Xbox GT is "Mewru"

Thanks.

• Re: Probation for bad internet?
          OGHuxtable

Hi Mewru,

If you are experiencing frequent disconnects, it will still count as leaving the game early.  This can result in the probation penalty.

Here are a few tips to optimize your network set up:

• Reboot your router.
          • Restart your system.
          • Try using a wired connection in order to sustain the connection quality.
          • To help identify if there is an issue with the router or blocked ports, try connecting directly through the modem.
          • Check the NAT type.  Is it Open, Moderate or Strict?
          • Establish a static IP address and port forward.

Here are the port numbers you will need:

Xbox 360:  Activision Support

Should you have any questions on how to port forward, please contact your ISP or the router manufacturer.

Regards ^AH

Thanks for your reply!  My NAT is open which is incredibly strange.  I wanted to connect through a wired connection however, my adapter is downstairs.  So phooey.  What's also strange is I also started getting "you have joined this session illegally" errors.  Strange.  But it's better now...

Cheers!

nuttin2say

mewru wrote:

Thanks for your reply!  My NAT is open which is incredibly strange.  I wanted to connect through a wired connection however, my adapter is downstairs.  So phooey.  What's also strange is I also started getting "you have joined this session illegally" errors.  Strange.  But it's better now...

Cheers!

That's why you're having connection issues. Go by a good, quality Cat 5 cable 50 ft long (or longer if you need it) and hardwire your console. Either that or move your console into the room where your router is. There are all sorts of things that could be affecting wireless adapter's connection. Other devices, neighbors' devices, the paint on the walls, space aliens flying overhead.

Wireless is fine for your console ... so long as you are not gaming.