1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 132 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 9:05 AM by austincarter1 Go to original post RSS
      • 120. Re: Frustrating teammates
        DelverMagi

I was playing Cranked last night, first hours of The Springs Clan Wars.  There was a clan with what I believe was 3 members on my team and they were very talkative.  Before the countdown was even finished, the talker was already complaining that there were three randoms that they were going to have to carry for the win.

Nice.  Looking forward to playing with you too, jackhole.

So the group was running through Tremor and I bumped into him, and he went on a tear about how he hates idiot teammates who bump into you while playing.  At that point I just wanted to pop him off.  I proceeded to leave the group and play solo for the rest of the game, but I had to listen to him rant and rave about the idiot team we were playing against as a bunch of stupid camping snipers who had no chance to win with their current tactics.

The clan on my team were actually pretty good, but I left the lobby after the game.  I was too annoyed by this jerk, even though we won pretty handily and I could have hung around for a few more easy wins for my clan.

• 121. Re: Frustrating teammates
          ukscorpz

Clan Wars should be renamed to 'DASH WARS' as the second any clans start to take a beating early on, they quit.

• 122. Re: Frustrating teammates
            Vulcan Hades

I have to bump this thread to vent but also to educate some players.

If I already put an IED next to a door, DON'T PUT YOURS NEAR IT. No matter who gets the kill, one of the IEDs will go to waste. So it's better to either place it somewhere where it won't explode due to other IEDs nearby. Or wait for the first IED to blow up / wait for me to die THEN place your IED. It's just logic and basic resource management people. Stop being so stupid.

On a similar note, if someone on your team placed an IED, DON'T FREAKING STAND THERE NEXT TO IT YOU FOOL. Because if you get hit by the explosion you will (by ricochet) end the streak of a teammate that might've been 1 kill away from a 7-8+ KS. A stupid mistake like this, that might seem inoffensive to you, is often what makes your entire team lose. Because your stupidity prevented a good player on your team to call in a Helicopter or Oracle which would've helped make a comeback or gain a bigger lead.

And since I'm on the subject of IEDs, here's a couple of tips:

1. Don't place your IEDs on thin walls. Some players running SitRep can see them and blow them up pretty easily. It's much harder to shoot/see an IED if it's placed on the ceiling or on the floor or behind solid props. (If you place it on the floor, try to put it somewhere where it's hard to notice).

2. Don't use 2 IEDs to cover two entrances if you can just place one in between both hallways.

3. If an IED is about to blow up behind you, don't assume the enemy is going to die from it. TURN AROUND IMMEDIATELY. ALWAYS ASSUME THEY HAVE PERKS TO RESIST EXPLOSIONS OR THAT THEY RUN VERY FAST. I still can't believe how many stupid teammates die despite having heard their own IED blow up and not getting any kill from it.

4. Motion Sensors can also be used as headsup just like IEDs but they go off pretty late. They are much slower to blow up compared to IEDs, so you should always place Motion Sensors FAR AWAY from where you are. Further than where you would normally put your IED.

That's all for now.

• 123. Re: Frustrating teammates
              zingaa

Vulcan Hades wrote:

If I already put an IED next to a door, DON'T PUT YOURS NEAR IT. No matter who gets the kill, one of the IEDs will go to waste. So it's better to either place it somewhere where it won't explode due to other IEDs nearby. Or wait for the first IED to blow up / wait for me to die THEN place your IED. It's just logic and basic resource management people. Stop being so stupid.

On a similar note, if someone on your team placed an IED, DON'T FREAKING STAND THERE NEXT TO IT YOU FOOL. Because if you get hit by the explosion you will (by ricochet) end the streak of a teammate that might've been 1 kill away from a 7-8+ KS.

I've seen both of these numerous times, drives me crazy, unfortunately you can't fix stupid.

• 124. Re: Frustrating teammates

I have come across a Vulcan Hades, or a name very similar to that, a few times these last couple of days. I wonder if that was you, and if so hopefully I wasn't too frustrating to play with.

• 125. Re: Frustrating teammates
                  Vulcan Hades

lol don't worry about it. I send hatemail to people that really piss me off.

• 126. Re: Frustrating teammates

I have come across some Aholes I back out the lobby got to the gamer card and avoid the player so I dont end up in the same lobby again

• 127. Re: Frustrating teammates
                      half-megatron

I couldn't have explained this any better.

• 128. Re: Frustrating teammates
                        TL_Bare_B_V2

Vulcan Hades wrote:

lol don't worry about it. I send hatemail to people that really piss me off.

I love nothing more then receiving hate fan mail, people telling me how good my play style is and how great am I am at CoD

• 129. Re: Frustrating teammates
                          ukscorpz

lol same here.  I think we should start a post and note down all the best ones!

I've received some crackers in the past!