1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 56 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2014 10:13 AM by KC135R Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: TitanFall footage: Impressions
        PUR4IDO

Nope. In hardpoint, once you walk into the general area of where the point is, you are notified that it's contested. So even if somebody is camping there, you have time to decision on how you are going to approach.

• 51. Re: TitanFall footage: Impressions
          PUR4IDO

If you have no played the game, you can't comment.

The maps are big, but since the pilots are so mobile that going across the maps is easy.

• 52. Re: TitanFall footage: Impressions
            PUR4IDO

Snipers are supposed to be used in long ranges, a sniper is not supposed to beat an AR/SMG at range.

• 53. Re: TitanFall footage: Impressions
              otisman666

cranium2001 wrote:

I really loved homefront. I feel like I should be ashamed.

Don't be ashamed, it was a decent concept for a game, but the execution just fell a little short.  I had a ton of fun for the 2 months that I played it.

TF has been a ton of fun.  I was not expecting a COD killer / replacement.  I was expecting something different and that is what we have been given from Respawn.  There are at least 6 other game modes coming out (CTF being one of them!) and a bunch of additional weapons.  Add to it that the game ships with 16 different MP levels and some other cool features still to be discussed and I am sure this game will keep me entertained for some time to come.

• 54. Re: TitanFall footage: Impressions
                alexjt22

otisman666 wrote:

cranium2001 wrote:

I really loved homefront. I feel like I should be ashamed.

Don't be ashamed, it was a decent concept for a game, but the execution just fell a little short.  I had a ton of fun for the 2 months that I played it.

TF has been a ton of fun.  I was not expecting a COD killer / replacement.  I was expecting something different and that is what we have been given from Respawn.  There are at least 6 other game modes coming out (CTF being one of them!) and a bunch of additional weapons.  Add to it that the game ships with 16 different MP levels and some other cool features still to be discussed and I am sure this game will keep me entertained for some time to come.

Agree Homefront was a good concept but it's execution in my eyes was very poor, I can't wait to see Homefront 2 which is being developed by Crytek this time so they should be using the cry engine which is extremely smooth to play on which is why I think if they can execute a modern military FPS on the cry engine they have the biggest chance of making the COD killer out of every game so far that has been announced.

As for Titanfall after putting in 15 hours in the beta I can safely say I enjoy the game but I was expecting more but I can't quite put my finger on what maybe its because its only a small sample of the game or maybe its something deeper like there is something that I don't like about it, I guess I will find out come the 11th March.

I hear the words COD killer and revolution for FPS games being mentioned about this game but I don't think it will be either it might kill COD on the XBOX One because COD is in a horrendous state on the console and I also don't feel like its a revolution to FPS games but a evolution of them. One thing is for sure I think losing Vince Zampella and Jason West in particular as well as most of IW is the biggest loss for COD as they are clearly head and shoulder above and years ahead of any FPS developer out there.

• 55. Re: TitanFall footage: Impressions

Thats my exact point, the problem is with the weapons they gave you I was 3-4 hitting with a sniper rifle at range while trying to keep them in the scope as they jumped around.(side note: it was a cool addition to see the display showing the body part hit) I could use the AR with the 2x scope and send one burst down range and do the exact same thing a lot easier. So my problem was that at range the sniper rifle was not the best choice of weapon IF you could put a round on your target with the AR.

• 56. Re: TitanFall footage: Impressions

It may not 'kill' COD but like you said, it is going to be yet another thing taking away from the FPS population that is already split between 3-4 consoles.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next