22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 4:59 PM by sennalike RSS

The Squad Mate doesn't need nerfed he needs fixed

ghamorra

This isn't coming from someone who died and wants to pass the blame off one a error in the game. I didn't die. What I'm basing this off of was a friendly's Final Killcam in which I saw a Squad Mate switch to his shield twice then pull out a pistol and before his shield was even on his back he killed a guy on the other team. In the slow motion you can see that the animation wasn't even close what was happening. His arm was behind him reaching for, what I assume, was his pistol while the other arm was putting the shield on his back. The orange streaks which represent a bullet traveling through the air already dealt a deadly blow (it was HC KC) and the target was dead on the ground before the shield was on his back and he even had his pistol out. All this happened in a blink of the eye.

I have experienced first hand the insane quickness at which a Squad Mate goes from Riot Shield to pistol. There's not enough time between the actions to do anything but die. The shield, to pistol, back to shield animation is so quick it's hard to even notice it. This, to me, is a broken mechanic.

• Re: The Squad Mate doesn't need nerfed he needs fixed

It is but the reason why some may not want it fixed is the same why those who did not like the RS/C4 combo fixed. They like how it works and abuse it for the easy kills he can get by doing that.

It clearly does need to be fixed, it should take the same time a player does for the change leaving him open to fire during the change.

Any change to how it works that is negative to how it works would be considered a nerf by many.. So yes even fixing the animation timing would be a nerf to many players.

Highwayman0226

It always looks bad in the killcam, but when you are actually facing him, you can see him switch before you die.  He is kind of a wrecking ball in HC modes though.

immortalmindz

Its no different to the dog and knife animation, i call it the predetermined kill. Ive had my player die just as the dog starts the animation, was nowhere near me but i died, same with the knife. Seriously pisses me off.

L30NDR4G0N

want to say something too...as i normally never ever talk or discuss about nerfs or buffs and prefer to adapt to stuff, i have to say, that me and this guy with the shield will never become friends...to be honest, as said i always adapt to things, but truth is, that i believe that when there ever was something ever OP in any cod, than it is surely this guy...it's not only his shield/pistol-switch, but also the incredible unbelievable HP this guy has...whenever i find him in front of me, there's one thing for sure...the last i see, dead, respawn...i always play hc and had so many situations where i fired nearly a whole mag into him, just to see the shield/pistol switch same time me firing the hell out my gun (and yes, i'm good at aiming and no problem to shoot on his feet too), just to get killed by this godzilla-like beast from the depths of the hell^^ also don't like the idea of a guy like him as a whole, as it's to me also not fun to fight against an a.i., unable to trick him out...as said, always try to adapt, but as i saw this thread, i used the possibility to throw my opinion in here too^^

p.s. sry for my bad english...

YummyYummYum

The main problem is that the A.I. react in somewhere around 1/10 of a second.Which is faster than any human could achieve at 100% precision.Essentially at nearly the speed a light which electrical signals can move.That's the issue.

They know where the hitbox borders and they can track through walls once you are seen.Since they read game data and not just see the visual like a human does.The only thing that can be done is drop the A.I. difficulty from veteran to regular, which will or should completely stop the god like reaction speed.

Honestly it should not even be in the game.It had good intentions and i am sure it looked great on paper to some people in IW.Things that look great on paper don't always work for gameplay.At least the veteran A.I. aren't as bad as they were on BO1.Oh god the horror.

ghamorra

YummyYummYum wrote:

The only thing that can be done is drop the A.I. difficulty from veteran to regular, which will or should completely stop the god like reaction speed.

The bots on Regular difficulty are too easy. As you said, it's AI so it can't behave like a human. Therefore you'll come across Squad Mates that just stare at you for an easy kill. This makes them irrelevant to person who called them in. There's really no simple way to fix this issue, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that there is an issue.

YummyYummYum

If they just stared at you that would actually make them do what they were most likely originally intended for.Ya know, to use that riot shield?The pistol swapping was most likely a design flaw.They are a support killstreak;not an assault killstreak.With the riot shield it was probably viewed at IW to be used as a personal mobile wall to get behind and shoot around since getting two players to use the tactic in a random team was nearly impossible.

Like i said, i can see the good intentions behind it, but as it currently is, it is more suited for assault.Hence a design flaw.Maybe they don't have to drop it to regular difficulty at all and keep it at veteran.Though they would have to change it to switch to the pistol when the riot shield is heavily damaged.As it is now it is set to attack and not defend like it was most likely intended as.

Look at the evidence.Riot shield primary+support killstreak+pistol secondary.Evidence suggests it was intended as a mobile wall for the player to stand behind for minor protection, and to momentarily distract the enemy player.Not the search and destroy (in the literal sense) version seen currently.

I'm with you, I play HC DOM all the time. I dont know what the actual cause is BUT as you have said something makes it where I cannot one on one kill these guys unless i am VERY lucky. AND unlike a real player you cannot stop shooting while you escape because the moment you do it will pull the gun. A real player will think you are reloading and then you can get the drop on them but you cannot let the squadmate ever get its gun out because it will always kill you. AND it is usually a 1 shot kill.

I have said lessen the power in HC but since it is a kill streak i am fine with at least allowing a player a chance to get a shot off.

sennalike

I only play HC Dom, and yes the SM is 'super' human in comparison to a normal player. But then, as he is a kill streak reward I think he should be something different. When I come across one on the enemy side he is like trying to kill a player in core, taking excessive hits, and yes he can flick between shield and pistol in the blink of an eye, and shoot with deadly accuracy. But it's swings and roundabouts. He rarely gets me more than three or four kills, which is fine, he is support not assault. He can occasionally wander into my own bullets as I shoot an enemy which in HC means bang I'm dead. It's only my opinion, but I think he is balanced overall.