13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2014 12:04 PM by RayOldGuy RSS

Change the riot shield back!

SirVixProbe

I personally use the riot shield 90% of the time and absolutely (used to) love it. C4 is my preferred weapon. With the nerf today, I literally stand no chance of surviving. Before this was changed, I at least had half a chance of getting the kill. With all the perks and weapons you can use to counter the shield/C4 combo, there is no reason a player with no gun should be completely exposed when throwing the C4. I know most of you won't agree with my style of play but I would like to hear from the people who agree with me. I posted here and in the general discussion section since I would like to hear what everyone has to say.

• Re: Change the riot shield back!
          rdnsnow

They did that because of people like you who are using it as a cheap way to play. C4 is way OP. It still 1 shots people with blast shield on. There is no counter. And if you are using a riot shield it makes you a 1 shotting tank. People that run around with guns are exposed all the time, and so should you when you throw your c4 and get those trip kills playing dom. Im sure youll just go find the next OP class to use, and then come here and cry when it gets nerfd.

maccabi

place shield in front of you.. wait till the other person reloads... throw c4

problem solved

The nerf was needed and is a fair way to fix an obvious flaw.

You get what? Like two kills with c4 unless you get a double here or there. OP? Hilarious. The riot shield wasn't much good before and THAT needs a nerf? Leave the riot shield alone and nerf the c4. Anyone can throw c4, not just shielders. You won't ever see a shielder with a 45/5 k/d. I like the idea of squads with more than just a bunch of rifles. IW should broaden the weapons assortment instead of narrow them. If they keep nerfing, soon everone will be using the exact same weapon.

Donkey--Jawbone11

I agree with Six. Why nerf something so few players actually use and don't do very well with? What is going on here is that players who are gifted at COD are run and gun style players and they do not like other players using items they have to come up with a counter for. These players are very vocal on these boards and have more access and leverage with the game programmers than crappy players like me. I know I speak for lots of crappy players who would otherwise be too embarrassed to speak up on boards like this.

THE GAME NEEDS MORE NOVEL ITEMS --- NOT NERFING OF THE FEW NOVEL ITEMS IT ALREADY HAS

THE GAME IS THE MOST FUN FOR THE MOST PEOPLE WHEN IT IS MORE A GAME OF WIT AND STRATEGY THAN JUST A CONTEST OF WHO IS THE BEST GUNNER. IN MY VIEW, THE GAME ALREADY SUFFERS FROM A LACK OF NOVELTY. LACK OF NOVELTY IS ONE OF THE MAJOR COMPLAINTS PEOPLE HAVE ABOUT THE GAME AND ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS PLAYERS TIRE OF THE GAME AND MOVE ON TO OTHER GAMES. THEY SHOULD BUFF ALTERNATIVE STYLES/WEAPONS AND NOT NERF THEM.

I admit I have no gun skills. BUT, I love to play with my friends who are much better than me. At least I can compensate for my lack of skills by using NOVEL items such as the shield which requires other players to have to counter. The only way I can be helpful to my team is in objective based games to use the shield and get captures. The C4 is the only weapon I can use with the shield. The other weapons are so slow to draw with the shield, they are of very little use. If anything, they should make the shield tougher or make switching to weapons faster (I already use reflex). I, and most other shield users, get killed more than just about any other player in the lobby already. These items have already been taken out of 4v4. Enough already. They should be brought back to 4v4.

I am convinced the most gifted players have influenced to game makers to do away with items which would otherwise add novelty. Since the game makers I believe genuinely desire to make the game popular to the most players, they could introduce as many of the novel items in previous CODs such as the tac insert and black hat. Having 10 classes to go to instead of just 6 would allow players to adjust to riot shields or other novel items.

Ghosts is becoming a game of elite gunners who have slug fests. I can dream, but I'll never be able to compete on that level.. All I'll ever be able to do is work "against the grain" and hopefully help my team a little along the way.

I hate shielders myself but the guy is making a valuable point. Stop your whining about shielders and instead acquire skill like I did and pretend you shot all your bullets at the shielder then once they remove their shield shoot the rest of your clip into them. Works for me all the time. They are slow moving and vulnerable at their feet when they are moving and from behind. I was perfectly fine with them the way they were. Sure I died a few times to them but not as much as I die to snipers. But then you whine and whine about campers too. Stop getting so whiny because you are new to the game or new to the way ppl play the game. Everyone has their strategy and just because it is better than your stupid one of being out in the open all the time and running around like a chicken with its head cut off and not using any  strategy whatsoever does not give you the right to complain about the way someone plays. I would say about 75% of the idiots I come across and idiots that get put on my team are the idiots like you ppl who whine about how ppl use shields or camp or rush. waa waa waa. It is annoying you are ruining the game with your whining. Try learning some tactics and and some strategy. Guess what when the Military gets ahold of a location they camp that locations and they build a big camp at that and they fortify it. you know what Snipers do? THEY CAMP!!! They sit in one place for hours on end sometimes days! it is a legitimate military tactic. You know what riot officers do? They use shields to protect themselves from the whiny hippies and then yes use guns. This tactic is as old as time just about. From the tribes of Africa to Rome. Romans would interlock their shields and move as a unit to get into enemy territory and kill the enemy. I came across a whole clan that used the Romans technique to secure flags in Dom. I myself wanted to get my clan to do and probably still will. So stop your whining because you are an idiot who runs around with no strategy and because of it you die often. I am sorry if this post hurt you whiners rectally.

RayOldGuy

I am neutral on the nurf of the shield. The guys running it have seldom been a problem. They are easy to kill. But up against the “squad mate” they are cup cakes. The main way I tell a live player from an AI squad mate is how easy it is to take them out. I hate the squad mates, except for mine own. Once I get one while sniping I can lay back a little bit, and let him go gather my tags in KC.