It was released 3 days ago, here are the patch notes
Feb. 20, 2014
- Added leaderboards for Gun Game.
- Added functionality to view the clans of remote players.
- Allowing soldiers to invite to clan in Call of Duty App.
- Added extra loadout slot support for Call of Duty App.
- Added link to the store from customization submenus.
- Added diamond clan icons to clan details page.
- Fixed lag that could occur when host rapidly changed classes.
- Fixed crash that could occur when player is killed while controlling a vehicle killstreak.
- Performance improvements for modes using bots.
- Fixed loss of controller issue that occurred when second controller signed in after a non-signed in first controller tried accessing the store.
- Host migration optimizations.
- Fixed lost connection issue that could occur when lobby breaks after accepting the game invite.
- Fixed reactive motion jitter issues with local split-screen players.
- Overall anti-cheat improvements.
- Patched 3rd person throw animations for explosives when using the Riotshield. This change moves the shield to the side exposing the thrower to attack.
- Removes delay for lobby member broadcaster icon when enabling/disabling it.
- Fixed a bug where MLG spectators couldn’t see enemies shooting on the minimap.
- Fix null string translation bug found when playing eSports rules coming out of spectate.
- Fixed cycle players button not functioning when the mini-map is displayed.
- Fixed issue that caused the eSports rule set header to carry over onto the system link menu.
- Fixed issue where the clan tab wouldn’t show clan after logging out of active profile and logging into a different one.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if a user enters into a private match lobby.
- Fixed a bug where MLG spectators would have no HUD on next-gen when playing system link with many players/bots in the game.
- Fixed Infected UI issue where players can make it appear as though they have strike packages available.
- Killstreak count is correctly maintained across rounds in SD/SR/Blitz.
- Fixed some spawn issues specific to Stormfront.
- Fixed broken operations (must play one ranked game to fix data).
- Rebalanced spawns on Ignition.
- Improved spawns on Whiteout.
- Fixed issue where players can make the bomb disappear by planting on top of their IMS/SatCom, then destroying the placeable.
- Fixed the progress bar improperly displaying "contested" if 2 players entered the flag's capture radius, then one player left or was killed.
- Fixed rapid fire popping animations that would occur when deploying an IMS or Sentry then immediately pressing up on the d-pad.
- Fix Infected bug where PDW was not shown initially when spawning in.
- Fixed text overlap when highlighting clan vs clan playlist.
- Fixed sign-in issues that would occur when accessing the store with different controllers.
- Fixed error with Clan Roster menu.
- Fixed issue where some camo’s were not applied correctly in game.
- “Escapes” leaderboard is now displayed in the correct order.
- We now track Armory level completions as “Escapes” on the Escapes leaderboard.
- Undiscovered Truths achievement now unlocks properly.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes switch back to their pistol after reviving players.
- Removed an audio buzz that played prior to an intel clip starting.
- Fixed issue where aliens would disappear during the final Breeder fight.
- Fixed case where the locker key that had been collected did not show up in the HUD.
- Fixed Breeder sometimes not attacking players.
- Updated the egg throwing logic for the Breeder to improve engagement.
- Updated the final battle logic with the Breeder for when it is injured.
- Fixed some challenges:
- Turned off Phantom in the air challenge.
- Changed where the “kill Seekers before they explode” challenge appears.
- Fixed issue where challenge ring would not appear for “Stay in circle” challenge.
- Marked aliens” challenge no longer marks “pets” as targets.
- Reordered challenges so there will be enough challenges using the pistols only Relic in solo in Nightfall.
- Fixed issue where intel collected would read “0 out of 13” instead of “1 out of 13”.
- Made improvements to how intel is tracked globally across maps.
- Fixed issue where splash message would sometimes not appear when scavenging.
- Solo play balancing fixes in Nightfall first Breeder battle.
- Fixed an issue where outro movie would hang if other players readied up while the move was playing.
- Fixed some map exploits in Nightfall.
- Fixed an exploit with the deployable money feature.
- Fixed issue with voice location callouts playing during the Breeder fights.
- Fixed issue with voice over playing when players are in last stand or when a player has died.
- Added Relic bonus to the post game score screen.
- Improved the reliability of triggering the Nightfall Easter Egg.
I was wondering about this too. I'm new to the PS4 and just figured it downloaded the patches and made the updates in the background. Yeah what is the deal with this? Why are they releasing patch notes before the patch? Really bizarre. Though there have been a lot of, out of the cod norm, things happening with this game. And not necessarily in a good way...
Yeah, if it had updated while your PS4 was in sleep mode, you'd be able to find it in Notifications under Downloads. It would have been stamped in there at the time of the update. They really need to fix the frameskips though, the game doesn't look nearly good enough and there isn't enough going on that it should be causing such performance hitches on the PS4. I'm holding off on that map pack, they have to address the current issues first, atleast acknowledge them.
I was saying this exact statement to one of my buddies online today. BF4 I rarely will notice a drop in frames, yet COD I will just be running around get random framerate drops. Especially when people join and leave a game. BF4 is running 60FPS on PS4 and even when levolution (giant map changing features) happen frames rarely drop. It just looks bad on the developers for this to happen as much as it does. Even on some maps at certain points it happens out of nowhere.
Something I hate almost as much as the crazy framerate drops is the shaky screen. This is something that's been in COD for most the games using the engine. The screen shakes at alot of spots, you'll run to an area, go prone, and the ground and surroundings will be shaking back and forth. I think it's a weird collision detection issue in their retarded engine. I've noticed it forever in past CODs though, and it annoys the hell out of me. If it happened a little less often, maybe it'd be alright, but it's just stupid, there's no reason for alot of these stupid issues to still exist. Like, why is it so frustratingly hard to maneuver around teammates for still? The way you get stuck on allies and friendly dogs and stuff needs to be updated. You should glide around allies more smoothly, without being stopped or slowed. Overall though, they just need to optimize this PS4 version properly, this is a disgrace how bad it performs in contrast to the modest level of graphics upgrade it brings to next gen.