27 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2015 12:55 AM by v0itech RSS

Should I buy Mob of the Dead, Buried, or Origins?

BreakfastBiscuits

So basically which is the best map to buy. What do you like about your favorite map and why? Just give me anything that will help me to choose which zombies map I should buy.

• Re: Should I buy Mob of the Dead, Buried, or Origins?
          boybad

MOB is my favorite in BO2 and i have met a lot of players on BO2 on this map.

Origins is a hard map to get in to, a lot of players in the public lobbies on this map at the moment.

Buried is a joke, i love the appeal and look of it but the map is made for noobs with some of the easiest strategies in history of COD zombies.

PalletxTown

I agree with boybad. Mob if the Dead is a pretty cool map and good with friends. I died the first 5 tries on Origins on round 2-3, it can feel overwhelming. As for buried, it's too easy with all perma perks.

MoB would be my choice.

MOTD is a good hard map

not a lot of places to run trains

gets boring after you get set up

nothing to do with the story line

Buried it's an easy map

has a bank so you can get set up on rnd 1

gets boring after a while

nnice EE

ORigins is a hard map

iit's a nice map

nice EE

have the original 4 players

i I like Origins

hoboMurder101

I would say that MotD and Origins are 2 of the better (if not best) maps on BO2, and would recommend getting them.

I didn't like Buried that much.  It's not awful... It's just not my favorite.

PFISH1

It depends on what you're looking for.  I would personally go with Origins just because it provides maximum bang for your buck.  There is A LOT to this map and it takes some learning of the steps to get stuff done.  Time and patience are what you'll need to master it.  If you're looking for a challenge, Origins is where it's at. 

If you're looking for a more pure fun and casual zombie-slaying experience, Mob of the Dead is the map for you. 

thecalmquail

I'd agree with everyone saying mob.

I don't really play Origins anymore, because it

a) takes so long to get set up

b) makes me want to put a brick through my ps3 when I repeatedly go down <round 8.

I like buried, a lot of people hate on it, but personally, I don't find much to complain about it, other that it is SO easy.

Like ridiculously easy. When the map first came out, round 60 wouldn't even get you in the top 10000 players.

MOTD is cool, sometimes frustrating, yesterday I had a perfect game on solo till round 9, went to get the part for the plane on the spiral staircase, but I got caught on a rock, and went down. I had 3 afterlifes, and used all three trying to get out of the spot, and still went down. Whatever way I'd got caught, the zombies wouldn't go anywhere, even after zapping them.

Rant over.

Either way, of all three, I'd pick MOTD every time, the rest are cool, but replay value on buried is very limited.

And on Origins, it's hit and miss, I find I'll have a good game, then 2 bad games, but it's usually from making stupid mistakes.

MOTD FTW.

M3NTZ3R29

I would say origins. Motd is awesome for the first few games. Its awesome when you do the sidequests. Its sucks now. Nobody plays it, theres nothing left to do in it, i literally do the same thing every time. Get the blu skull blundergat, pap it, acid kit it, train in cafeteria. There is pretty much no replay value.

Buried is a really cool map, it has the best easter egg in the game, and it has a great sequence. Buy double tap, play the song, run through the mansion, kill zombies for points in the pap area. My favorite of the 3

Origins I recommend because its a mix of the 2. The staffs are a nice sidequest, but the actual map is hard so sometimes you fail to ge the staffs. The staffs are cool to upgrade, too. Much more replayable then motd. The easter egg sucks. The easter egg took me 4 hours. Half of it is waiting for the giant robots.

If you are looking to do easter eggs, go for buried. i did the rictofen easter egg and its really good. Not frustrationg, but a perfect mix of cryptic and fun. The endgame is also pretty cool.

ali_taqi123

MOTD of course....if u can download 2 then u better take mob and buried

beerasaurous

origins is amazing, definitely a lot of things to do, and playing with the old characters is cool. Giant robots and staffs are awesome. Theres a tank, huge exploration sites, literally an exploration site. The crazy place is awesome. I think it offers much more than any of the other maps.

I would do origins.

hoboMurder101

I'm not sure if anyone on this post has mentioned it yet, but another plus for MOTD is that it's like the only map on BO2 that has traps. 

After all the replies on here, I think it's safe to say you should just buy all 3 maps lol
                            If you enjoy zombies, then they're worth it.

farmerguy95

also take into account, MotD has cell block for grief matches. Buried has borough for grief and turned however imo its the worst map for both of those modes. Origins doesnt have either of those modes.

another thing i dont anyone has commented on is that buried has four different buildables. mob and origins technically have 2, but its just a shield and some secondary thing depending on map.

lastly, if youve got friends that you commonly play zombies with, origins would be a good choice. although it may take some getting used to, you can always change it up "lets trade staffs each wave" "lets camp on the tank till we die". i feel the same can be said for Mob just on a smaller scale. Sure you can do that on buried but unless you agree not to use the buildables its really boring.

BurningFighter

It all depends on your playstyle. I personally like MOTD best. To me, it's the best Zombie map in all 3 Zombies games.

MOTD has the best atmosphere of all maps (in my eyes, at least). The gameplay is fun, afterlife is a fun addition, it's FUN to build the plane (unlike normal Buildables in Buried, Tranzit and Die Rise, where it's just annoying). Great characters, great weapons, Brutus, and yeah. The map is all in all perfect, except for one little thing - once you've been to the bridge once, it feels old. You can get bored fast, but if you have challenges, playing with friends or other things, it should be fun for a long time!

Buried is... meh. I really like the western style, as I've always wanted a western Zombie map. The thing with Buried is that it has the Tranzit-DieRise-Buried features: Perma-perks, Bank and Fridge, and those things ruin the real Zombies gameplay in my opinion. Perma Perks are just a mess, you don't know when you have one, you don't know when you lose one, and many of them are OP (like Perma-Tombstone). The Bank... well, you can get over 100k points on round 1. Need to say more? And the Fridge, well, it isn't as OP as the Bank and PermaPerks, but it's still OP in my eyes. And the Big Guy. He's fun at first, but after a while get gets annoying when needing to watch out not to shoot him or hit him with a grenade. If he runs into his cage again, you have to go through the whole friggin map to find the key again, and you actually NEED the Big Guy to open up several areas. And, as people here has mentioned, the map is very easy, having the 3 features I talked about, Paralyzer, the Big Guy, powerful buildables, camping spots, training areas, easy Perk Bottles, 7 perks... yeah.

Origins is very good. The problem I have with Origins is the setup; I feel I don't have the freedom when playing Origins. Having to watch over the Generators, getting staff pieces (if you want them, though) early enough to not make it too hard, get a weapon at a specific round to survive (or, you don't NEED to, but you get the point). It's almost as every round is similar, because you nearly need to follow a certain strategy to get far, depending on what you're planning to do, unlike many other maps (like MOTD) where you are just free to roam and go where you want to go, and still get far. The Panzer soldat jumps in at round 8, so you need to get a good weapon within that time. And if you go down on Origins, you rage more than any other map, haha!

On the good side, though, Origins has the original 4 characters, it has great weapons (the staffs are AMAZING!), and there is a Staff for every player, meaning that all players can get a wunder weapon. And all staffs are good, and the other players can even help building them. And instead of simple Pack a Punch, you need to go through a challening process to upgrade them. The Staffs are amazing. The Panzer Soldat is really challenging and dangerous (thinking of the Grip Claw... UGH!). It has many features; the Shovel, Golden Shovel, Golden Helmet, Thunderpunch, Airstrike Grenade, Staffs, Upgraded Staffs, Upgraded Thunderpunch, Perk Bottles, Wunderfizz... and yeah. The map has a lot. I would just recommend that, at least when I play it, I make sure to play with people who knows what they're doing, because, as I said, it's so frustrating to have a bad game in Origins.

And one more thing about Origins - Samantha. I hate her. "PLEASE!" "AGARTHA!" "SECRET!" AGARTHA AGARTHA AGARTHA PLEASE PLEASE!" Man, she gets annoying >.< XD

So, my conclusion: I like MOTD best. It's a perfect map. Not too many complicated and OP features like Buried, not as difficult/long as Origins, and it has just THE best atmosphere *_*

M3NTZ3R29

MoTD is the worst map in BO2. I think we can all agree that the layout is bad, its huge and it only has a few training areas, like he said once youve done the sidequests once the map is really boring, Origins and buried dont have that problem. Every game on origins i get a different staff or no staff and theres 9 perks and it actually has a good layout. Buried doesnt have a great layout but it is my favorite of those 3 its just an awesome map. Its not that easy if you dont use the bank, which i dont.

BreakfastBiscuits

M3NTZ3R29 wrote:

MoTD is the worst map in BO2. I think we can all agree that the layout is bad, its huge and it only has a few training areas

The layout is anything but bad. Sure the map can be overwhelmingly big, but isn't every zombies map like that nowadays? I think it's awesome to be playing at the actual Alcatraz prison, so I have no problems with the map. And there are plenty of training areas that I can think of:

1) cafeteria

2) docks

3) GG bridge

4) roof

Thats about as much as any other map.

And it has a couple good camping spots if you have the Acid Gat:

1) Gondola

2) the showers in the caged in area next to the laundry machine

MoTD or Origins. You want a challenge MoTD everyone else has pretty summed up why its a good map; if you want the original zombies cast Origins is the map you want. Oh did I mention that Origins has three 1000 foot tall robots one of which you can be in...

TEX_715

buy bo1 with free first stike. you will get 3 epic maps

v0itech

As far as I know there is 50% off on Season Pass so its a good time to get all the maps.

READ VERY CAREFULLY. Mob and Origins are very undo-able with randoms. You must use a mic, otherwise you're looking at games ending at the low 20's. Maybe even before. Origins is a pass. Buried is the best choice based on playability. Easy with with friends, easy with randoms. You can get setup by yourself. Like most people here I agree that mob is the best map.  Get both Mob and buried.

Depends what your into.

IF you like just plain survival, Origins might be the way to go.

IF you like all the gimmicky mechanisms and such, Buried is full of those. Mob of the Dead is as well, respectively.

if I had to choose one, I would say Buried (out of those 3)

1. IT Brings back camping

2. Ray Gun Mark II (seriously, this was 60% of reason)

3. Best wonder weapon! (Paralyzer)

MOb of the dead seems like it is fun, but I don't know how to build the plane, I'm sure I just need to find out how to do that.

Origins is supposedly really fun, but again, I lack the knowledge of what I'm doing. It hasn't exactly grown on me.

i Would go with Buried.

TreyarchBetterThanIW

Mob of the Dead is by far the best. Its not extremely hard, like Origins, or extremely easy, like Buried.

Its got such a scary feeling, very demonic. Brutus is awesome; the Panzer Soldat (Origins) is almost invincible, and the witches (Buried) are SO annoying because they steal you're perks. Buried is so easy it's a joke. Get the Paralyzer, get on the bank roof, BOOM! Instant round 80. Origins is extremely frustrating unless you're with a perfectly coordinated team, (Public Matches are impossible) and I don't like that you HAVE to do the Easter Egg to get to round 25 or higher. Sometimes I just want to play for fun.