7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2014 1:29 PM by boybad RSS

Tank problems (Origins)

madgamesss

while on the tank every once and awhile the tank will run you over while you are riding the tank. i'll actually be on it "on it" and i will go down and other players online think that's messed up how nothing kills you while you are on top of the tank. the game just believes that you got ran over when you didn't. please fix this. 

• Re: Tank problems (Origins)
          v0itech

It's lag issue. Game thinks you are little lower than you actually are. If you are lower then you are inside tank and you die. Its like in Tranzit where you rode bus but your character was dragged behind it. Seeing that Tranzit's bus wasn't fixed this probably won't be either.

madgamesss

i understand that but this..... problem  is way bigger.
              In Tranzit the bus never killed you. the tank does.. so with my understanding is that they should make the tank more like the bus where it won't kill you. anyways that's a lame ass way to die.

another way around this problem is by choosing another way to get the purple staff parts.

i hope they read this and get back to work. they are a really good company but there is always room for improvements to this amazing map.

Love what they done

boybad

Jump on the tank while you ride it, this will minimize the issue and make the zombie twitch if he is chasing after the tank like in solo, but mainly it is as mentioned lag issue.

mister_z

The Tank is only really good for 2 things. Getting the Lighting Staff parts and Getting the Tank achievement. If you have already done so, just stay off the Tank. I personally have never had this problem. When getting the Staff parts I always leave just 1 - 2 Z's . Runners not Crawlers, I thought you meant being crushed by the Bots while riding it. That pisses me off. I always forget about them.

boybad

The tank is also very useful for getting 3 drops (power ups) when in need of max or firesale. This may only be useful for high rounders. There is also a few good strategies that involve tank rides.

mister_z

Really ? Fill me in. seriously.. I really see no need to even mess with it, but at this point. You guys are far more informed then I am at Z's, that why I come here. Only recently heard about the Elemental Dagger and after checking with the Community. I figuered it not really something for me. How can I get drops from a tank ride. Sorry, no Youtube here at work so you guys are my only resource.

boybad

LOL dagger is a glitch and indeed is a waste of time.

After you collect all parts for the lightning stick, i think it is every 3 rounds or every 3d you can take a ride on the tank and where you collected the lightning staff parts there will be drops like NUKE,2X,IK, etc you can collect all 3 every time.

There is a good camping strategy at GEN2 which involves 3 doors closed and a tank ride to get out, and some training strategies at GEN2 where tank parks, you can use the tank as a trap to run them over.