7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 12:29 PM by Kothar44 RSS

problems after blops2 "security" update

f1yerondirt

After downloading the ps3 security update i am constantly getting host migrations, continuous lag,the disconnected plug and after playing about an hour last night my ps3 locked up during a respawn and shut off my router. I know some people are going to say it is my internet connection but i had 4 bars the entire time. After all my trouble i checked my net speed and had 10.2 dl speed and 3.5 ul speed. I then went over to MW2 and Blops1 and had no trouble and after about of hour of no problems on those 2 games i went back to blops2 and had the exact same issues as before. Has anyone else encountered this after this supposed "security" update? @treyarch @activision

• Re: problems after blops2 "security" update
          WARMUTT71

I have had the same problems

P34nut

My friends have noticed that the patch glitched something because almost everyone is running with the 'green elite founder' card/tag. The lag is definitely worse too. They still insist on playing it though, so I refuse to sympathise with them

Kothar44

lots of migrating hosts but the bigger problem is I now lag so much (1/3 - 3/4 of a second) that my kdr pre-patch was 1.38 but post patch I am 0.78 and I doubt I am winning 1 in 10 face to face shootouts now.  Frequently dead before they are even on my screen now.

FatalHeadshot

I  have had the same exact problem with lag since the latest update. Every game I played feels like I'm lagging my brother on his xbox/account as well. On xbox 360 btw noticed you guys are on ps3 so thought I would let you know xbox is getting the same effects.

Kothar44

tried again today and if anything, the lag is even worse.  I watched a final kill cam and some dude shot a guy on our team, then whirled and shot another then whirled and shot a third for a triple final kill cam.  He wasn't good, he was sprayin' all over the place.  He even ran out of ammo and had to switch to a pistol for the third kill.  Not one of the 3 on our team even raised a gun, much less tried to aim or fire or take any action other than running toward their objective.  Apparently none of them even saw the connection warrior until they were already dead. (he went 32-4 in tdm).

I already didn't buy Ghosts because of the horrible reviews and it being hacked since day one and now it looks like I'll be trading in bo2 on my next trip to Gamestop.  Hard to believe, but Activision managed to kill the golden goose.

Hope they sold enough bacon reticules to make their shareholders happy.  Wish they had put that time and effort into resolving the myriad of user complaints since day one that never got addressed like freezing on zombies, the helicopter sound etc etc etc.

Kothar44

Well, my friend begged me to play bo2 with him and I relented.  Nothing has changed.  I went 2-14, 0-14, 3-17.  Of my 5 kills, 4 were explosives.  I unloaded more than 1/2 a clip into people without so much as a hit marker, used a FAL and was behind a camper unloading 7 shots point blank without a hit marker, used a vektor with laser and the laser is centered in a dudes back and I fire burst after burst after burst with no hit markers.  I'm on the outboard walkway on Hijack, running toward the bow and suddenly, out of nowhere a guy is one step in front of me and stabs me.  I never even saw him run the 30 steps up to me from where he enters that walkway. 

Just to make sure, I popped in BF4, BF3, GTA5, MW3 and all were fine. (MW3 had a little lag, but nothing like BO2 since the update)