19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2014 7:10 AM by nicedrewishfela RSS

My list of things to fix

Lucent76

1. Lag its horrendous its there and needs fixing.

2. Time to kill. If I wanted to play hardcore I would choose that option. what's more is fast Time to kill mixed with horrendous lag has got to be one of the worst possible combinations you can have in an online fps.

3. Spawns. How do you make bigger maps yet worse spawns any other way but deliberately. Not good at all.

I could go on and on with things that annoy me personally but these are the fundamental problems making this game unplayable for many.

No I will not be interfering with my internet to attempt to make the game run better.

Yes I have a good connection.

• Re: My list of things to fix
          nicedrewishfela

Everything on your list is spam. You could, and have, posted this in those threads and become part of the conversation.

Lucent76

Well you see Drewish Its my PERSONAL opinion piece and thus is not spam also those things obviously are in severe need of repair before Ghost ends up with a population to rival the equally craptastic Halo 4.

Drewish do the forum a big favor and leave. 90% of post you make are blindly defending the game against players legitimate criticism of the game and usually in an insulting immature fashion. How is that going to make the game better?. If you and your ilk on this forum got rid of every poster who complains about the myriad of severe problems with Ghost you would only be encouraging Activision /Incompetence ward to give us less instead of more and with Ghost we certainly got less.

nicedrewishfela

Personal Opinion pieces belong on your Blog. The CoC clearly states to search and participate in existing conversations rather than creating spam posts.

The rest of your personal attack on me I'll ignore. If you ever actually took the time to read my posts you'd know I don't blindly defend anything. But carry on thinking that way.

Lucent76

Any excuse to censor opinions you don't like right Drewish?. Let it be known to any who come by this post that I have asked the poster Nicedrewishfela to stay away from my post in the past. I am a relatively forgiving and tolerant poster but this guy comes at me like an angry pitbull everytime I post something he doesent like. He is probably breaking coc himself in that regard.

atiredoldguy

"No I will not be interfering with my internet to attempt to make the game run better."

What do you mean by that?

Lucent76

Altering the settings. For one I'm not tech savvy enough to do it for 2 every other game I have runs fine with the exception of surprise surprise MW3.

atiredoldguy

So in other words you are complaining about something in which you have absolutely not intention of doing what you can to make better.

Lucent76

Not at all. I am complaining about something I should not have to make better.

atiredoldguy

You shouldnt have to have an internet connection at all, right. you should be able to throw your xbox in your car, or backpack and just whip it out at a redlight and play. You paid for the game, it shouldnt matter if theres no internet at the redlight at all .... or electric or a tv for that matter. What's up with forking out all that hard earned cash and have to buy a tv on top of it..... geeeesse.

Its pretty simple. Its an online game,. The online part is as much of your responsibility as much as theirs. Maybe the problem is all on their end .... maybe its all on yours, maybe its a bit of both, and maybe even some third party entities that are part of the network between your console and the other players. If you arent willing to do your part, then you have absolutely no right to complain about others doing theirs.

Lucent76

Your first paragraph was idiotic.

As for my connection I have had some great games of Black Ops 2 today and some good games of Mario kart 7 on the 3ds however they are not even part of the issue at hand.

I bought Ghost and it lags like a snail on valium just like MW3 before it.

The problem is with insanity wards connection issues.

atiredoldguy

Its no  more idiotic than just blaming someone else for a problem that you dont have a clue if is caused by them or you.

Say  you went out and bought a few dvds. The first 2 played fine, the third made everyone short and fat and there were big black areas at the top of the screen. Would you immediately complain about the dvd, take it back to the store .... or maybe check the settings?

You buy a new car .... get in and you cant quite reach the pedals comfortably. Do you go back in and complain .... or adjust the seat?

I'll maybe oversimplify this a bit , but maybe you'll get the understanding. Think of your router as the security gaurd at the front desk of an office building. His job is to direct people where to go. Some people he will just let go where they need to go, some may have to wait for an appointment, for some he may have to call around to make sure they are permitted, some may be riffraff who have no business being there at all, and may possibly even be there for malicious purposes. Now you are working there and order a sandwitch from a shop several bocks away. should the security guy just let him in, or should you be responsible for notifying him that the delivery guy will be coming.?

Your router's job is to direct traffic, while keeping your network secure. If you dont give it instructions, it cant tell the riffraff from the delivery guy, You are right. The settings can be complicated. they may need set differently for different purposes and even digfferent individual games. In the time that you've spent in this thread alone, you could have googled and found out exactly how to make sure everything was set properly, but instead you do absolutely nothing as far as checking and just start blaming other people. ...... now who is being idiotic?

gotsomestars

So I'd like to know how core is anymore like hardcore than before. We have 100 health, we've always had 100 health. Nothing changed there. The funny thing is (and I've said before in your other threads that cry about the same things) they listened to the vocal minority earlier. They put in heavy duty. And no one played it.

Your lag complaint is odd because you state that you won't even attempt to fix what could be a problem on your end. Confusing at best.

Spawns are still pretty wonky. I'll agree with you there.

Bmac223

I agree with the spawns. I hate the whole revenge spawn idea. But with lag, thats more your problem of not setting your internet right to play online games.

JRN00498

I have to agree with Bmac, and atiredoldguy, both. As atiredoldguy mentioned, if you have no intent of trying to fix the game on your end, then the complaint should fall on deaf ears. There is a process of elimination that HAS to be followed before instantly assuming that the other party is to blame. I am not attacking you, or your character, so please do not take it that way.

Drewish has always had something helpful to say, even if what he says is not what you want to hear. I think that Drew, like many of us here, is just tired of all of the complaining, and the devs actually listening to these complaints, that eventually turns the game in to trash for the rest of us.

What if your internet connection and port settings are to blame? Wouldn't you want to know that, and know how to fix it? When your internet connection is not optimized, and you suffer "lag"; it creates a trickle down effect. One bad connection can ruin an entire lobby, and usually, does.

All you need to do is click on the "Ghosts Support Forum", and up near the top, before the user submitted questions/comments, there is a step-by-step guide to port forwarding, and optimizing your internet connection. It is incredibly easy to follow.

If you refuse to make adjustments to your connection to see if it is part of the problem than you really deserve exactly what you are getting.

You may think you connection is good but that does not make it so.

1) they cannot remove lag, for it will always be there, even on dedicated servers it would still be there and just as bad.

2) The TTK is what the game would have been on past titles if hit registration worked as it should have on those titles.

3) For as long as the game has a payback/revenge spawn system to get players back in to the battle quicker the spawns can never be fixed to make everyone happy ever.

Lucent76

And meanwhile in the real world (well kind of) I just had an excellent match of Black Ops 2.

But if anybody has an easy fixes regarding Ghost to throw at me I am listening.

And meanwhile in the real world I have had excellent matches on Ghosts and BO2 and MW3 even when everyone complained about them. But that is because I do know how to adjust my router and settings since I have learned too because I tinker with pc's and servers and other things for the fun of doing so.

nicedrewishfela

So in your world.

If you have a great game = No issues with Connection.

If you have a bad game = The Developers are complete idiots who can't make a game, the connections are lousy, and it is all their fault.

YOU have a responsibility to make sure YOU do what you can on your side before you look to external factors. You can only control certain things. If you have done what you need to do, and there are still issues, then you can complain. We get your frustration with the game, but it is silly to blame everything and everyone else when you haven't done what is in your control.