1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next 119 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2014 6:23 PM by ThePrincessSlayer Go to original post RSS
      • 120. Re: MAVERICK NEEDS TO BE NERFED
        StripezBeast

I would rather it be OP, which it isn't, than have it be underpowered.

• 121. Re: MAVERICK NEEDS TO BE NERFED
          ThePrincessSlayer

I just posted the following in another thread:

I've got DLC1 and love the Maverick. I think it is a great gun and I personally do well with it when the situation calls for it. Did paying for the DLC/Maverick make me an instant better player? No. Before I got the DLC were there Mavericks all over outclassing me at every turn? No.

After reading some of the crying here I switched one of my loadouts to use the Rem R5 with VMR and muzzle break. I did this to test the theory that some people have about the Mav being so unfair or overpowered or whatever. I am playing just as well, if not better with the "free" R5.

To expand on this a bit, I've used the Mav a ton since getting the DLC on Xbox so I've had it awhile and am very familiar with it in nearly any situation. The R5 I have barely used. I think with the right setup Mav does great for an AR at range, maybe a bit more than a real AR would, but I can already see that the R5 does the same if not better. It is a little hard to say it is overpowered if other guns in the class are playing about the same.

1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next