1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 13, 2014 2:03 PM by thehunan RSS

Any play the original Roller Coaster Tycoon

ghamorra

This game has been my favorite video game of all time since I was just a wee child over a decade ago. I recently got back into it and even though the graphics are lame by today's standards I find the overall quality of the game to be better than most games produced today. If Chris Sawyer could go back and give his original masterpiece a small touch up and improve the AI with today's technology Roller Coaster Tycoon could would rule the gaming world.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, RCT is a full amusement park simulator. Complete with everything you can think of. It was made in 2001 and even tough the game is more than a decade old it's still one of the best. It really doesn't have any flaws. I encourage anyone to check it out.

The sad part about RCT is that Atari bought them out not too long before going under. RCT 4 was heavily rumored but that dream has been killed. The third installment of the series was a bit of a let down. They focused more on the 3D element. Because of this I found the game lacking on many fronts. It just didn't deliver. I really want the original RCT feel with more sophisticated AI and more ride options. Most importantly I want more customization options. 2001 was a long time ago and with today's capabilities this game has a lot potential.

I think Activision should buy the rights to this game from Atari