37 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2014 2:11 PM by Boredjim84 RSS

Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

Guitarwolf

Why hasn't this been fixed in the month since it was first discovered on the xbox? This tells me it's the DLC and not hardware related.

Can't load some maps at all, others load and crash within a minute of playing.

So is there a solution?  What is causing this crash?

• Re: Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64
          matuzz

Not sure what could affect this. Infinity Ward is probably looking for a fix if it has been happening on Xbox also.

Guitarwolf

I can't imagine they have much of a solution in the works.  There have barely been any responses to the same problem on the xbox DLC last month.  They are aware of the issue yet released the PS4 dlc without fixing a thing. 

So far the solution on the xbox seems to be re-installing everything, and if that doesn't work to do a complete system wipe. Wonderful!

I deleted my COD and dlc files and will attempt to reinstall.  If that doesn't work I'll wait another day to see if there is a solution posted.  But that is the limit of my patience.  If there is no fix after being out for a month on the xbox, I'm not holding my breath. 

Repeatedly erasing my PS4 contents to try and fix broken DLC is not an acceptable solution.  That time will be much better spent calling my credit card company to get full refunds on the game and DLC.  If this was a new problem I would be much more understanding, but they knew this was happening and did not fix it.

FalconR6

This is the latest advice I can find for you. Hope it helps mate.

Please try the following steps provided by Arunprasath, a fellow forum member:

1. Uninstall the game, updates and add-ons while your console is connected to the internet.

2. Disconnect your console from the internet.

3. Restart your console.

4. Reinstall the game offline.

5. After it is done installing try playing the game and see if it works.

6. If it does then connect your console back to the internet and install the updates.

7. Run your game and it'll work, if it doesn't then do a factory console reset and try the steps again

WOLFGOTTAGUN

This is the best course of action to take I think.

913killas

Hey Falcon,

I am having the same issues as stated above:

- DLC maps will crash or not load all together

- imagefile 64, imagefile 62, and ca_blah_ blah errors

Just to add a cherry on top of this **** sandwich, I cannot edit my loadouts for any character without it crashing and going back to the main screen.

The more I delete and redownload all of this, the more issues I have to face.

I would advise against telling people to do so, because it seems like that is the consensus from ALL OF US.

I understand and appreciate the unchartered territory here and I think that gets lost amongst the fustration from some of these players, but all we are asking for is acknowledgement, reasoning, and a plan to fix it. Even 1 out of 3 of these would be nice.

For a system and game that we all shelled out at least 500-899 for, this is ridiculous.

What seems to have happened was a rush to get this POS out the door to compete/stay with other versions. I am not against turning profit and capitalism, exactly the opposite in fact, but forcing a product onto the market too soon along with promises of "an experience unlike any other" is unprofessional and sad. A quote from the late Chris Farley sums all of this up quite well:

"I can take **** in a box and slap a guarantee on it, believe me, Ive got spare time. But at the end of the day, all your really buying is a guaranteed piece of ****."

rankismet

matuzz wrote:

Not sure what could affect this. Infinity Ward is probably looking for a fix if it has been happening on Xbox also.

I never saw nor heard of this issue reported on the X360 or X1.

Based on the number of users reporting this issue...

... I expect it is an issue with the DLC push to PS4. The game is not locating imagefiles... which means either the files are not present or the location in the code is not correct.

Guitarwolf

Update, I've uninstalled all COD files and re-downloaded them.  Not only do I still have the original error, but now I am getting the error and freeze on other maps that were fine before.  Just now I got a disk read error imagefile63 instead of 64.  Something is seriously wrong with this DLC.  I've spoken to activision support staff and they have no idea of how to fix it, nor any estimate for when a fix might become available.  So basically this DLC has bricked the game.

cranium2001

This has been a messy game for problems like this. I've been pretty lucky but it seems a lot haven't been.

SavageHam

Hey Guitarwolf,

Can you please try uninstalling the game and associated files one more time? Before reinstalling the content, try installing a few free games, movies, etc., then reinstall Ghosts, the DLC, and updates. Installing a few things will occupy some harddrive space and help push the DLC to install to a different sector.

The image file error can be attributed to a few things, it could be an issue with the disc or game install (digital). Seeing as you haven't had an issue previously, you can rule out the software as a cause for the issue.

There could be some issues mixed between a disruption in connection while installing causing an improper install, but that would have likely been resolved when you attempted reinstalling.

Lastly, there can be some hardware related issues, like bad sectors where the DLC is attempting to be installed to. Those are some of the more common reasons you may encounter an error like this. We want to be sure to rule out whatever possibilities we can. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks,

^AJ

Tygrastic1

Friend of mine is experiencing the same issues on his ps4.  He has tried reinstalling the files three times as well as reformatting the ps4 with no luck.  He also had this issue with the digital only version of the game in December which leads me to believe it in an issue with the internal HD of the ps4.  This lead him to go purchase the disc based version of the game which works just fine.  That being said, the normal version works just fine which we ended up playing tonight, its just the dlc that is causing the issue.

I know its not a fix, just wanted to let you know there are others experiencing the same problem.

ghamorra

Tygrastic1 wrote:

He also had this issue with the digital only version of the game in December which leads me to believe it in an issue with the internal HD of the ps4.

Did he try swapping out the HDD in the PS4 for a bigger one? I've read that this can cause some issues if the new HDD isn't installed properly. It can work 99% of the time but has problems with digital content.

Guitarwolf

Thanks for sharing Tygrastic.  I have the disk version of COD and had no previous problems.  At first I did think the problem may be hard drive related, but why is it that only COD is causing the disk read errors for everyone?  Talking to Sony, they just said the issue is with activision and not the hardware.  In fact while researching this issue it seems people have had the same disk read error using up to 3 different playstation 4s that they kept returning.  Hard drives are not the problem.  No other game is causing this.

Happening to me too. Sucks.

Guitarwolf

Here is an update.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled at least 6 times.  At least 4 times on a wired connection.

I have initialized the PS4 and done the full reformat, completely erasing all data and starting from scratch.

I have booted the PS4 in safe mode and done the "rebuild database".

I have downloaded the DLC and updates in a variety of orders, and have downloaded other games and files to ensure the downloads were not going to the same location.

None of these solutions did anything at all.  I am still having the same problems.  One time after doing the recommended initialization of all data the game would not play at all, except for single player.  No error code, only a complete freeze.  There is a video below.  Another time the Free Fall map would not load and gave imagefile63 error, this map had previously worked.  Currently after reinstalling again Free Fall works, but the new DLC map pack does not work at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Daj6SPO_8

this video shows the complete freeze when trying to play anything but the single player.  This problem has gone away after reinstalling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeEEjViTD88

Here is what the imagefile64 error looks like on PS4.  It always freezes at the same loading spot on maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PnAAqip30

Here is the imagefile64 error on a map that does finish loading.  Freeze happens within a minute of playing every time.

SavageHam

Hey Guitarwolf,

Since you have a disc, have you tried using your disc on another console or another disc on your console? Have you tried installing a few free games, movies, etc., before reinstalling CoD Ghosts, DLC, and updates?

Thanks,

^AJ

Guitarwolf

Hi SavageHam, yes I have tried installing other games and movies before and after reinstalling ghosts and the DLC.  I have tried all kinds of combinations to make sure it was not installing to the same location on the hard drive.  Including reformatting the hard drive.

I do not have any friends with a PS4 or a copy of ghosts. If you would like to send me one to try it out go ahead.

The game and previous DLC all worked fine until the new Onslaught map pack.  The disk is in perfect condition.  The fact that the only problem I ever had was with this DLC, and that DLC has been installed repeatedly and in various locations, tells me it is not the hard drive.  There is either a problem with the code in the DLC, or the file hosted on the playstation server is bad.  Although I don't understand why there wouldn't be a hash check to verify that the DLC download was complete.

Guitarwolf

Update:  I bought a SSD to replace to PS4 HD.  Reinstalled everything, went to play the DLC.

Disk read error 'imagefile64'

So yeah, it's not the hard drive...

Also got a crash while loading a new map that said

Disk read error 'mp_ca_red_river'

SavageHam

Hey Guitarwolf,

Thanks for trying that out for us and keeping us updating us again. Do you encounter this error only when playing the new maps, or does it affect the original maps now as well? Does this only happen when playing online or does local play or private match yield the same results. Can you please provide your PSN ID for us? Lastly, can you let us know more about your connection? What is your ISP? What type of connection do you have? DSL, Broadband, etc.?

Thanks,

^AJ

Guitarwolf

Hi SavageHam.  The error only happens on DLC maps.  There was the one time that all maps wouldn't work, I showed that in the first video of the 3 posted.  Otherwise the original maps work fine. Sometimes the Free Fall DLC map works, other times it crashes.  That map always worked in the past.  None of the new Onslaught DLC maps work either online or offline.

My ISP is Verizon FIOS, fiber optic with 50/25 speed. I've got a wired connection to the PS4 but have also tried downloading the DLC and updates using wifi.  Network connection is very solid and I have had no issues in the last 3 years with service.  My PSN ID is ****

IThePretenderI

Same on the Xbox One! Damn, Ive saw so much about this Issiue at this Forum!

SevenKings

This is simple negligence! I originally purchased an Xbox One, and went through two different advanced replacements.  The COD Ghosts version of the game on Xbox has the exact same problems as the PS4 version.  Image file errors, Map_decent errors, the list goes on for days, on both consoles for mainly just this game!  There has been the same on going error messages since day 1 release on both systems.

Furthermore, after all this time the problem continues and Activision shows no sign of acknowledgement or any attempt to resolve the issue.  This is why this franchise will soon be forgotten, and it will shine light onto new FPS titles.  It's sad that COD is on its last run, because after this problem not being fixed, I will not be purchasing another game in the call of duty franchise.

Also, after downloading this new Onslaught DLC, the crashes have become consistent.  Each new map has there own error messages.  Such as FOG will have a _swamp error code. The remake map has an "_Ignition" error message.

It's very simple, the developer team at Activision must of hired some new staff within the last year of production and they do not hold to the same standard of quality control prior to release of this current episode of the call of duty franchise.  The game has already been out for 6 months people, and we are still getting the same error messages.

There is with out a doubt that each console has their own bugs, but without a doubt these "disc read error" codes 90% of the community is getting is due to lack of integrity within the game itself.

The game is having a difficult time opening sub files when playing certain maps, It's unbelievable that there has been almost zero effort to fix this.

Sincerely, One Aggrivated Gamer!

smashsmash

I have been getting these errors too and mine had started during 2nd clan war, i had a downloaded copy of ghosts and had to go buy a disc this had fixed the problem until dlc was released and havent been able to play any maps or even set up my classes w/o errors. plz stop posting these solutions as i and many ppl have spent days trying them and no luck... This isnt a problem that can be fixed at our end. im to the point that im sending my system in for repair and if i still have problems im going to demand for full refund on everything ghosts/ps4 related. what ever happend to buying a system putting in a game and it worked.... my nintendo still works and ive had it for 25yrs or more.. Plz stop trying to see who puts thier system out first to make a buck and start testing your product before you decide to release it. WE ARE TIRED OF BEING RIPPED OFF AND BEING TOLD TO BEAT AROUND THE BUSH WITH SOLUTIONS THAT DONT WORK!!!!!!!!! Also plz make it so we can see clan wars app from console. Not everyone has a $400 cell phone nor can afford one after dropping money on ps4, ps plus and for some even internet upgrade, This is unfair and seems how this is a tournament shouldnt everyone be on same playing field ???? Cant play if you cant see what your suppose to be doing......

cranium2001

Do other games work? I wouldn't send my system in just yet unless other things don't work. If that's the case then it's not your PS4 in the first place.

smashsmash

no other games work on my ps4 and to make things worse both of my ps3's are doing the same. corrupt files damaging hard drive from download. thats 3 systems 2 different (1 disc copy, 1 full download) copies of the game all doing the same and no answers. im pissed....

smashsmash

why is it no matter whom i talk to they are insisting on me repeating what i already tried many times again. and again ending off with the same problems i would like to know why my systems are damaged from their products and who do i contact to have my ps3 x2 fix at their bill not mine??? also if anyone knows of class action law suit going on for this like their is for bf4 because i have lost about $1500 on this... someone needs to own up why this made it through testing are you all smoking crack or something ffs

smashsmash

also found out this isnt just narrowed down to one shipment of consoles its happening all over and to any system during download of patches and dlc. oh i also got told to drop EVEN MORE MONEY on a external hard drive rather owning up to frying the ps hard drive

daltigoth

Corrupt files aren't going to cause damage to your system or cause any irreparable damage to your hard drive. System failures can be attributed to a number of things, but so far as consoles go at least, they are almost never the result of software running on the console. System failures are almost always the result of hardware failures due to factory defect, misuse, or poor maintenance. While a particular game may ultimately be the catalyst in the failure, it is not that specific game that caused it, the system would have failed if placed under similar stress by any game. Essentially, a game that is pushing the system to its theoretical limits will cause the system to fail if it can no longer reach those limits. That is a fault of the system or lack of proper maintenance, not the game.

Furthermore, virtually no electronics come with a lifetime warranty because all electronic devices will eventually fail. Most complex devices such as modern phones, game consoles, laptops and tablets have a life expectancy of 3 to 5 years before their components begin to degrade and failure becomes more likely to occur.

With regard to the issue you were experiencing with the DLC, follow the steps under the "When you cannot connect to PSN" in the guide linked below, delete the game from your console, restart your console, then try downloading and installing everything again.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

smashsmash

i had just got my 3rd replacement system yesterday took it out of box put cod with no dlc and 2 min in first tdm match imagefile7,62,64 plus others mp_body_fed_basic_assault_a_tr all disc read errors no psn errors. so this rules out any miss use or poor care and also i finally got my digital copy to work for my ps3 my ip is masked and nat type open for both systems. im sick of having to contact 2 different supports and being told its not their problem talk to the other, this is a huge ongoing problem for many. and seems someone has to own up before it can be addressed. alls i know ive tried to download game,dlc and software 50 different ways with no luck. Im sure its not at my end besides i payed for a working system and game why shouldnt i get one or atleast get my money back. I play video games i dont troubleshoot new equiptment they pay ppl to do this.by the looks of things they will keep replacing my system until my ps plus time is wasted waiting to this to be fixed or my year warranty will end then say well your screwed now.... Could support plz post something saying they are doing something about this??? instead of wasting our time deleting and re downloading 10hrs a day.

Farewell_Fix

Words cannot describe the anger I've gone through since the launch of this game, from first paying the $10 that PS4 gave me to digitally upload my game from the PS3 disc, and even now with bought DLC I'm still being banged from behind. Here's my story: digital upgrade from PS3 to PS4 in November...got imagefile errors (various numbers) went and bought hard copy of the PS4 version. so I've now bought the PS3 version..$60, digital upgrade..$10. Everything worked fine until the onslaught DLC. Couldn't play the new maps..$15, after that my regular maps started to kick me out and give me a disc read error image file 64. Called Playstation, did EVERYTHING, even wiped my system and downloaded the software onto a USB, and put it into my system and start new (after I had rebuilt the database multiple times and fully initialized my PS4 twice) so then Sony tells me maybe it's my disc? Because ALL my other games and movies work just fine, you know what, maybe you're right, bought a new disc..$60, install, get the same issue, WITH MY REGULAR MAPS now! I'm getting dropped, screen goes black..get the image file error. After talking to Playstation, well maybe it's a hard-drive issue? I could invest in a larger HD right? Be nice for the future...$85 dollars. AWESOME! This has to work right? Nopeeeeeee, still get the image file error. Awesome. Also between the onslaught and now, my game was working when I was avoiding the new maps, wanted early access to the ripper so bought the Season pass...$50, and that was after I had been playing all night and wasn't dropped. Since purchasing that I can't play any map without getting imagefile error. Call Playstation again, and I kid you not the girl says "well maybe you should just not play it anymore if it isn't working" !!!!!!!! WHAT?!  So I call Activision, they send me to open up ports, change some things around. Played 2 games in a row and didn't get dropped, theennnnnn it all started happening again. I've DL and reinstalled at least 20 times, and between Playstation and Activision I keep getting the exact. Same. Response. " you unplug your system? You delete and reinstall? Make sure you're wired in, blah blah BLAH. NONE OF IT WORKS! I'm expecting a box tomorrow to send my PS4 to get serviced, but I don't think it's my system. Also reading people's stories about how they sent theirs in and still got the issue, just makes me furious, and I haven't even seen Activision acknowledge this issue. Just tell you these steps that have proven to not work, that's all I do. I've spent $300 investing in this game trying to get to work, and all I'm getting is the middle finger from both sides. I had my friend get on my account on his Playstation and download the doc...had no issues. I can't even play the game. I want answers, because this is BS.

ArcTJX

Let me help you for this one. From a guy who had been experiencing this over months.

It's nothing wrong with your Game, Console, or anything whatsoever. It's the Router ! that gave you bad files in result of 'diskread error'  Imagine why wouldn't this happen before update ? why would it happen after patch/DLC/ anything you had to download ? 

I feel you guys for those who getting this. You should contact your ISP and replace new router. I replaced my crappy Thompson Router with Cisco. Everything works well. 

I hope this help. If it does help, spread this to others.

Boredjim84

I Downloaded the new dlc today and now I can't play anything. Even older maps and modes. I can't play any match online without  the error and now the campaign is pulling this stuff. I've uninstalled and re installed three times and did a system restore on the ps4 and it still is giving me this error. I played ghosts last night at 9pm and the game worked fine so obviously it ha to be a problem with the code within the dlc itself.