11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2014 12:23 PM by CodPro3 RSS

Accuracy challenge glitch

Sometimes on an accuracy challenge I will shoot an alien but the game will act as if I didn't hit it and will affect the accuracy on the accuracy challenges.

Has this happened to anyone else?

It's happened to me a few times now.

• Re: Accuracy challenge glitch
          Stinky666

Never noticed it happen. You sure it isn't just lag?

Not sure.

I think I saw blood come out of an alien one time when I shot it though but it didn't register on the accuracy challenge.

I almost always hit my target however sometimes this problem happens. It isn't too much of a big deal but it's annoying when you get the 75% accuracy challenge and need to get the accuracy back up.

were u using explosive ammo because a hit marker thats shot next to an alien does not count as a direct hit

Kalkiavatara

Actually, yes, in fact, and it is quite frustrating. My tech facts and console settings are fine, the "fault" is not coming from this direction; the lag is reduced, etc.

I am extremely adverse to whining of purely non-creative kind, but there is definitely some kind of "issue" with the Extinction mode accuracy challenge. Whether my shots register sort of appears random. In solo and co-op play, either map. Some games correctly accept as valid a dead-on hit (LOL, how can a shot straight to the head, blood apparent, KILLING the alien in one shot, reduce the accuracy?), sometimes bizarrely I am given no credit for a perfectly fine shot or set of shots. In Extinction I play rigorously, no messing around with potential glitch-like short-cuts, and overall it is a great mode and addictive, so I am not bashing here... This is the only "flaw" thus far I have noticed...

I want Activision to know I am not attacking them, in the past I have harangued the COD fan base for purely destructive, whiny critique, but this is something actually existent, although incredibly minor. Nothing taking away from the value of the game as a whole, just maybe something to "fine tune" a little one day...

DanDanielsonXx

I have noticed this as well. I found that waiting and getting a few melee kills before landing a shot does away with the glitch. I think there is a waiting period before the challenge starts even though there isn't a viewable countdown shown on the screen like other challenges.

There is also a glitch on the "kill 10 seekers before they self-destruct" challenge where the countdown clock starts late and a meteor has already landed. You have to wait for the countdown to end before you start killing them, which is frustrating because the best time to shoot them is when they are coming out of the meteor. If you kill them before the countdown ends, there might not be enough seekers for the rest of the challenge... making it impossible to complete the challenge. I noticed this happens most often on the hive to the immediate upper left platform after your first encounter with the breeder, but I have also experienced it later in that area... just not as frequently.

Stinky666

I seem to get this challenge mostly at the hive near the VKS. I some times get it else where, but more often than not, it's at that one. Which would be good because NORMALLY, you get quite a few meteors, 2 right next to you, but when this challenge appears, you seem to get no meteors. I've had it several times before, where only 2 arrive, but then literally as the music is starting to end the drill, 2 more meteos come, but will land the other side of the compound. If you're lucky, you may just have enough seconds to get the additional 2 seekers. Some times they land and come out of said meteors AFTER the drill has finished

I_Steal_Boxes

I have seen this too and thought it was lag at first. But sometimes you can shoot and kill and alien with one armor piercing bullet, but reduce the accuracy. Not sure how that works.... It isn't game-breaking, so I don't mind too much at the moment.

The accuracy always seems bugged to me, if you use a fully auto weapon you will never achieve it no matter how well you aim.. I think its lag but the hits don't seem to register properly