21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2014 1:44 PM by IrateTraits RSS

Some Ghost Thoughts...

Ghost thoughts:

1-Squad points can be bought on psn. (I want to load my squad out, but not have to replay 100k times)

2 -Lots & Lots more gear choices!!!

3 -Camo can be choosen screw what suits the map!

4-A perk to stack with hardline to allow novice players to access strike packages. balance the field

5- A map building competition! 1-2-3 place become in-game maps.

6 -Clans vs Clan in Squad mode. I.e 1vs1 or 2v2 with bots.

7 -ww1 style trench warfare...like ground warfare bops 2(large teams) but open maps & no strike packs

8-samurai swords! for the menaces or something besides the knife

9-a game style where breach & clear is the focus...so building by building blitz??

10-an easier way to mute all!!!

Thanks for reading!! Please add feedback or your own ideas & dev's please consider this list....Espcially the gear choices....i'm a dude with a gun that cant find a decent outfit? its just frustrating!

• Re: Some Ghost Thoughts...
          Izjar11

1-You suggesting them sell squad points as a micro transaction? NO - they should be earned!

2- I agree more gear is a good thing

3- I presume they do this to not confuse players further

4- Huh?

5- -----------

6------------

7- trench warfare like bo2? not sure where there was trenchwarfare in bo2 but..

8- just add light sabers than as well and create a Star wars theme....

9- because no one will want to breach and clear in COD

10- YES--- this I agree. The mute all function is missed.

Hey i know these suggestions are not for everyone but lets clarify:

1- having them sold would not effect you at ALL so why does it matter if they are available.

4- newbies & "less" skilled players may never reach the kill streak requirements, dont think thats fair for them, plus in a game where some clan is dominating spawn points, at least u might be able to break that up.

7- black ops 2 had a game mode called ground war- 18 player maps- they could do the same with this but i suggest a ww1 trench themed map & game style

8- I actually ment to edit this after seeing that the jason axe becomes usable in the fog map. but maybe freddy claws or some other varitations??

9- i wasnt aware you were the lead csr for activision? how do u know what people will play?? can i get some of ur predictions to apply to my stock options??

Izjar11

IrateTraits wrote:

Hey i know these suggestions are not for everyone but lets clarify:

1- having them sold would not effect you at ALL so why does it matter if they are available.

4- newbies & "less" skilled players may never reach the kill streak requirements, dont think thats fair for them, plus in a game where some clan is dominating spawn points, at least u might be able to break that up.

7- black ops 2 had a game mode called ground war- 18 player maps- they could do the same with this but i suggest a ww1 trench themed map & game style

8- I actually ment to edit this after seeing that the jason axe becomes usable in the fog map. but maybe freddy claws or some other varitations??

9- i wasnt aware you were the lead csr for activision? how do u know what people will play?? can i get some of ur predictions to apply to my stock options??

1- selling squad points is a pay to win situation and that should never happen

4-  newbies need to learn to earn skill streaks.

7- Ground war is on the 4, trust me its not that big of a difference and a new map "trenches" is not a bad idea.

8- ------ they are experimenting with different non-war things and though it might be "fun" it takes the game into a new realm of non COD

9- Where did I state that? You clearly have not been on the forms long enough, to read the multiple threads on people not playing the objective.

Let me give you one piece of advice, when you write something here expect various different answers, do not expect people to agree with you or say "yes" at everything. Oh and perhaps first focus on checking your spelling before purchasing "stocks" would be better.

So hang on...

1- explain.... cuz i use my extra characters as my extra load outs so  why do i have to re-do there levels...make it so i can only use them when not in clans or partys?? but telling me i have to play a game for a over and over seems ridiculus, to someone with a job a wife and a life!

4- newbies yes. less skilled players or maybe people just trying the game should still be able have the full experience.

7-ill have to look into that!

8-is that a bad thing? maybe deepen the game play allow for more fans??? just dont let one take over the other??

9- its very clear in your response" no one will want to breach and clear in call of duty".... plus like you said after, you read lots of frum posts that say people wont play the objective....i think you might be taking this personally...its just a game these are just ideas.... little advice be more curtious in your responses and people will do the same. there is a polite way to say i disagree, as for spelling.... im in a rush... i have a life and i dont spend much time on forums, but thought the fine people at cod would like some feed back on there game! again thanks for reading have yourself a great day!

Izjar11

IrateTraits wrote:

So hang on...

1- explain.... cuz i use my extra characters as my extra load outs so  why do i have to re-do there levels...make it so i can only use them when not in clans or partys?? but telling me i have to play a game for a over and over seems ridiculus, to someone with a job a wife and a life!

4- newbies yes. less skilled players or maybe people just trying the game should still be able have the full experience.

7-ill have to look into that!

8-is that a bad thing? maybe deepen the game play allow for more fans??? just dont let one take over the other??

9- its very clear in your response" no one will want to breach and clear in call of duty".... plus like you said after, you read lots of frum posts that say people wont play the objective....i think you might be taking this personally...its just a game these are just ideas.... little advice be more curtious in your responses and people will do the same. there is a polite way to say i disagree, as for spelling.... im in a rush... i have a life and i dont spend much time on forums, but thought the fine people at cod would like some feed back on there game! again thanks for reading have yourself a great day!

1- as opposed to EARNING squads the option to have them sold makes the game as pay to win system. This is a FPS (its naturally repetitive) not a adventure or RPG game, I think your gaming in the wrong area.

4- Full experience? What does that mean? Newbies or "less skilled" players need to LEARN to play to earn such things. Giving them advances for being new doesn't do much for them. Because once they have "advanced" some and their crutch is taken away they will suffer even further from those who did not require such things but LEARNED how to play.

8- Well I don't know yet, its a new thing. But change is usually first met with resistance than a welcome embrace.

9- Personally how? I play, I write, I have read (been here since 11/09) thousands of the same tales of people "not playing the objective" it would be literally the same with your suggestion. I am sharing with you my ideas, but you preferred to counter argue them, so here we are.

Peace have a nice one as well.

Alright ill admit i didnt do enough playing before posting...my squad point issue was due to guns & unlocks but through playing squads these points and xp can be pretty easy to gather without wasting tons of time...Also i found that at first for some odd reason i couldn't use my equip. earned with my main character across all my characters however, playing yesterday i was able to apply the intimidator mask to all so i would scratch the 1st thought i had and to add to thought 3 perhaps tone chose could be available? so ur dark vs light but it would allow for darker & lighter?

Bubbakush

Dude if they gave me a light saber in CoD I would only run around with it nothing else just a wookie with a light saber. I would also change my name to Luke carpetwalker on live

Why should Squad Points be earned when this game is already pay to win?

nicedrewishfela

They should NEVER, EVER sell things like Squad Points. You need to earn these, plain and simple. And they aren't exactly difficult to earn. Nothing that is game impacting should ever be sold.

The only other coherent idea, your last one, is all I can agree with.

phxs72

1. I can't support this.  If you are going to do this then you would be better off just unlocking everything for everyone out the gate and not bothering with anything else.  Personally, I like earning stuff.  It helps to keep the game fresh and yes I do have more time on my hands than most.

2. No argument from me on this one.

3. It seems like such a simple solution but we already have enough trouble telling people apart.  The only thing saving us is the fact that the other team is darker than our teammates.  Allowing them to be just as bright would make HC a ricochet nightmare.

4. Noobs have field orders which allow them to experience streaks that they aren't ready to earn on their own.  It's not difficult to complete most of the field orders. So the experience is already there for the grabbing.

5. Certainly an interesting idea.

6. I've got no particular objection to that.

7. No problems with me here either other than to say that GW is a lag fest and your either goldly or cannon fodder without much in between.  Even on the next gen systems it doesn't play well.

8.  Some wouldn't like it but I don't take COD as seriously as they do.  It wouldn't bother me.

9. I'm an objective player.  So I like the idea of new objective gamemodes.  Finding other objective players to play it with would be the trouble but that's always the trouble with objective gamemodes.

10.  The Mute All feature could use an upgrade to allow it in the lobby.

gramthenOOb

1. Should never happen.  No point in playing.

2. Yeah, sure.  More is better.

3. Meh, doesn't make a difference to me.

4. Strike Packages reward skill.  They should be earned.  This in the hands on an advanced player would be ridiculous.

5. That could be cool.  I would love to participate should that ever happen.

6. Meh...

7. Ground war is available on next gen consoles.

8. I'll stick with my knife. For the amount you actually see it in game, is it worth it?

9. The potential is there, but idea needs fine tuning.  Game sounds like it gives defense an advantage.  Expand on this and make an ideas thread on it.

10. Yes please!

I see no one's really feelin 4 but the way i see it its like a one off or at least maybe we can have something like a novice lobby only rank 1 only 1 time access??  & for 6 its because at first it was just e & one other friend playing & i was reading i could unlock things in clan mode so it felt i was being excluded also if were not unlocking guns or equip does it matter if we earn off bots as well?

but please add to the list i wanted to just have a discussion of things "missing in ghosts" with 3 more dlc's on the way we might be able to have some input?

phxs72

Squads mode allows you to play against bots and still earn multiplayer xp and squad points.  You don't earn gun camoes or other challenges while in squads mode but it is a good way to practice and build up your squad points on those early levels.

Ya i did put an edit in, I had not really looked around before the op. I apologize for that. Tho now with a bit more xp under my belt, I am still very much in favor of more gear choices/Camo selections/maps & gamemodes, I found that after unlocking the intimidator mask, & The few guns I prefer This game has nothing left. So outside of maps & game modes how long will this keep me interested?? I only speak from the "not alot of time" gaming perspective, Which is why i hate unlocks....I dont care how i stack online or if i win or lose i just want to play with all the toys perhaps that is where the issue lies? the auto-match system & that u cant unlock in squad mode....For those with the pay to win view please help me understand. I simply google'd the guns in the game & picked up dead players guns, after an evening playing around ive used all the guns & i would still not call this pay to win....just cuz i have the maverick doesnt mean i can kill u with it? if u suck at this game barely ever play it how or why would u?? my friend spent 5mins getting killed & spawning & said forget this...How is that helping the fps genre?? I feel that if players like myself could have more to collect or use to personally identify with our character perhaps we would be drawn back more often even tho we are just getting shot 27 times over?? again these are just my thoughts -hope theres someone out there to discuss it with?

1 last thought...Maybe the systtem for unlocks is wrong? hear me out... Are characters are military- They should have a large collection of guns....However support is something that elevates based on ur rank i.e spec ops have stealth choppers and such... Perhaps that should be whats unlocked & the guns are merely choices...Then gear has base options but layering after is whats unlocked...ie u can dress like a ranger then add sec. weapon holsters & camoflauge of ur own choosing?? P.S.S For those not liking my camo choosing suggestion...How do u feel about the uniforms unlocked through clan wars? they are distinctly colored?

Tygrastic1

1-  Echoing what everyone else has said- EARN them.

2-  Fine by me, but keep them relevant to the game.  NO Homer Simpson running around.

3-  It would be counter productive to be running around with snow camo on prison break, but if some idiot wants to be an easier target, fine by me.

4-  NO.  We don't need 'Participation Trophies' in this game.  We don't need equality.  You can't earn it, you don't get it, plain and simple.  You want an automatic instituted handicap, go play golf with your local association.

5-  Somewhat surprises me they don't have this for previous titles.  They won't do it since I am sure it would interfere with their 'reskinning' old turds of maps to make additional money.

6-  Don't play squad mode.

7-  Meh

8-  Meh

9-  Don't care much for the idea and wouldn't play it.

10-  Community has wanted this for quite some time.